IGNORED

Stoke fans vent anger at players at stoke rail station

Never to the dark side

I read how one Italian club lost their local derby 5-0 at home. Fans turned up at the training ground on Monday and beat up their players. Afterwards one fan demanded film of the attack be shown to all new signings so they know how much that derby means to the fans.

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

horrible club horrible fans ....they lost to spurs ffs get over it.....can understand it if it was Bournemouth away or someone similar even we  beat em !!!

not sure about the horrible club bit..... owned by bet365 (well Peter Coates anyway)... who haven't based themselves offshore, pay UK tax etc. Their fans.... I dont like 'em either

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

horrible club horrible fans ....they lost to spurs ffs get over it.....can understand it if it was Bournemouth away or someone similar even we  beat em !!!

It's a bit more than losing to Spurs. Hughes is taking them rapidly backwards, they have let in more goals than anybody else and they seem to have lost their identity in the process.

9 hours ago, 22A said:

I read how one Italian club lost their local derby 5-0 at home. Fans turned up at the training ground on Monday and beat up their players. Afterwards one fan demanded film of the attack be shown to all new signings so they know how much that derby means to the fans.

Presumably AFTER they signed!!! 

Do they have the 21 day cooling off period type contract in Italy?!!

26 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Stoke hadn't won away on a tuesday night since before 1920 if not longer!!

You could be right, as they drew at AG in our first home game back in the top flight on a Tuesday night in August, 1976. There is a chance they might have won away matches on Tuesday nights before the mid 1950s but nobody can be sure because it was the days before floodlights.

October 97 and I was one of 'The Priestfield Six' a group of London based supporters so enraged by City's performance that day (but for The Iceman's wonder performance between the sticks we'd have lost in a landslide,) that we waited for the players and management outside their coach. Face-to-face we let them have it with both barrels and in no uncertain terms told them what we thought. At times it looked liked turning nasty at which point John Ward turned up he stood and listened to what we had to say. He stood and stood and stood. We were there so long players like Dyche and Torpey came to the door of the coach and told Ward to 'leave it' as they wanted to get home. Ward told them to sit down, shut up or be man enough to come out and listen to the valid and scathing assessment of their efforts. He kept them waiting for the best part of an hour. Subsequently, we discovered he read the players the riot act on the journey home and questioned whether their passion and commitment matched ours?

We went unbeaten next 15, lost only a handful to season's end and won promotion.

Top man John Ward.

Not an ideal place to kick off at players. Especially if they're families about. Surprised really that Stoke fans haven't kicked off to the current board as to why they seem to have not determination to take Stoke further. They've been in the PL almost 10 years and have achieved absolutely nothing. The likes of Leicester & Southampton have been up and down the football leagues in that time and have still achieved more than them in the PL. They really are a dull club.

36 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

October 97 and I was one of 'The Priestfield Six' a group of London based supporters so enraged by City's performance that day (but for The Iceman's wonder performance between the sticks we'd have lost in a landslide,) that we waited for the players and management outside their coach. Face-to-face we let them have it with both barrels and in no uncertain terms told them what we thought. At times it looked liked turning nasty at which point John Ward turned up he stood and listened to what we had to say. He stood and stood and stood. We were there so long players like Dyche and Torpey came to the door of the coach and told Ward to 'leave it' as they wanted to get home. Ward told them to sit down, shut up or be man enough to come out and listen to the valid and scathing assessment of their efforts. He kept them waiting for the best part of an hour. Subsequently, we discovered he read the players the riot act on the journey home and questioned whether their passion and commitment matched ours?

We went unbeaten next 15, lost only a handful to season's end and won promotion.

Top man John Ward.

Thats how you do it isn't it, fair play Mr Ward

15 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Not an ideal place to kick off at players. Especially if they're families about. Surprised really that Stoke fans haven't kicked off to the current board as to why they seem to have not determination to take Stoke further. They've been in the PL almost 10 years and have achieved absolutely nothing. The likes of Leicester & Southampton have been up and down the football leagues in that time and have still achieved more than them in the PL. They really are a dull club.

In fairness it's not like they havent tried. They got rid of the security provided by pulis in the hope they would move on further. They have also spent big money and bought in big names such as shaqiri and jese.

They also got themselves to an fa cup final.

They are stalling at the moment but i imagine the anger is probably directed at hughes and hughes only.

Archived