IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

old_eastender

56 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we weren't when he went out on loan, we had druic and Taylor coming back from injury, we had fammy reid and woodrow, can you honestly say he should be in the team in front of those 5?

Duric and fammy injured, im not saying he shouldnt have gone on loan, we need all hands on deck now. kelly and vyner didnt though did they... 

1 minute ago, the frampton balti said:

Duric and fammy injured, im not saying he shouldnt have gone on loan, we need all hands on deck now. kelly and vyner didnt though did they... 

but we can't recall him I don't know how many times you need to be told this before it sinks in, the loan rules have changed, even if we did recall him in the next 5 minutes he can't play until jan as we can't register him,

Kelly and Vyner didn't go out on loan because they are alot closer to the first team then hinds,

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

but we can't recall him I don't know how many times you need to be told this before it sinks in, the loan rules have changed, even if we did recall him in the next 5 minutes he can't play until jan as we can't register him,

Kelly and Vyner didn't go out on loan because they are alot closer to the first team then hinds,

I consider myself to have been told.......Once.....Aaaah good so the rules say he cant be registered till January. If they didnt would you agree that he would be a useful addition presently??

Obviously we shouldnt recall january in because we will then have better options???

Rules is Rules i spose...

24 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

I consider myself to have been told.......Once.....Aaaah good so the rules say he cant be registered till January. If they didnt would you agree that he would be a useful addition presently??

Obviously we shouldnt recall january in because we will then have better options???

How many forwards do you want on our bench?

24 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

no I don't I think Taylor and Woodrow are more useful as they have more experience at this level if we only had reid fit then yes but theres more to getting into the team then having a good game in the cup,

If he was producing the good at cheltenham then maybe, but as it stands McCoulsky has a bigger right to be in the side then Hinds as he's actually producing in  the play time he's getting and will come back a better player because of it, like Bryan did and like reid did 

I'm surprised that the clamour is for Hinds to play a part in our season rather than McCoulsky.  Neither may be quite ready but the latter is a natural goal scorer with a fantastic record at whatever level he has played at. He would be ideal for our bench at a time when we will struggle to fill it.  Currently he is scoring a goal every 84 minutes for Newport with many goals scored after coming off the bench.    Duric can play 30 mins max and Famara won't be back until mid Feb at best and will need to get up to speed.  Woodrow hasn't really impressed and Garita looks like he might carve out a career in league 2 at best.   Hinds did brilliantly and struck a wonder goal but he is not going to be a prolific goal scorer and I suspect McCoulsky is. 

Whether he has the pressing work rate that LJ demands is perhaps the only reason he won't be brought back.  I'd rather we spent money on a quality midfielder as we will have Famara back to support Bobby Reid and Matty Taylor from mid-Feb onwards.  At least a few more players from all positions are contributing goals this season and the team will have another defensive player with an eye for goal to go with Flint when Pisano is back.  For a six to eight week period though I think it makes sense to have McCoulsky on the bench from 1st jan.

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no I don't I think Taylor and Woodrow are more useful as they have more experience at this level if we only had reid fit then yes but theres more to getting into the team then having a good game in the cup,

If he was producing the good at cheltenham then maybe, but as it stands McCoulsky has a bigger right to be in the side then Hinds as he's actually producing in  the play time he's getting and will come back a better player because of it, like Bryan did and like reid did 

Inclined to agree about mcoulsky .... amazing number of goals per minutes on the pitch. 

As you say though no use till january. Just out of interest who is our best striker at u23 level?

5 hours ago, BITW said:

In fairness I would say Haynes was twice the player Burns was for us despite his obvious limitations. I could never understand what anyone saw in Burns. 

He scored the goal in the last minute against Boro that signalled the very start of our recovery after months of terrible displays - I will always remember Wes for that (and running very fast).

7 hours ago, palmerred said:

Yet at Fleetwood Burns looks very very average and can barely get game time there. Only 17 games in about 12 months now and has struggled to score goals too. Burns was never as good as people here or his Dad thought he was. It's now showing at Fleetwood and we done well to get such a good deal for him. 

In fairness, I thought he had something...as a Striker.  Saw him play on his own up-top for Wales u21s a couple of times and saw potential.  Some players don’t kick-on.  Some players look better with better players around them, but then don’t improve a team when they drop down.  He’s still having a career at League One Level, maybe not to the extent he thought, but that’s life.  I think his pace was a big asset, but like Walcott, isn’t a Natural footballer.  Plenty of those types have forged decent careers.

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I did

Me too.  Think I maybe started the "Reid - Striker" thread back in the summer!  Like Burns I saw things in him that showed potential (different things in this case).  The first time I saw him was against Rovers in JPT.  However you never know how players will turn out, especially when they move out of age-group football into the harsh no-age world of pro football.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:22, old_eastender said:

Freddie was unused sub again Saturday for Cheltenham, according to their official site he has not made a single start, just 10 sub appearances averaging 20 mins a time. 

How is this possibly helping his development?

Surely he would be better off playing regularly in our under-23s, or simply being pulled from Cheltenham and loaned to another club that will play him!

His two outside the box strikes against Plymouth and Watford, showed his potential. Pointless him bench warming at Cheltenham.

very true just destroying the kids confidence

10 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

very true just destroying the kids confidence

Or motivating him to prove that he merits a start.

If he can't handle a bit of  ' set back ' then he's in the wrong career.

Personally I think he will thrive . He's come this far , within touching distance of a career in the Championship, so he's no mug.

All back on January 1st. 

Hinds I can't see being offered an extension there, so he'll be back in the u23 squad for the rest of the year.

Moore I'd hope we secure a loan deal to a side in the league above. Pretty disappointing to see him in league two. 

Morrell will probably have his loan extended, done better than I thought he would've, know Cheltenham fans would be happy to keep him. 

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

All back on January 1st. 

Hinds I can't see being offered an extension there, so he'll be back in the u23 squad for the rest of the year.

Moore I'd hope we secure a loan deal to a side in the league above. Pretty disappointing to see him in league two. 

Morrell will probably have his loan extended, done better than I thought he would've, know Cheltenham fans would be happy to keep him. 

Wonder whether Moore could be offered to Plymouth, one of the worst defences in the league, close enough that he could still train with us and we have a (smallish) history with Bobby, Joe and Garita there. I wonder whether we consider offering Hinds to Forest Green or Yeovil, to see if they'd be willing to give him more game time. 

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wonder whether Moore could be offered to Plymouth, one of the worst defences in the league, close enough that he could still train with us and we have a (smallish) history with Bobby, Joe and Garita there. I wonder whether we consider offering Hinds to Forest Green or Yeovil, to see if they'd be willing to give him more game time. 

Yeah someone like that. He did alright at Bury last season so we know he can play at that standard. 

Hinds can't play for another side this season. FIFA rulings I believe.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah someone like that. He did alright at Bury last season so we know he can play at that standard. 

Hinds can't play for another side this season. FIFA rulings 

At right back as well, in his preferred position he should be fine at league 1 level. Ah yeah forgot Hinds couldn't be loaned out again, wonder if we could inset a stipulation that he can also feature for our U23's as I don't believe the same rules apply to U23's football? 

Archived