IGNORED

Korey - Good news

BobBobSuperBob

33 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I would rest him for forest and Man Utd to be honest...pack and brownhill in centre mid for those ganes

With Villa and Wolves coming up, we really need points for this game. I’d start him Saturday, only if 100% of course. 

If he’s okay then he starts.

Off the ball and when challenging he  is always good. On the ball he is patchy. When he does get it right it often leads to goals. When he gets it wrong it can also lead to goals. That's the player, high risk. Likes to play a couple of touches before he off loads. Looks great when it works. Can be problematic when it doesn't. That's why I like pack playing with him. Extra insurance. 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

With Villa and Wolves coming up, we really need points for this game. I’d start him Saturday, only if 100% of course. 

If he’s okay then he starts.

Completely agree.

3 points on Saturday is all that matters right now.

The game against the second team in Manchester is a total free hit - will enjoy the night but nowhere near as important as the league.

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

My thoughts exactly.  Reverse psychology and cat and mouse.

I'm willing to bet that Smith will not play on Saturday, and I'd be surprised if he makes the Manchester game.

Funny how people see it differently.

It was a bad tackle, but imo, we've been playing smoke and mirrors ever since. I even thought so on the night.

I'd love to see a picture of these stitches.

My guess is he'll be fit and playing next game.

The boot after the Sheffield game...really...for a gash?

Happy to be proven wrong...but imo, we've become quite 'clever; under LJ.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

It was a bad tackle, but imo, we've been playing smoke and mirrors ever since. I even thought so on the night.

So Korey being in one of those boots was the clubs idea to play smoke and mirrors? I think its a case of a bad impact injury (hence needing help off) and lasting a few days, will he play the next game maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back to 100% for the Manchester game.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

So Korey being in one of those boots was the clubs idea to play smoke and mirrors? I think its a case of a bad impact injury (hence needing help off) and lasting a few days, will he play the next game maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back to 100% for the Manchester game.

I would assume a big gash on his ankle/shin wouldve meant the club being unsure over a break or certainly bone bruising hence the boot. 

If nothing else, just to get him off his two match ban from the F.A for successfully deceiving the referee.......:grr:

in other news, has the fool that is Chris Wilder appealed the red card yet?!

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that mate...I honestly believe he hasn't had stitches. Like I said...happy to be proven wrong, but that's how I see it ;-)

Hopefully I'm right, as on Friday he was having his best game in a long time...long may it continue.

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

Let's see on Saturday.  As others have said, with the bruising they weren't to know if it was a break or just impact bruising.  The boot was a precaution.

I agree that LJ is quite clever.  That's why Holden has just come out and said that Korey is fit for Forest... :thumbsup:

I would start him on the bench, and see how we do.

If the injury was so bad he left the ground on crutches then I think LJ will give him time to recover.  Korey is too important to be missing a large chunk of the rest of the season because we rushed him back.

We should be able to take Forest without him

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic, but will be sore.  Will he want to go in for the tough tackles?

I am sure it will be strapped appropriately for protection; nothing worse than being undoubtedly sore and then pulling out of tackles. No good for him, no good for the team. Look for one slightly bulging lower leg on Korey's body this Saturday; I am sure he will play some part if not 90 minutes. 

If we control midfield we will beat Forest.

Going by Steve Allen's video, Gaz O'Neil is about 4 - 8 weeks away, Hegeler is 4 weeks away, Fam is 6 - 8 weeks away, Pisano is 8 - 12 weeks and Lucic is "a few weeks". This was obviously before COD was injured.

So I reckon in the new year, we'll have Lucic, Gaz and Heggy back at least...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

They did say straight after the game, as in minutes after that his leg was gashed. Watching on tv I feared worse like everyone, I expected to hear bruising etc mentioned but they did say gash and nothing else. Then Korey put the photo of the boot. It did look a horrific injury at the time but he was able to sit on the bench and not be rushed off for treatment. So quite confusing really.

I had 8 stiches in a wound recently.

Circumstances meant they had to come out after 10 days.

Too early, the wound bled and increased the possibility of infection. It was sore, and I knew not properly healed.  I was very carefull in protecting it, but even with bandaging, it still hurt when knocked, and bled till completely healed over. But the skin still felt paper thin for a while after it had closed.

If Korey has had stiches, he won't want any opposition players going near it.....but they will!!!

As long as we have enough cover for that position leave him out to heal properly is my opinion.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Going by Steve Allen's video, Gaz O'Neil is about 4 - 8 weeks away, Hegeler is 4 weeks away, Fam is 6 - 8 weeks away, Pisano is 8 - 12 weeks and Lucic is "a few weeks". This was obviously before COD was injured.

What dates are you basing that on? Diedhiou was injured v Palace on 24 Oct which was 7 weeks ago. Surely he should be back this month. 

17 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I had 8 stiches in a wound recently.

Circumstances meant they had to come out after 10 days.

Too early, the wound bled and increased the possibility of infection. It was sore, and I knew not properly healed.  I was very carefull in protecting it, but even with bandaging, it still hurt when knocked, and bled till completely healed over. But the skin still felt paper thin for a while after it had closed.

If Korey has had stiches, he won't want any opposition players going near it.....but they will!!!

As long as we have enough cover for that position leave him out to heal properly is my opinion.

I've been in that position also, imo it would be a big mistake to rush Korey back.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

56 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

What dates are you basing that on? Diedhiou was injured v Palace on 24 Oct which was 7 weeks ago. Surely he should be back this month. 

The article is from the 8th of November. So Famara should be back soon. I have a sneaky feeling he could make the bench against Man U. Always thought he would push hard to make it back for that. Not an awful injury really as it was just the one ligament he damaged. Though it could be more likely he is back after the Watford FA Cup match as there is a bit of a break around that fixture. 

The rest with their ages I would expect not until February at the earliest. Pisano’s sounded quite bad

3 hours ago, bpexile said:

I've been in that position also, imo it would be a big mistake to rush Korey back.

People also recently posted on this forum the story about Santi Cazorla and how serious the situation became  when his operation wound would not heal because it became infected. I am sure our medical team 100% know what they are doing - but Cazorla's case shows even with the best support this sort of thing can and does happen.  I am also sure our doctors and physios are well aware of this sort of thing and the risks of rushing him back even if the player himself and manager would be keen for him to play. 

I think every city fan would rather see Korey miss just a few games now to ensure he is 100% fit for the remainder of the season, than to have some setback and miss him for a few months. 

Archived