IGNORED

Yes another thread about Cotts (Merged)

You Do The Dziekanowski

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

his hands are tied until the transfer window, if anyone can turn it round cotts can given time and a transfer window

No evidence for that at all in this division.

He has struggled in the Championship almost every time.

Now he did have other focuses at Pompey and Forest like cutting their costs, but the consistent thing with Cotterill managing at this level is a team struggling.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No evidence for that at all in this division.

He has struggled in the Championship almost every time.

Now he did have other focuses at Pompey and Forest like cutting their costs, but the consistent thing with Cotterill managing at this level is a team struggling.

apart from burnley and Portsmouth and forest, no

Most new managers take over clubs that are struggling and therefore would be low on confidence, it is the reason they are appointed in the first place.

How many turn it round quickly, not many. It proves that what steve lansdown did (i.e.stick with the long term plan) is probably the best way to resolve

the situation, not pull the trigger 2 or 3 times a season as most of them do.

2 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Most new managers take over clubs that are struggling and therefore would be low on confidence, it is the reason they are appointed in the first place.

How many turn it round quickly, not many. It proves that what steve lansdown did (i.e.stick with the long term plan) is probably the best way to resolve

the situation, not pull the trigger 2 or 3 times a season as most of them do.

prime example is hull, what is it now? 7 managers in 18 months? 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Does anyone really care? 

Apart from you that is....

Great reply from the master.....yeah, I care, and "apart from me", I'm sure there's many others. I just chose to post. What's the issue with GJ and your under garments then ??:yes: 

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Does anyone really care? 

Apart from you that is....

I care. He gave us an unbelievably successful season and I felt more connected to him as a manager than I have to the years of dross that preceded him. I want him to do well.

When a player or a manager leave City then that's it as far as I'm concerned. They're no longer involved so hold no interest for me.

im surprised that more posters don't have the same view.

The probable exception would be Joe Bryan. If/when he moves on I will follow how he's doing at wherever he might be simply because he's Bristolian.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When a player or a manager leave City then that's it as far as I'm concerned. They're no longer involved so hold no interest for me.

The probable exception would be Joe Bryan. If/when he moves on I will follow how he's doing at wherever he might be simply because he's Bristolian.

You sure?

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do you care about John Atyeo?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Do you care about John Atyeo?

What kind of question is that?

Atyeo finished his career the same year I first watched City -1967. I have no recollection of him as a player although he probably played in my first game against Oxford.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

What kind of question is that?

Atyeo finished his career the same year I first watched City -1967. I have no recollection of him as a player although he probably played in my first game against Oxford.

You said you have no interest in a player when he stops playing for Bristol City, it follows then that you'd have no interest in John Atyeo, given he doesn't currently play for City. How about Gerry Gow, Tainton and the rest of the promotion side? 

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m pleased in which case that has been proven you take a keen interest in Bristolian Marcus Stewart’s current club, so I admire your consistency...

Archived