IGNORED

Warnock- genius or pariah?

bcfcredandwhite

On 12/12/2017 at 16:19, Nibor said:

All he's capable of is creating a siege mentality and playing an awful niggling fouling time-wasting cheating long ball style. He has no integrity whatsoever and lies through his teeth every time he speaks. He should have been drummed out of the game after the battle of Bramall Lane and would not have been missed. 

I have come to really enjoy your diatribal (that sounds like a new word) prose. Don't always agree with it, far from it, but usually a valuable contribution. Keep it up squire or you will be missed.

On 12/13/2017 at 03:39, Keyardiv said:

Those stats reflect that we try to get the ball into the opposition third early, often playing higher-risk passes, at pace, to do so.

That's probably why we have one of the lowest possession rates but 2nd highest shots on target per game in the division, currently higher than all of our promotion rivals.

It's been getting us results rather than heart-warming but deceiving stats achieved by less successful teams playing it ponderously sideways and backwards around the half-way line. Many teams just flatter to deceive really and can pass it in fancy triangles but have little cutting edge because it's all too slow and predictable and allows defences to set-up.

Granted it's not pretty when it's not clicking but it suits the players we have and when it comes off is actually great to watch. 

Goal keeper to forward, bang wallop. Indeed effective when it comes off but for a paid fan it must still be extremely hard to swallow even if you are 2nd.

Anyway, I want to see the rest of the Cardiff team sitting inside the centre circle having a sandwich and a cup of tea; only then will my full respect for Colin return.

On 12 December 2017 at 08:19, Nibor said:

All he's capable of is creating a siege mentality and playing an awful niggling fouling time-wasting cheating long ball style. He has no integrity whatsoever and lies through his teeth every time he speaks. He should have been drummed out of the game after the battle of Bramall Lane and would not have been missed. 

Only just read this thread and your views are exactly the same as mine.

Warnock has never changed his methods, simply because they haven't been challenged correctly by the authorities, and the only reason  they work is because of the weakness of match officials to apply the rules of the game, the referee who sent him off is to be applauded and hopefully a touch line ban will follow.

Throughout his career his teams have displayed the same traits that you describe, and the only question I would pose to his supporters is,  what state would the game be in if all teams adopted his tactics and behaviours?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:56, GrahamC said:

It isn't despite these stats, it is because of those stats.

Anti football (and he is a****).

Very astute. If possession was kept ... That is not the point. Possession has to be given away very frequently for the methodology to work.

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

Actually the club with the highest average long balls per game this season is Bristol City. We're 17th.

Cardiff are masters at the long ball to be fair though; you only need about 3 a game whereas everyone else needs more practice!!

I wonder whether BCFC have the highest average short balls per game as well? We do pass the ball a lot. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Lots on here still falling hook line and sinker for his media persona which has been perfected over his 37 years as a manager and brilliantly takes the pressure off his players.....he’d be giggling all night if he read this thread whilst thinking to himself ‘why are those Bristol City fans so gullible?!’

As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely nothing to do with his personality (whether it's a "media persona" or not), it's the awful spoiling 'football' that his teams play.

Archived