IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

old_eastender

Freddie was unused sub again Saturday for Cheltenham, according to their official site he has not made a single start, just 10 sub appearances averaging 20 mins a time. 

How is this possibly helping his development?

Surely he would be better off playing regularly in our under-23s, or simply being pulled from Cheltenham and loaned to another club that will play him!

His two outside the box strikes against Plymouth and Watford, showed his potential. Pointless him bench warming at Cheltenham.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Freddie was unused sub again Saturday for Cheltenham, according to their official site he has not made a single start, just 10 sub appearances averaging 20 mins a time. 

How is this possibly helping his development?

Surely he would be better off playing regularly in our under-23s, or simply being pulled from Cheltenham and loaned to another club that will play him!

His two outside the box strikes against Plymouth and Watford, showed his potential. Pointless him bench warming at Cheltenham.

Strange that he can't get a game in that team.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

because he's not as good as people think?

Exactly. He's a kid. He played well against 2 sides for us, he's not a world beater, and he's certainly not guaranteed a place in a side by virtue of doing well against Watford.

I was quite disappointed when it was announced he was going on loan to CTFC, but when Woodrow came in I saw the logic. 

LJ also said it was difficult to find takers. 

Personally id have liked to see Hinds mix with our first team in the hope that playing / training with better players (no disrespect CTFC) would bring him on quicker. 

Even though his game time has been less than I’d hoped, he will still have learned from being involved. 

Had our strikers stayed fit he’d be getting u23 football at best. 

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Exactly. He's a kid. He played well against 2 sides for us, he's not a world beater, and he's certainly not guaranteed a place in a side by virtue of doing well against Watford.

3 minutes ago, palmerred said:

People also seem to forget he failed to make a single start for Luton last season. He's not a Championship in waiting striker. 

Nobody is saying he is a "world beater" or "Championship in waiting striker", but to develop he has to be playing competitive games and he is not getting that at Cheltenham!

Also it's common-place for clubs to attach conditions about game time when they loan young players to lower division clubs, I can only presume we didn't do this with Freddie because of the Johnson connection.

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Nobody is saying he is a "world beater" or "Championship in waiting striker", but to develop he has to be playing competitive games and he is not getting that at Cheltenham!

Also it's common-place for clubs to attach conditions about game time when they loan young players to lower division clubs, I can only presume we didn't do this with Freddie because of the Johnson connection.

Nobody came in for him, Lee got Gary to take three players on loan. He said they only had offers for Moore, but not for Freddie or Joe and got Gary to take all three.

The lad has had 11 appearances in the league and 3 in the cup. 1 goal from 14 appearances. Those appearances will help him but he's 18 and at present struggling to hold down first team place in League Two. 3 years ago Bobby Reid was doing exactly the same, it doesn't seem to have hindered his progress has it. 

I have a good friend who is a Cheltenham season ticket holder, says that Hinds has an attitude problem, thinks he should be playing, GJ can't send him back because of the terms of the loan. Maybe he is having to learn a lesson or maybe my friend is talking out of their backside. Whichever, he isn't getting a game for some reason.

GJ is doing Hinds a favour by just keeping him involved in senior football. Coming of the bench here and there will help him no end.

GJ has done us another favour with allowing Morrell to express himself when a loan elsewhere was not possible.

He’s simply getting valuable experience which he wouldn’t get in our youth team.

Simples, surely?

He doesn’t have to play 90 mins and score loads to benefit from his time on loan. Just being involved and playing minutes makes a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I have a good friend who is a Cheltenham season ticket holder, says that Hinds has an attitude problem, thinks he should be playing, GJ can't send him back because of the terms of the loan. Maybe he is having to learn a lesson or maybe my friend is talking out of their backside. Whichever, he isn't getting a game for some reason.

Its the terms of all loans now, if loaned out a player cannot be recalled.

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

He's been sent on loan to get game time, perhaps only getting the odd 20 minutes here and there is a cause of this supposed attitude problem? 

8 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Two long range strikes in the League Cup a regular starter doth not make. It's like Wes Burns, people demanded he should start by virtue he could run fast...

Yet at Fleetwood Burns looks very very average and can barely get game time there. Only 17 games in about 12 months now and has struggled to score goals too. Burns was never as good as people here or his Dad thought he was. It's now showing at Fleetwood and we done well to get such a good deal for him. 

14 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Trust me I was at watford .... Hes a world beater. It wasnt just his goal. Fantastic player to have on the bench for us at moment.

I'd say confidence has been knocked by lack of game time...

Not sure you can judge a player on one game. Derby fans thought we had signed Messi when Leko played against them. If he cant get game time in League 2 for Cheltenham then the players currently sat on our bench who have done it a higher level then League 2 are the better options.

10 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Yet at Fleetwood Burns looks very very average and can barely get game time there. Only 17 games in about 12 months now and has struggled to score goals too. Burns was never as good as people here or his Dad thought he was. It's now showing at Fleetwood and we done well to get such a good deal for him. 

I think Burns was another one who thought he was better than he is, and thought he had already made it with us etc. Remember one of his last games with us? Where he kept missing the ball, couldnt cross etc that was game over for him then.

I imagine he might end up in scotland again where its slightly easier.

18 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Two long range strikes in the League Cup a regular starter doth not make. It's like Wes Burns, people demanded he should start by virtue he could run fast...

In defence of those wanting Burns, we had a side with no pace, and he had it. You need at least one player with some pace and I can't think of a decent side without at least one rapid guy. 

Do we have to do this everytime? Just because it is not a prolific loan doesn’t mean it can’t be good for him. Not only does he get minutes in the league as an 18 year old, he gets training with a first team in the league. It isn’t about stats pr minutes, it is about developing as a player and a young man. I am sure he will probably stay with the U23s in January now he has had a taste for action. 

People have overrated him because we had a striker crisis in the summer. Milan not fit, Famara came in late, Taylor not fit and no one believed in Reid so Hinds got a chance to show a bit in the summer. Showed enough to get some minutes in the cup and fair play he scored. However, it is a big difference playing with Brownhill, Pack, Eliasson and Reid to then go play with Eisa and Winchester. He has loads of development to go through still and the right call was made to loan him out. Now there is footage of him in the league for other suitors to look at when looking to loan him in and I would expect him to be in the conference next season but playing much more. Look at the path Jonny smith is on and I think you will see similar with Hinds. He isn’t even done growing yet, let us take a deep breath for a moment and put it into perspective

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Do we have to do this everytime? Just because it is not a prolific loan doesn’t mean it can’t be good for him. Not only does he get minutes in the league as an 18 year old, he gets training with a first team in the league. It isn’t about stats pr minutes, it is about developing as a player and a young man. I am sure he will probably stay with the U23s in January now he has had a taste for action. 

People have overrated him because we had a striker crisis in the summer. Milan not fit, Famara came in late, Taylor not fit and no one believed in Reid so Hinds got a chance to show a bit in the summer. Showed enough to get some minutes in the cup and fair play he scored. However, it is a big difference playing with Brownhill, Pack, Eliasson and Reid to then go play with Eisa and Winchester. He has loads of development to go through still and the right call was made to loan him out. Now there is footage of him in the league for other suitors to look at when looking to loan him in and I would expect him to be in the conference next season but playing much more. Look at the path Jonny smith is on and I think you will see similar with Hinds. He isn’t even done growing yet, let us take a deep breath for a moment and put it into perspective

I did

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

one size fits all!?..... not. 

the fact is every time hes had an opportunity at city in the first team he has shone! and at the moment we are short on strikers.

please tell me where tammy abraham was before city .... did he play in ryman south????

All hindsight though, isn't it?

Most of us (me included) thought if anything that he was too good for L2.

Pretty sure we will review his situation next month though because at present this isn't helping him, us or Cheltenham.

1 minute ago, the frampton balti said:

the fact is every time hes had an opportunity at city in the first team he has shone! and at the moment we are short on strikers.

please tell me where tammy abraham was before city .... did he play in ryman south????

Tammy Abraham came through a category 1 academy with some of the best coaches in the world, before we just about persuaded Chelsea to let him come here, based on his excellent performances for Chelsea's youth sides.

Freddie Hinds came from Luton.

He needs to experience mens football, competing for a place in the starting XI, and hopefully he'll come back a better, more experienced player, even for his few appearances.

13 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

we weren't when he went out on loan, we had druic and Taylor coming back from injury, we had fammy reid and woodrow, can you honestly say he should be in the team in front of those 5?

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

But surely if he was one of the best 2 strikers at Cheltenham, then he’d be getting far more game time than he is. 

It would suggest that he’s not, so you can’t really blame them for not playing him and if he can’t get regular game time for Cheltenham, then it’s unlikely that he’s ready for it at many other clubs, yet. 

It’s down to him to force his way in, not assume he’ll get minutes to do Bristol City a favour. 

51 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

In defence of those wanting Burns, we had a side with no pace, and he had it. You need at least one player with some pace and I can't think of a decent side without at least one rapid guy. 

What’s the point being fast if you’re not actually any good though!?

Archived