IGNORED

ITV west football I have got a request

Never to the dark side

Could you dig out the football footage of our 1-0 win at Manchester United from saturday 1st February 1975?

I think the words that were used by the Granada commentator

were to the best of my knowledge  was

"they (Bristol City) have done nothing all match and scored in the last minute"

If the film footage has been chucked in the skip

Maybe ask Granada for a copy

10 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Could you dig out the football footage of our 1-0 win at Manchester United from saturday 1st February 1975?

,I've got a good feeling about our game on the 20th,

interesting thing about that squad is how long they all stayed.  Of the team that took us up to the top division, I think only Gary Collier left willingly.  Shows the value of keeping a squad together, and I hope we can do it with the present lot because I honestly think this is the best squad since 1975.

Just been loking at the last five meetings between the two sides and the film footage available.

1974/75 Donnie gillies goal 1-0 win available

1976/77 two mid week games

1977/78 two mid week games

1978/79 loss at home on  HTV won 3-1 away poor quality on you tube

1979/80 home match TV dispute away 4-0 loss I have seen it some where in the distant pass

On 10/12/2017 at 17:06, Never to the dark side said:

I actually tried contacting HTV/HTV West about footage before, it was the Anglo Scottish 6-0 win over the squatters, I did get a reply but they seemed to think most if not all of the footage from that time was gone. Shame, and shoddy work if you ask me.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:00, swanker said:

I was there, left the ground before the end and missed the goal. 

I was there and didn't leave - mind you it got a bit hairy afterwards as the Utd fans in the old "Scoreboard" terrace were trying to climb up into the seats behind them where all the City fans were.  I walked back to my student digs trying not to look too smug as MUFC yobs were kicking cars and lampposts as we had the effrontery to be the only team to win at Old Trafford (and indeed do the double over them).  

30 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I was there and didn't leave - mind you it got a bit hairy afterwards as the Utd fans in the old "Scoreboard" terrace were trying to climb up into the seats behind them where all the City fans were.  I walked back to my student digs trying not to look too smug as MUFC yobs were kicking cars and lampposts as we had the effrontery to be the only team to win at Old Trafford (and indeed do the double over them).  

All I heard  from them was " how could we lose to sh*t like that?" I kept the obvious reply inside my head!

Archived