IGNORED

six games in sixteen days

the frampton balti

17 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Can't wait! Going to them all - this is what the Christmas period is all about for me!

All teams have the same schedule, so no need to worry any more than anyone else.

Same here. Not sure I've ever done 6 City games in 16 days before. 2 new grounds for my kid to visit too

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Steele

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Brownhill Pack Bryan Pato

Reid Taylor

Or Eliasson on the right, Brownhill in the middle and Pato with Reid. It would be criminal to us and to the players to have it any other way. The league is priority but now we have this fixture it needs to be taken seriously. I am sure if they play against Manchester they won’t use it as an excuse if they are subpar at QPR. 

So with you on this Joe.  Might be 1, maybe 2 Different, but I think Johnson will wanna try to win.  What would be on the bench?

Fielding, Vyner, Kelly, Bakinson, Garita, Eliason, Holden.

To my mind, you play Woodrow and Leko on Saturday v Forest, as their fitness is expendable.

Still think Smith will be ok....hope!  O’Neil anywhere near fit?

The Manchester United game gives us a chance to add some magic in front of a sell out crowd and Sky cameras. The league is a marathon, not a sprint, so if we need to play the kids, to rest some of our seasoned players, do it against QPR, so we are fresh for the Reading match.

Lets BELIEVE, and enjoy the ride

I suppose we will adapt to removing the more physical side of training and mainly use training for tactics and review. 

The players should all be in top nick now anyway and just need a few days rest here and there. 

Winning is the best cure for fatigue.

12 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

starting with the ex champions of europe against the future champions of europe x2 .

Have we ever faced such a challenge before?

surely with our over stretched squad .... somethings got to break. 

by  5 oclock on the 1st of january we will know our true credentials this season. we may well have a new hero. Step forward lloyd kelly, zac vyner or maybe even cauley woodrow or Aden Flint ....striker!!!

excitng times to be a city fan....

It’s harsh to judge our credentials without us having played the same amount of games as the other teams..! 

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Alternatively, be tough on Steele when he was the keeper that got us there.

Tough call but Lee Johnson's problem and his alone thankfully.

Personally, I would have no problem with the game being used to give a runout to some of the more 'fringe' players as in previous rounds, giving a couple of the regulars more of a rest.

Whilst I see your point I just can't see it happening. 

Every single player at BCFC will want to play in this game. They would run through brick walls to play in this game.

Yes it's an extra game but LJ will know if say he rested Flint then that's likely to do more damage than good.

The moral within the club is fantastic and if I was LJ I wouldn't risk ruining that because of one extra game.

13 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

It would be tough with a full squad. As we currently are it is more a case of what can we pick up points wise over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

City are in good form and confidence is high. I'd rather have a lot of games now than another international break. Injuries or no injuries. Whoever comes in is coming into a winning side. 

18 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

starting with the ex champions of europe against the future champions of europe x2 .

Have we ever faced such a challenge before?

surely with our over stretched squad .... somethings got to break. 

by  5 oclock on the 1st of january we will know our true credentials this season. we may well have a new hero. Step forward lloyd kelly, zac vyner or maybe even cauley woodrow or Aden Flint ....striker!!!

excitng times to be a city fan....

I don't follow your first sentence. 

I think we already know our credentials though and it will not be defined against two previous champions of Europe especially because of your third sentence; i.e. it will likely not be a true reflection of our overall capability directly because of those injuries but with or without a full squad it is not season defining and nor will January 1st be either. I suppose it will be a miracle if any of them are back for either of the next two games as well.

Your last last sentence I can agree with. :P

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So with you on this Joe.  Might be 1, maybe 2 Different, but I think Johnson will wanna try to win.  What would be on the bench?

Fielding, Vyner, Kelly, Bakinson, Garita, Eliason, Holden.

To my mind, you play Woodrow and Leko on Saturday v Forest, as their fitness is expendable.

Still think Smith will be ok....hope!  O’Neil anywhere near fit?

I agree about Woodrow and Leko. Don’t want them injured but can run them into the ground. Thinking about it I might rest some for the Forest game. Don’t think Smith will be ready Saturday though. If there was a game I play Bakinson, Vyner and Kelly it is Saturday. Forest are a good side but we are at home and think they’d do ok in that environment. 

Could really do with Hegeler and O’Neil back. Both midfielders with experience if not the legs. As for Leko I know many are down on him but he is only 18 and you can already see the difference in his work rate at the very least. Think he is good in a front 3 where he has a bit more cover. Woodrow works hard and could probably do with a couple more starts to show his value. Reid as fit as he is has never played so many minutes and especially at the high pace he has. He is suffering from Fam injury but also think he is a bit tired. Could look at him as a foreign signing in regards to minutes and appearances up until this season. 

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I don't follow your first sentence. 

I think we already know our credentials though and it will not be defined against two previous champions of Europe especially because of your third sentence; i.e. it will likely not be a true reflection of our overall capability directly because of those injuries but with or without a full squad it is not season defining and nor will January 1st be either. I suppose it will be a miracle if any of them are back for either of the next two games as well.

Your last last sentence I can agree with. :P

havanalaugh,

Thank you for your considered response.

what is not to follow about us future european champs playing forest and man united(ex european champs) in the first two games of this highly challenging 16 days! 

strength and depth will be truly tested because of injuries . If we reach the semi finals of the league cup or are in the top two on jan1st that is pretty amazing and could well be season defining, certainly shows our credentials as promotion candidates , as another poster has mentioned , a poor 16 days could leave us in 16th place with lee johnson under pressure again.

By any of them back are you referring to vyner kelly and woodrow?

i think you are dissecting my post  unecessarily.

I also agree with your last sentence!

4 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Who isnt our first choice keeper. Dropping our best players, for one of the biggest games for years is insane.

it's not the biggest game, its the biggest opponents, but the Forest game this weekend and QPR next weekend are far more important  

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it's not the biggest game, its the biggest opponents, but the Forest game this weekend and QPR next weekend are far more important  

Might aswell just field the kids and throw the game then. Your logic makes no sense.

A win to get us into a semi final of an actual proper cup is much more important.

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

Might aswell just field the kids and throw the game then. Your logic makes no sense.

A win to get us into a semi final of an actual proper cup is much more important.

beat forest and QPR and we could actually be in the automatic promotions spots to the prem

4 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

havanalaugh,

Thank you for your considered response.

what is not to follow about us future european champs playing forest and man united(ex european champs) in the first two games of this highly challenging 16 days! 

strength and depth will be truly tested because of injuries . If we reach the semi finals of the league cup or are in the top two on jan1st that is pretty amazing and could well be season defining, certainly shows our credentials as promotion candidates , as another poster has mentioned , a poor 16 days could leave us in 16th place with lee johnson under pressure again.

By any of them back are you referring to vyner kelly and woodrow?

i think you are dissecting my post  unecessarily.

I also agree with your last sentence!

So whats the x2 bit then? Are we gonna win it twice? I am happy with that.

None of those 3 players will be enormously successful as adequate cover no. And no disrespect to them either.

No more disections. 

well the x2 referred to the first two games . I have since been reminded that villa are ex european champions as well.

Have to disagree about Vyner and Kelly , though maybe  I am biased cos they are city players. 

The problem is .... as my original post states , it seems likely that somethings gotta give and i think we may end up with another unexpected talisman. The youth will surely play because Lj may have no option and i think given his record with young players thus far ,it is a challenge he will embrace.

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So whats the x2 bit then? Are we gonna win it twice? I am happy with that.

None of those 3 players will be enormously successful as adequate cover no. And no disrespect to them either.

No more disections. 

Always a welcome bonus Balti. Hope you are right. That Villa team of 82; boy was that good. I must try and dig out some youtube videos of them playing Forest in 81 and 82 and see how they compare. Forest were brilliant too of course but i just loved the flare of Villa. 

City of course were not so good in 1982!

Archived