IGNORED

SL - Splashing the Cash?

AshtonPark

26 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Alright, but apart from the ground redevelopment, the improvement in training facilities, the investment in the playing staff, the backing of manager who many people wanted fired, and the food vouchers, what has Steve Lansdown ever done for us?

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.cdcaa9b1459947e8b41207ca8440e893.jpg

He gave us all a Tiny Penis

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be nice if they had quoted the amount of money being invested in this project. Even if to only rub the Sags noses in it and make Wally feel as inadequate as he must do every time he’s not getting the time from his wrist watch. 

It’s a very expensive watch, don’t you know..! 

Omega or Rolex..or Patek...??

Would imagine the Patek would overstretch 'ees pocket !!

21 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Thanks Rich

I'd love to know if he's earmarked a sizeable chunk of that cash to cover planned further facility improvements.  If so, what could possibly be in the pipeline (that's a hell of a lot of dough to have stuffed under the bed)

A man of his calibre buys the kids quality Christmas presents!

8 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Am I right in saying that SL recently sold shares worth around £190m (or did I dream it)?

yep and a fair chunk of that if not all of it will be spent on a new training ground at filton, a new training ground at Ashton Vale and a indoor arena outside ashton gate, doubt any of that money will be spent on players, 

we'll spend whatever Lee's budget is left from the summer

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yep and a fair chunk of that if not all of it will be spent on a new training ground at filton, a new training ground at Ashton Vale and a indoor arena outside ashton gate, doubt any of that money will be spent on players, 

we'll spend whatever Lee's budget is left from the summer

A new training ground at Filton?

11 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

I'd love to know if he's earmarked a sizeable chunk of that cash to cover planned further facility improvements.  If so, what could possibly be in the pipeline (that's a hell of a lot of dough to have stuffed under the bed)

Hot air in the hand dryers in the South Stand 

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

A few people have been mentioning FFP rules of late, presumably as we approach the January window.

Next month can this rule come into play at all for City?

It's calculated over 3 seasons as far as I'm aware, so bearing the Kodjia transfer in mind, I wouldn't have thought so.

On 12/12/2017 at 09:57, AshtonPark said:

Thats exactly what i was trying to say, the past 2 or so seasons, prior to the previous 18 etc have seen a dramatic shift in how SL is going about things.

Is that totally true though? If you look at the income from Kodjia and bolasie, plus the growth in revenue now the ground is finished, maybe the extra put in by SL is similar to before.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's calculated over 3 seasons as far as I'm aware, so bearing the Kodjia transfer in mind, I wouldn't have thought so.

Isn’t it the wages budget that has to fall into the FFP and % of clubs turnover?

i think transfer fees and signing on fees aren’t included and that’s how clubs get around this rule hence a few seasons ago we could bid £8m for players with no restrictions of FFP?

20 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Thanks Rich

It's in his mattress!

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Do we take the Bolasie 'sell on' cash and the Adomah ' sell on' into account as well? Take them all off (Kodjia, Bolasie, Adomah) plus a few smaller ones, we must be pretty close to breaking even on transfers I would have thought? :dunno:

18 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Isn’t it the wages budget that has to fall into the FFP and % of clubs turnover?

i think transfer fees and signing on fees aren’t included and that’s how clubs get around this rule hence a few seasons ago we could bid £8m for players with no restrictions of FFP?

The wages thing you are talking about is SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocol) which applies in L1 & L2. 

FFP in the Championship is based around permitted losses (excluding some expenditure such as on youth development).

All the details: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

57 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The wages thing you are talking about is SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocol) which applies in L1 & L2. 

FFP in the Championship is based around permitted losses (excluding some expenditure such as on youth development).

All the details: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Thanks mate, always good to know how it works in reality

Archived