Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BobBobSuperBob

Korey - Good news

Recommended Posts

Should send a few munters on their forum over the edge

:laughcont:

Clear evidence that Korey was feigning injury

Albeit , it was an open wound

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news!

We are very short of numbers but having him available for selection would be a huge boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic, but will be sore.  Will he want to go in for the tough tackles?

Didn’t stop him playing 1/2 a season with a knackered ankle in 15/16 season.  Warrior.

I’ll try and keep Joe and his wheelchair away from him tomorrow!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news, but not sure I'd risk him on Saturday. We have a couple of extra options in Leko and Woodrow for league fixtures, so I'd give Korey an extra few days until Manchester. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. This is massive. Korey is our best player. 

A poor game for Korey means a poor game for Bristol City. 

I wish a good game for Korey meant a good game for City, but that’s not so guaranteed!

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sod the manc game , forest is much bigger imo 

I agree but I wouldn't want to rush him back and he gets another whack that could potentially keep him out for longer.

He'll probably have to play v Manchester as we have a couple of less options is all I'm saying. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. This is massive. Korey is our best player. 

A poor game for Korey means a poor game for Bristol City. 

I wish a good game for Korey meant a good game for City, but that’s not so guaranteed!

Wowza, would possibly just creep into my top 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Wowza, would possibly just creep into my top 5. 

Been more and more influential as Pack’s form has levelled out over past 8-10 games.  For me, Joe, Reid, Pato, Flint and Korey’s Form have been key, without disrespecting contribution of others like Baker, Diedhiou, Wright, Frank, Josh etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let`s just keep Forest guessing until the last minute. They`ll set up a bit differently if they think he`s playing.

It may be that we know now that he won`t be ready but are just doing the old smoke and mirrors which to be fair we have got bloody good at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been more and more influential as Pack’s form has levelled out over past 8-10 games.  For me, Joe, Reid, Pato, Flint and Korey’s Form have been key, without disrespecting contribution of others like Baker, Diedhiou, Wright, Frank, Josh etc.

I'd add COD in the games leading up to his injury :thumbsup:

Was only thinking , before the good news re Koreys injuries - a lot of our injuries have occurred to players who were , at the time of the injury , just finding their feet and their best 

Eros

Fammy

COD

Thought Korey was simply outstanding Friday night before the injury and it looked like a player just getting to his best was going to suffer the 'curse'

Good news ....... it's a sign I tell thee..... ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dean Holden just confirmed to GT that Korey has large gash to his shin , been stitched 

But

’Should be ok for Saturday’

Great news eh :thumbsup:

Made my day/week. Turned the radio off at 7.30 so missed the footy chat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I would rest him for forest and Man Utd to be honest...pack and brownhill in centre mid for those ganes

Totally agree. Can get away with it v Florist and Man Utd doesnt matter. save/rest him. Crucial to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Let`s just keep Forest guessing until the last minute. They`ll set up a bit differently if they think he`s playing.

It may be that we know now that he won`t be ready but are just doing the old smoke and mirrors which to be fair we have got bloody good at.

My thoughts exactly.  Reverse psychology and cat and mouse.

I'm willing to bet that Smith will not play on Saturday, and I'd be surprised if he makes the Manchester game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I would rest him for forest and Man Utd to be honest...pack and brownhill in centre mid for those ganes

With Villa and Wolves coming up, we really need points for this game. I’d start him Saturday, only if 100% of course. 

If he’s okay then he starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the ball and when challenging he  is always good. On the ball he is patchy. When he does get it right it often leads to goals. When he gets it wrong it can also lead to goals. That's the player, high risk. Likes to play a couple of touches before he off loads. Looks great when it works. Can be problematic when it doesn't. That's why I like pack playing with him. Extra insurance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

With Villa and Wolves coming up, we really need points for this game. I’d start him Saturday, only if 100% of course. 

If he’s okay then he starts.

Completely agree.

3 points on Saturday is all that matters right now.

The game against the second team in Manchester is a total free hit - will enjoy the night but nowhere near as important as the league.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Excellent news, but not sure I'd risk him on Saturday. We have a couple of extra options in Leko and Woodrow for league fixtures, so I'd give Korey an extra few days until Manchester. 

you and me on same waveleghth:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Nah, its December not November. 

As I have lived in Swindon since 1997 I am interested in this comment, but don’t understand it!!!! 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

A quote from Korey earlier.

"'Tis but a scratch"

 

As long as it doesn't end with him losing both arms and legs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chivs said:

My thoughts exactly.  Reverse psychology and cat and mouse.

I'm willing to bet that Smith will not play on Saturday, and I'd be surprised if he makes the Manchester game.

Funny how people see it differently.

It was a bad tackle, but imo, we've been playing smoke and mirrors ever since. I even thought so on the night.

I'd love to see a picture of these stitches.

My guess is he'll be fit and playing next game.

The boot after the Sheffield game...really...for a gash?

Happy to be proven wrong...but imo, we've become quite 'clever; under LJ.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funny how people see it differently.

It was a bad tackle, but imo, we've been playing smoke and mirrors ever since. I even thought so on the night.

I'd love to see a picture of these stitches.

My guess is he'll be fit and playing next game.

The boot after the Sheffield game...really...for a gash?

Happy to be proven wrong...but imo, we've become quite 'clever; under LJ.

 

So Korey being in one of those boots was the clubs idea to play smoke and mirrors? I think its a case of a bad impact injury (hence needing help off) and lasting a few days, will he play the next game maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back to 100% for the Manchester game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

So Korey being in one of those boots was the clubs idea to play smoke and mirrors? I think its a case of a bad impact injury (hence needing help off) and lasting a few days, will he play the next game maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back to 100% for the Manchester game.

I would assume a big gash on his ankle/shin wouldve meant the club being unsure over a break or certainly bone bruising hence the boot. 

If nothing else, just to get him off his two match ban from the F.A for successfully deceiving the referee.......:grr:

in other news, has the fool that is Chris Wilder appealed the red card yet?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

So Korey being in one of those boots was the clubs idea to play smoke and mirrors? I think its a case of a bad impact injury (hence needing help off) and lasting a few days, will he play the next game maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back to 100% for the Manchester game.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that mate...I honestly believe he hasn't had stitches. Like I said...happy to be proven wrong, but that's how I see it ;-)

Hopefully I'm right, as on Friday he was having his best game in a long time...long may it continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news. Was fearing it would be a lot worse. Hope the staff don't rush him back too soon and aggravate the injury and recovery time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funny how people see it differently.

It was a bad tackle, but imo, we've been playing smoke and mirrors ever since. I even thought so on the night.

I'd love to see a picture of these stitches.

My guess is he'll be fit and playing next game.

The boot after the Sheffield game...really...for a gash?

Happy to be proven wrong...but imo, we've become quite 'clever; under LJ.

 

Let's see on Saturday.  As others have said, with the bruising they weren't to know if it was a break or just impact bruising.  The boot was a precaution.

I agree that LJ is quite clever.  That's why Holden has just come out and said that Korey is fit for Forest... :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Fantastic news. Does anyone know who is the closest player to returning from our long term injury list?

Lukic I suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would start him on the bench, and see how we do.

If the injury was so bad he left the ground on crutches then I think LJ will give him time to recover.  Korey is too important to be missing a large chunk of the rest of the season because we rushed him back.

We should be able to take Forest without him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. This is massive. Korey is our best player. 

A poor game for Korey means a poor game for Bristol City. 

I wish a good game for Korey meant a good game for City, but that’s not so guaranteed!

correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic, but will be sore.  Will he want to go in for the tough tackles?

I am sure it will be strapped appropriately for protection; nothing worse than being undoubtedly sore and then pulling out of tackles. No good for him, no good for the team. Look for one slightly bulging lower leg on Korey's body this Saturday; I am sure he will play some part if not 90 minutes. 

If we control midfield we will beat Forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×