IGNORED

Class of 92 Full-Time

Tipps69

Anyone watch the continuation of the story of The class of 92 owning & running Salford City FC?

Episode one was on Sky Sports last night & it’s focusing on them becoming a full-time football club.

I thought the original BBC series was very good & interesting & Sky have now seemingly taken the story on, I’m not sure how many episodes there are to the series but I’m guessing it’s on for the next few Sunday nights & I personally find it good to see the ‘behind the scenes’ coverage of a football club & especially of one that is in essence just starting out.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Anyone watch the continuation of the story of The class of 92 owning & running Salford City FC?

Episode one was on Sky Sports last night & it’s focusing on them becoming a full-time football club.

I thought the original BBC series was very good & interesting & Sky have now seemingly taken the story on, I’m not sure how many episodes there are to the series but I’m guessing it’s on for the next few Sunday nights & I personally find it good to see the ‘behind the scenes’ coverage of a football club & especially of one that is in essence just starting out.

Yeah, I've watched the first two of the three episodes as they are on catch up, a good watch...

4 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Didn't realise there was a new series out of this. Really enjoyed the first 2 on BBC so I'll have to try and find somewhere online to watch the new ones.

I hope more clubs start doing behind the scenes type series or videos

Man City have got one coming out on Amazon Prime Video next season. Been in the news that Utd rejected their request to have cameras at the game yesterday.

4 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Man City have got one coming out on Amazon Prime Video next season. Been in the news that Utd rejected their request to have cameras at the game yesterday.

Good decision by Utd as it turned out. No point giving them the chance to gloat. Says a lot about Man U's respect for Man C as well; privately and grudgingly I would imagine.

16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good decision by Utd as it turned out. No point giving them the chance to gloat. Says a lot about Man U's respect for Man C as well; privately and grudgingly I would imagine.

They might have caught Jose crying over spilt milk...

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Yeah, I've watched the first two of the three episodes as they are on catch up, a good watch...

After posting I wasn’t sure if it was a repeat series as I’ve not long had Sky Sports back on, so it’s possible that it’s been on before but I hadn’t seen it before & I hadn’t seen anyone discussing it on here either.

I've kept any eye on their results since the original progs on the Beeb a year or two ago. Turning pro has certainly done the them no harm, has it. Also had lots of improvements made at the ground to help increase revenue and set up an academy as well I think. They're certainly building a decent infrastructure as well; not just concentrating on the First XI. 

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I've kept any eye on their results since the original progs on the Beeb a year or two ago. Turning pro has certainly done the them no harm, has it. Also had lots of improvements made at the ground to help increase revenue and set up an academy as well I think. They're certainly building a decent infrastructure as well; not just concentrating on the First XI. 

Yeah, this first one in this episode showed Neville & Giggs having to go some planning hearing with regards to going full-time & needing to expand the stadium etc, some old local woman turned up with a black bin bag as a present for Neville, it had some of the litter that had been dumped in the surrounding streets after their game the night before. She was trying to make the point of the extra rubbish that they would have to deal with etc!

They (the class of 92) certainly seem to be going about things properly but then I guess they’d look a bit stupid if they didn’t try to get the whole infrastructure in place considering where they all came from at Utd & how even a club of Utd’s size can benefit from a decent academy.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Yeah, this first one in this episode showed Neville & Giggs having to go some planning hearing with regards to going full-time & needing to expand the stadium etc, some old local woman turned up with a black bin bag as a present for Neville, it had some of the litter that had been dumped in the surrounding streets after their game the night before. She was trying to make the point of the extra rubbish that they would have to deal with etc!

They (the class of 92) certainly seem to be going about things properly but then I guess they’d look a bit stupid if they didn’t try to get the whole infrastructure in place considering where they all came from at Utd & how even a club of Utd’s size can benefit from a decent academy.

Seems to be Gary Neville with all the Drive , ideas , and work with Giggs , Scholes and Butt having the odd thing to add in meetings !!!!

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems to be Gary Neville with all the Drive , ideas , and work with Giggs , Scholes and Butt having the odd thing to add in meetings !!!!

Yeah & now they have Chris Casper with them as sporting director, so another one of the class of 92 (or there abouts).

I guess Neville has the most experience, having been in charge at Valencia for two weeks.....

13 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Yeah & now they have Chris Casper with them as sporting director, so another one of the class of 92 (or there abouts).

I guess Neville has the most experience, having been in charge at Valencia for two weeks.....

Peter Lim who owns 80 plus % of  Valencia, also has a 50% share in Salford City, that’s where the money comes from!

Archived