IGNORED

Reading v Cardiff

Red Army 75

Strange that no one has mentioned it seeing previous comments, so here goes.

Bench warming, pie and cheeseburger eating (nothing wrong with that, love 'em myself) fat boy comes on, and again turns the game around.

He did score the equaliser as well didn't he? It's OK knocking a player but maybe some should also give credit where it's due.

He's an ex-player of ours and although gifted I do think we are better off without him this season.

But come on ladies, if you are going to give it out, you also have to accept when you've got it wrong.

Maybe best to stop the Tomlin 'hate in' eh? He's just another ex-City player after all.

2 minutes ago, freezer said:

Strange that no one has mentioned it seeing previous comments, so here goes.

Bench warming, pie and cheeseburger eating (nothing wrong with that, love 'email myself) fat boy comes on, and again turns the game around.

He did score the equaliseras well didn't he? It's OK knocking a player but maybe some should also give credit where it's due.

He's an ex-player of ours and although gifted I do think we are better off without him this season.

But come on ladies, if you are going to give it out, you also have to accept when you've got it wrong.

Maybe best to stop the Tomlin 'hate in' eh? He's just another ex-City player after all.

That was his first goal since moving, yes he scored the equaliser but he wasn't exactly exceptional when he came on and for his goal he almost screwed that up too in off the crossbar from about 8 yards. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

That was his first goal since moving, yes he scored the equaliser but he wasn't exactly exceptional when he came on and for his goal he almost screwed that up too in off the crossbar from about 8 yards. 

The goal and result stands though doesn't it. 

So he came on at 2 nil down, was shite, his team scored two, he luckily got one goal to equalise, all in 11 mins. 

Shocking display.

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

The goal and result stands though doesn't it. 

So he came on at 2 nil down, was shite, his team scored two, he luckily got one goal to equalise, all in 11 mins. 

Shocking display.

I didn't say he was shite, I just said he wasn't exceptional, until his goal he had an average game. In a way he was lucky how the goal fell to him, it came back to him (off the crossbar?) at 8 yards from goal, you'd back people to score it 9/10 times. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

I didn't say he was shite, I just said he wasn't exceptional, until his goal he had an average game. In a way he was lucky how the goal fell to him, it came back to him (off the crossbar?) at 8 yards from goal, you'd back people to score it 9/10 times. 

And he did score it though. In 11 mins the stats show for an unexceptional performance he turned the game.

Nuff said babber.

Up The City. That's Bristol by the way!

26 minutes ago, freezer said:

And he did score it though. In 11 mins the stats show for an unexceptional performance he turned the game.

Nuff said babber.

Up The City. That's Bristol by the way!

He didn't turn the game though -  apart from the ball happening to fall at his feet for the goal..

He barely touched the ball and fell over twice after coming on...

Put a decent free kick in and that was about it

9 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

He didn't turn the game though -  apart from the ball happening to fall at his feet for the goal..

He barely touched the ball and fell over twice after coming on...

Put a decent free kick in and that was about it

Going around in circles here a bit. He scored the equaliser, fact.

His team was 2 nil down when he came on, fact.

OK,  even if he wasn't very good in the 11 mins he was on, he scored one, and his team got a draw from certain defeat. 

That is true. 

ps You still have to put the ball away, no matter where it is or falls. Guess the guy can do no right.

I wish I had been wrong but I did say it had the feeling about the draw.

Shoulda stuck a tenner on tbh.

Of all the games, given Millwall will take points off teams and Preston a bogey side for us in recent times, by far the most frustrating, the most costly was the Burton draw- especially as a win would have lifted us to 2nd.

20 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Crap game in my opinion, but not bad result for us. Holds back Cardiff and stops Reading climbing the table. 

Respect to the Cardiff fans though singing 

Lee Tomlin is a fool, is a fool, is a fool, Lee Tomlin is a fool, he left Bristol. ;) 

How on earth was that a crap game? Deary me.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Don’t let your dislike blind the truth - he played a delightful dinked 15 yard pass right on Bamba’s head that he hit the bar from and followed it up by being in the position to take the deflection on the half volley - yes it was not clean strike and was shinned a bit but it was bouncing up on him and lots of bodies around.

I thought it was a cracking 10 seconds of play by him which is all it takes sometimes to grab the headlines.

edit - memory jog - 

http://www.skysports.com/share/11166888

8 hours ago, Nibor said:

Good result that, actually reckon it's better than a Reading win as they looked like they could become a decent team with a bit of confidence.  Luckily Cardiff look devoid of any actual ability, they won't stay in the top 6.

They certainly aren't great but they are 11 points clear of 7th place.

It would take a big fall off in form, or very good consistency from 6 other teams to oust them from the top 6.

Personally I'd be amazed if they don't finish in the top 6, even if I agree with you that they're not particularly good.

Archived