IGNORED

Warnock- genius or pariah?

bcfcredandwhite

I’ll nail my colours to the mast; I like him. He is passionate and a character - Football is better with him in the game. 

I cant wait for his rants on TV when he loses - and his panto antics. 

Behind the comedy though is a very good championship manager who gets inferior players to believe in themselves. 

Cardiff - looking beyond the local rivalry - fight to the end - that’s why they got a point today, which will feel like 3 given the circumstances - and that’s Warnock for you. 

I think he once said he wanted to manage us (?) I may be wrong. 

Its always special when NW comes to town 

I accept I’m probably in the minority here but I like and respect the guy. 

Cue the flak!!!!!!!

He's a good manager no one can deny that, but he is a drama queen, but he buys into that and uses that to his advantage. But he's the type of manager you hate to manage another club but would love to have him manage your own. His whole career has been successful and at this level he's up there with the best, no one will deny that. 

Genius man-manager. Alex Ferguson level in terms of instilling belief in his players, although obviously a far inferior manager all things considered. But I think you could give him any team in the football league 72 and he would overachieve with them, regardless of budget - how many managers could we really say that for?

3 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Genius man-manager. Alex Ferguson level in terms of instilling belief in his players, although obviously a far inferior manager all things considered. But I think you could give him any team in the football league 72 and he would overachieve with them, regardless of budget - how many managers could we really say that for?

LJ is overachieving with/for us.  Didnt you listen to the sky commentary and pundits on Friday. I think it might be the only thing i heard mentioned more than ‘Sheffield Utd have hit the woodwork 4 times’!! :grr:

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

LJ is overachieving with/for us.  Didnt you listen to the sky commentary and pundits on Friday. I think it might be the only thing i heard mentioned more than ‘Sheffield Utd have hit the woodwork 4 times’!! :grr:

Yeah, for sure he is, in my opinion at least. But I just mean that Warnock's track record of improving sides is second to none at this level.

Warnock knows this division inside out and knows how to get results, doesn't stop him being a Colin. People complain about Mourinho and anti football, if anything I feel Warnock is worse, all his timewasting and getting players to feign injuries and diving make him far worse. 

There is no doubting his credentials at this level. He gets the best out of his players.

Unfortunately it tends to be at the expense of everything else, football Included.

He's very adept at deflecting criticism away from his players and putting pressure on referees.

For us he always trots out the "Steve has given Lee loads of backing as if to say any monkey could run a team with loads of backing.

Or the lovely old patronising chestnut "Well he's got a lot to learn from his father, hasn't he"

It' fair to say I am not a fan

Find out how many days a week Warnock spends with the first team. Not including match day.

Then look into Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepsom and you'll find your answer as to why they work as a team.

Warnock is just a figure head to a team of three. For media purposes these days. Back in the day...another story.

Blackwell and Jepsom do all the work.

Warnock spends more time with his missus during the week lunching.

35 minutes ago, nickolas said:

What do you expect from Sky ?

Its up there with Fox News 

7 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ll nail my colours to the mast; I like him. He is passionate and a character - Football is better with him in the game. 

Behind the comedy though is a very good championship manager who gets inferior players to believe in themselves. 

Cardiff - looking beyond the local rivalry - fight to the end - that’s why they got a point today, which will feel like 3 given the circumstances - and that’s Warnock for you. 

Cue the flak!!!!!!!

I don't deny he gets results.

To me he's like the mate you've got who every time you go out acts like a dick and trys to kick off or something. 

To you and your circle, he's alright and actually a really good bloke once you get to know him. To everyone else who sporadically comes into contact with him, he's just a tool.

57 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don't deny he gets results.

To me he's like the mate you've got who every time you go out acts like a dick and trys to kick off or something. 

To you and your circle, he's alright and actually a really good bloke once you get to know him. To everyone else who sporadically comes into contact with him, he's just a tool.

Great analogy. We've all got a mate like that!

7 hours ago, spudski said:

Find out how many days a week Warnock spends with the first team. Not including match day.

Then look into Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepsom and you'll find your answer as to why they work as a team.

Warnock is just a figure head to a team of three. For media purposes these days. Back in the day...another story.

Would that the same Mrs who almost died last year ?  Cheap shot.

8 hours ago, spudski said:

I believe that his wife is far from in the best of health. If that is the case then I would be doing exactly the same thing.

I am not a fan of his anti-football time wasting and cynical tactics - far from it, nevertheless it is effective and he does appear to create a siege mentality in his teams.

We are almost at Christmas and they are still second with a group of players that have no right , on paper, to be there.

Would I want him here? No, but you cannot take away what he is able to do.

8 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Cue the flak!!!!!!!

No flak from me because I agree with you 100%.  He did once say he would love to manage us because we are a "proper" football club.

8 hours ago, palmerred said:

He's a good manager no one can deny that, but he is a drama queen, but he buys into that and uses that to his advantage. But he's the type of manager you hate to manage another club but would love to have him manage your own. His whole career has been successful and at this level he's up there with the best, no one will deny that. 

Couldn't disagree more. I'd hate to see him manage us and have to watch his anti-football every week.

Appreciate you don't like Neil Warnock Spud , but are you suggesting that his successes at a number of clubs was also down to his various assistants or is his work at Cardiff , where you suggest he spends limited time mere coincidence

Are you seriously suggesting their current success is not down to him , as he's merely a 'figure head' ?

As for his wife , she has , and is , battling breast cancer so I don't blame him for spending time with her if and when he can

All he's capable of is creating a siege mentality and playing an awful niggling fouling time-wasting cheating long ball style. He has no integrity whatsoever and lies through his teeth every time he speaks. He should have been drummed out of the game after the battle of Bramall Lane and would not have been missed. 

Some things are more important than football.

I'd be tempted to have him in the England set-up as a motivational / psychology coach on the one condition condition that he wasn't allowed to influence the style of football.

His record shows he is a great man manager and gets the best out of players.  Yes, he is a bit of a pantomime villain and seems to enjoy the role but I quite like him and he genuinely seems to have a soft spot for us. Obviously that disappears on match days and after a defeat. Football would be more boring without these type of characters.

He's always been a divisive character, something of a marmite man.

Personally I have mixed feelings. I certainly hate the way he sends his team out to feign injury, disrupt play and time waste but some of his post match rants I find very amusing.

No doubt tho that he's a smart cookie. Very experienced knows how to get the most out of his players and as already pointed out I'd have welcomed him to AG with open arms had Lansdown sacked LJ last season during the dismal run of defeats.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Appreciate you don't like Neil Warnock Spud , but are you suggesting that his successes at a number of clubs was also down to his various assistants or is his work at Cardiff , where you suggest he spends limited time mere coincidence

Are you seriously suggesting their current success is not down to him , as he's merely a 'figure head' ?

As for his wife , she has , and is , battling breast cancer so I don't blame him for spending time with her if and when he can

I've got nothing against Warnock as a person BBSB.... I don't like his style of playing football, as I don't think it has long term benefits for any club.

My reference to his abilities as a coach are also not just pointed at his time at Cardiff.

His assistants over the years, not just Cardiff,  have done all the coaching.

It's well known he spends very little time compared to other managers and coaches with the players during the week.

The reference to spending time with his wife, isn't a dig, I know she's been ill...but he's done this for years, way before she wasn't well, so it's not a recent thing.

His 'difference' comes on match day, before and during the game. He is very motivational and intimidating at the same time.

9 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Cue the flak!!!!!!!

I'm a Warnock fan. wanted him here instead of LJ and still stand by that he would have had us top 6 last season. Having said that LJ had surpassed my expectations this season and respect to him for coming back from the brink

Archived