IGNORED

Sound of the city

steviestevieneville

Just now, BRIAN WILSON said:

CHSW certainly do superb work, very touching show

Will listen on catch-up later.

Joe, me, Mrs Fevs and mini-Mrs Fevs will be at the CHSW visit tomorrow.  It is a fantastic place, and I can’t thank the club enough for making it their chosen charity again this year.  

I got interviewed last year, bloody nerve-wracking experience, and worse watching it back.

Hey Davefevs, have a great day (and keep away from the cameras :blink:).

I am very aware of the super work that is done at Charlton Farm, and indeed BCFC's input (however I never share stories).

My daughter (Harriet) is on the 'bank' nursing staff and absolutely loves working there.

Also glad to see that CHSW now has a Charity Shop in Yate shopping centre (plug very much intended)

I listened to Monday nights show on the iPlayer this afternoon. I can honestly say it made me proud to be a Bristol City fan and I have huge respect for the guys who were on the show tonight. 

The team are fully committed to the Children’s Hospice and get personally involved. Joe Bryan and Frank Fielding are frequent visitors. Dean Holden sadly lost a daughter a few years back and has used his experience of bereavement to help other parents. 

This group of players and staff are a special bunch and it’s good to see the humanity and care which isn’t publicity stunts or tick box excersises. 

Well worth a listen . 

And I’ve contacted CHSW for a collection box on the strength of listening to the programme . 

Was a lovely afternoon at CHSW today.

Virtually all staff and players were there.  Exceptions were a few injured players and Steve Allen...perhaps they were still having treatment, or finishing off Xmas Lunch leftovers!!

They are a credit to the club. You forget how young some of them are, but they make a real effort with the kids and their families.

Doug Harman (and family) was also there, must’ve been tough for them.  So was Marina Dolman MBE, she is a remarkable lady.  Very excited to have met William when getting her MBE.

27 minutes ago, redapple said:

I listened to Monday nights show on the iPlayer this afternoon. I can honestly say it made me proud to be a Bristol City fan and I have huge respect for the guys who were on the show tonight. 

The team are fully committed to the Children’s Hospice and get personally involved. Joe Bryan and Frank Fielding are frequent visitors. Dean Holden sadly lost a daughter a few years back and has used his experience of bereavement to help other parents. 

This group of players and staff are a special bunch and it’s good to see the humanity and care which isn’t publicity stunts or tick box excersises. 

Well worth a listen . 

And I’ve contacted CHSW for a collection box on the strength of listening to the programme . 

Absolutely and to me the whole culture of the club has flourished recently. This helps on the pitch of course but beyond that I want to be proud of the club as an entity and of the people who represent it.

That has by no means always been the case but very much is now. Thanks to all concerned and of course to CHSW.

I listened this afternoon too.  I would urge anyone that hasn't heard it to have a listen.

What a thoroughly decent human being Dean Holden is.  I was really impressed with how he has dealt with the loss of his daughter, recognised the danger such a loss can have on a family, and was brave and open enough to try to find different ways of coping and dealing with it as a family.  He even mentioned he meditates twice a day, which is something I wouldn't expect an ex-pro to do, nevermind openly admit.

A loss like that could make a lesser man bitter, and unless we go through something similar who knows how we would cope.  But his honest, down to earth manner, willingness to seek unconventional solutions and his compassion for others must only help him as a coach enormously as well as making him all round top human being.

I hope he has a long association with our club. 

14 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I listened this afternoon too.  I would urge anyone that hasn't heard it to have a listen.

What a thoroughly decent human being Dean Holden is.  I was really impressed with how he has dealt with the loss of his daughter, recognised the danger such a loss can have on a family, and was brave and open enough to try to find different ways of coping and dealing with it as a family.  He even mentioned he meditates twice a day, which is something I wouldn't expect an ex-pro to do, nevermind openly admit.

A loss like that could make a lesser man bitter, and unless we go through something similar who knows how we would cope.  But his honest, down to earth manner, willingness to seek unconvential solutions and compassion for others must only help him as a coach enormously as well as making him all round top human being.

I hope he has a long association with our club. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

Archived