IGNORED

Ref Vs Utd is Mike Dean (Merged - many times)

GrahamC

38 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chosen to ref the Manchester game, can someone remind me @Olé was he the ref who gave that penalty against us against Brum in the relegation season under Benny?

Loves a controversial decision, doesn't he?

Yep, he was. Ndlovu dive. Also seem to remember Akinbiyi having a goal dubiously ruled out in that game.

Gave Man U too much protection.

Fell for every one of Pogba's dives but didn't fall for Rashford's or Martial's quite so much.  Was it the size of Pogba?  Who knows.

Played what looked like a ridiculous advantage in the first half that started with ManU in their own penalty box and went on forever before being called back for a free kick for inexplicable reasons when they lost possession near the half way line.  It wasn't clear what the offence was, why there was an advantage to Man U in their own box or why they got effectively a free pass to try something very risky.  (I did wonder if this was some sort of delayed offside but it couldn't have been the same phase of play).

Got the free kick decision for the equaliser wrong.

Moaned at Bobby Reid for blocking quick goal kicks from hands - not aware that is against the rules as the ball is in play.  Didn't really see why he disallowed the goal either (as in, I was looking in the wrong direction) but I hope it wasn't for the same reason.

Ultimately I thought he was pretty weak but not as shocking as two or three we've had this season.

Archived