IGNORED

Under soil heating?

BournemouthRed

I am certain we do. However games will be called off for the surrounding areas - For that we are at BCC's mercy for gritting, and a H&S assessor who will probably crumble like the first snowflake falling. 

We did not the last time I remember it being a problem against West Brom in the FA Cup a few years ago. Pitch was icing up and made it a bit difficult. I am quite sure it has been in the plans but am not sure if it was ever installed. As said though, it is more about the safety of the fans trying to get there. 

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It was certainly installed during the development. I remember seeing the pics of all the pipes being laid. 

It wasn't immediately switched on tho as it wasn't connected to anything as I believe the engine room for it is in the Lansdown Stand?

Pretty sure you`re right there. It must be up and running now but I doubt we`ve had to use it yet with how mild last winter was.

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

We should go belt and braces and get one of these.

5a2d4f8110ee5_LeicesterBalloon.jpg.40a3414781437acef5812b9cc7c4684b.jpg

The pitch would be OK, but the terraces would be considered too slippery by today's H&S inspectors, or more likely, club officials scared a spectator might slip and slap in a compensation claim.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

The pitch would be OK, but the terraces would be considered too slippery by today's H&S inspectors, or more likely, club officials scared a spectator might slip and slap in a compensation claim.

True. It`s amazing we`ve all lived so long really  after putting ourselves in the jaws of danger so often back then.

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

I am certain we do. However games will be called off for the surrounding areas - For that we are at BCC's mercy for gritting, and a H&S assessor who will probably crumble like the first snowflake falling. 

Mercy of BCC?

Piss up. Brewery. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It was certainly installed during the development. I remember seeing the pics of all the pipes being laid. 

It wasn't immediately switched on tho as it wasn't connected to anything as I believe the engine room for it is in the Lansdown Stand?

When we first laid the Underhill pipes I thought we couldn't use them straight away because of the engine room  (Like you say) plus they were waiting to move the pitch 5metres, so the final piping wasn't laid until that point. 

4 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

But where in the Bristol area are we going to get a big tent from?

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The same place as we would get all the hot air to fill it with,

OTIB Gold in two posts there.

Going back to the pic, wasn’t that the game Keith Weller wore tights?

17 hours ago, 29AR said:

I can remember that it used to be worse regarding the safety of the surrounding areas. When the Atyeo end was the open end the terraces could be covered in ice as would the terrace in front of the Williams stand. The pitch could be just about playable, but the match would be called off 

18 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I'm no plumber/heating engineer but can someone please explain how it is possible to keep the pitch from freezing whilst the hand dryers in the gents continues to send out a blast of air directly from Siberia.

Tis true, I'm fed up with having to piss on my hands to warm 'em up all the flipping time.

Archived