IGNORED

Korey - Good news

BobBobSuperBob

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

What dates are you basing that on? Diedhiou was injured v Palace on 24 Oct which was 7 weeks ago. Surely he should be back this month. 

he is back, he's resting in France, he's about a month or two away from being fully match fit

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw him today.  Said he couldn’t put any weight on it on Saturday, but recovering nicely.  Never like to ask whether they’re fit for a game or not as it puts them in an awkward position...but he’s fine.  

Somehow I've run out of "likes" etc today (how many are you allowed FFS!) but this sounds positive. Loves our Korey mind. 

8 hours ago, cityal said:

People also recently posted on this forum the story about Santi Cazorla and how serious the situation became  when his operation wound would not heal because it became infected. I am sure our medical team 100% know what they are doing - but Cazorla's case shows even with the best support this sort of thing can and does happen.  I am also sure our doctors and physios are well aware of this sort of thing and the risks of rushing him back even if the player himself and manager would be keen for him to play. 

I think every city fan would rather see Korey miss just a few games now to ensure he is 100% fit for the remainder of the season, than to have some setback and miss him for a few months. 

The reason I mentioned that I had been in that position is because I've just recently had to have skin grafts to my ankle in an effort to fix wounds that wouldn't heal due to infection & my initial wound wasn't an impact gash as Korey has had. My advise is be patient & get it right first time.

25 minutes ago, bpexile said:

The reason I mentioned that I had been in that position is because I've just recently had to have skin grafts to my ankle in an effort to fix wounds that wouldn't heal due to infection & my initial wound wasn't an impact gash as Korey has had. My advise is be patient & get it right first time.

Hope you are on the road to recovery now - Given your location maybe feet up and few cold ones?

6 minutes ago, cityal said:

Hope you are on the road to recovery now - Given your location maybe feet up and few cold ones?

Thankyou, yes the skin grafts have been successful, a cold one will be required today as the temp will be close 40', that's too hot for me but good for a cold one. Merry Xmas to you & All the Very Best for 2018, COYR's. 

On Korey, as siad earlier, if he's fit, stick him on the bench v Forest and only use him if we have to. The Man U game I don't really give a monkeys ensuring he's ready for battle after that.

Didn't the club say recently that Fammy COULD be back by Xmas? I'm not sure if that's 'match fit' back or 'training' back though. TBH, I reckon we've missed him and with Milan going under the knife on Dec 18th, Fammy's return can't happen quickly enough for me. Once again, ease him back in as and when needed and we'll soon be looking seriously strong again. One thing though, it's gonna be a lot colder when he's back than it was when he was injured, snood and gloves? ;)

14 hours ago, mattjtsmith said:

He posted a video on Instagram on the bikes in the gym today. Very good signs :fingerscrossed: Just getting up to match fitness now I'd think. Ready for the new year?

Boxing Day I reckon. I can`t see we`d have booked Milan`s op for the 18th if we weren`t hopeful of that and we can go one up top away v QPR.

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Boxing Day I reckon. I can`t see we`d have booked Milan`s op for the 18th if we weren`t hopeful of that and we can go one up top away v QPR.

Nope

LJ: “We would hope Famara would be back for the third game in January, all being well.

On 12/12/2017 at 09:57, JoeAman08 said:

The article is from the 8th of November. So Famara should be back soon. I have a sneaky feeling he could make the bench against Man U. Always thought he would push hard to make it back for that. Not an awful injury really as it was just the one ligament he damaged. Though it could be more likely he is back after the Watford FA Cup match as there is a bit of a break around that fixture. 

The rest with their ages I would expect not until February at the earliest. Pisano’s sounded quite bad

Diedhiou's injury was more than that, he injured 2 ligaments and at least one other thing.

Was stated to be about 10-12 weeks at the start of November and he was 2 weeks in, so doubt he will play again this year, worst case not until February.

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:Diedhiou's injury was more than that, he injured 2 ligaments and at least one other thing.

Was stated to be about 10-12 weeks at the start of November and he was 2 weeks in, so doubt he will play again this year, worst case not until February.

Yea you are right. Could have sworn it was 6-8 weeks. Still think it will be closer to the 10 than 12 with his age. I have seen worse injuries though with very quick returns. I would not be surprised to see him back in the next couple of weeks. 

Also when you look up a grade 2 mcl injury you will see recovery times of between 8-12 weeks so the start of week 8 is next Wednesday. He will have some of the best looking after him. Maybe I am just hopeful. We do miss him and you can really see the effect it has had on Bobby. 

Archived