IGNORED

Who do you think is our most important player?

Fordy62

Who’s our most important player?  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok. So another thread led me to give my opinion on who I think our best (or most important) player is. 

Another poster - who shall remain nameless - scandalously told me that my top pick wouldn’t get in their top 5. Drivel I tell you!

So, I’ve compiled a list of players and used the names that David Pleat would be most likely to call them. 

Who’s your first name on the team sheet?

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok. So another thread led me to give my opinion on who I think our best (or most important) player is. 

Another poster - who shall remain nameless - scandalously told me that my top pick wouldn’t get in their top 5. Drivel I tell you!

So, I’ve compiled a list of players and used the names that David Pleat would be most likely to call them. 

Who’s your first name on the team sheet?

Not sure it's so simple as it changes during different periods dependeant on form , type of games encountered and other selections and injuries all having a bearing

If it helps @Fordy62 at the point he was injured I would have said Korey was rivalling Flint as our most important player at this moment 

If I could keep one player fit and playing at full throttle through the rest of the season Korey would be right up,there and always in my top 5 :thumbsup:

Think we'd miss Bobby Reid , his touches and energy in particular and Flint has massive value as a Icon , let alone his goals and clearances

They are all important!

This is the thing about this team, they all contribute. No big “I ams” exist like Tomlin etc! Proper side who are proud to wear the shirt. Getting quite positive about this season. The only thing that worries me is injuries and January transfer window, as some sides will buy BIG. Potentially come after some of our players?

Will we invest?

Baker, think we look a lot more organised and solid when he's in the side. Flint is excellent but without someone like Baker or Wright with him I feel he suffers from not having an organiser next to him. Then our strength this season has often come from our defence. 

This is so tough. I think we would not be as good without Baker, Korey, and Brownhill. Also, we have looked a side lacking goals without Paterson and we certainly play better football when he is in the side. Also, we don’t look as good when Bobby has a poor game like SU when it was tough for him to get on the ball and hold it up. 

All that said, I am going Josh B because think he is the most complete midfielder we have. When he is in the middle with Korey he can pick a pass, help press, has an eye for goal and a hell of an engine. Bristol City and Josh Brownhill have made similar jumps in the last 15 months and I think it is no coincidence. 

10 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

They are all important!

This is the thing about this team, they all contribute. No big “I ams” exist like Tomlin etc! Proper side who are proud to wear the shirt. Getting quite positive about this season. The only thing that worries me is injuries and January transfer window, as some sides will buy BIG. Potentially come after some of our players?

Will we invest?

There is a slight obsession on here about our team being pillaged in January - why would the club except ANY offers for a player we want to keep?

Why would any player want to leave, UNLESS, an EPL club came in and one that doesn't look like it could be relegated?

IF and it's BIG, if, that were to happen, then fine, couldn't blame the player and we get loads of £.

Anyway that isn't going to happen.

The first team squad will be here come 1st Feb, hopefully with some significant additions.

49 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Flint. Scores loads. Defends for his life. 

If Baker could add Flints goals then i’d choose him.

Flint is half the defender though without Baker which primarily is his job, Baker for me is our most important player.

Baker for me. He is the lynch pin for the back line and for the CB pairing in particular. Baker + Wright good pairing and play well together. Baker + Flint good pairing and they play well together. Flint + Bailey both individually good and will do a job but they don't compliment each other that well + they both like to play the same side of back two so one has to be slightly out of position. Flint has probably been our best player this season but Baker is the most important.

Archived