IGNORED

December 10th....

BS4 on Tour...

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....1983....still one of my fave games ever...FA Cup Round 2 - when fourth division Bristol City gave us these memories forever. I never tire of acknowledging this anniversary - apologies if anyone is tired of my annual pronouncement...

You don’t use that sound system for your band do you?

My first derby memory. I was 10. I didn't go to the game but listened to it on the radio with my dad, who started dancing wildly around the room with me when the winner went in and again at the final whistle. I love the way that Hirst's winner creeps over the line - I'm sure he said at one point he mis-hit it. I also love how Terry Cooper gesticulates at the end about City being the number one Bristol team. 

2 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

One of my favourite City games....bloody marvellous sticking one up those tramps at their ruin of a ground.

It was like being a boxer that had been relentlessly battered for fifteen rounds who comes up with the best punch of his life to win the fight by a knockout.

I think we began to believe then that the city would be ours again in the not too distant future.

Archived