IGNORED

Team for Saturday (and Wednesday)

Meh

Obviously we want to give a good account of ourselves in both and I think we will see 2 good similar teams but considering Korey’s injury and the fact Leko and Woodrow are cup-tied.

Something like :-

Saturday 

Fielding

Wright - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Elliason - Brownhill - Pack - Leko

Reid - Woodrow 

Wednesday

Fielding

Wright - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Brownhill - Reid - Pack - Paterson

Reid - Taylor

14 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Saturday has to be priority and we should put out our strongest team for both games....Personally I think Korey Smith will play in both

Saturday definitely the priority, even if that is because they have a "one game at a time" mentality.

Win on Saturday first, and then move on to Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Hasn't Steele been playing the cup games?

He has but I think if Frankie is fit then he will play - same back 5 for both to keep that solid unit - changes in the middle and up front for me trying to keep everybody happyish and I think now is a good time with hectic Xmas schedule to change it around a bit to avoid further injuries - not drastic and not weakening the side - we still have decent squad replacements - we should use them.

Risking Korey this Saturday seems a step too far - surely the wound is not healed enough that one hard tackle won’t open it up again and potentially put him out for a fortnight plus !!

I appreciate we have to do Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday in the next week but to me the Forest game has to be the only priority.

I still wouldn't risk Korey in it though, as he simply cannot be confident in the tackle with that sort of wound.

I'd go

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Paterson Pack Brownhil Eliasson

Reid

Woodrow

I do expect Steele to face Manchester, Taylor to replace the cup tied Woodrow and Korey to come in for Eliasson if he is fit enough, with Magnússon playing instead if he is not, with Bryan then moving into midfield. 

How come Leko and Woodrow cannot play against United? Surely with West Brom & Fulham no longer in the cup, we should be ok

But without this two, we are going to look so frail.. the next 3 games are gunna be so tough. It's a shame we won't have a fully fit squad to put on a good show against United... 

31 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

How come Leko and Woodrow cannot play against United? Surely with West Brom & Fulham no longer in the cup, we should be ok

But without this two, we are going to look so frail.. the next 3 games are gunna be so tough. It's a shame we won't have a fully fit squad to put on a good show against United... 

Both are cup tied already 

Agree with the one game at a time approach. Think about Manchester when it comes. For now, 100% should be going into preparing for Forest. We could be 1 point off second or down to 6th with others breathing down our neck depending on how things go. Massive.

Hopefully, a starting place vs Manchester will be an extra incentive to perform well, not that these lads need one. This group have given everything so far this season.

16 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

I know Bobbie has upped his game this season but to expect him to occupy two positions against Manchester is a bit much!

Family tradition; during WW2 his grandfather served with bomber command as a pilot and rear gunner. :P

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just play strongest team available in both games. I would rather lose to Forest and beat United than the other way around. Probably in the minority though.

You probably are, but it's not an easy choice and it doesn't mean you're wrong. One could argue that there are 25 league games left to gain points for playoffs/promotion but this is our only shot at a major semi final and probably the biggest scalp in English football.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

You probably are, but it's not an easy choice and it doesn't mean you're wrong. One could argue that there are 25 league games left to gain points for playoffs/promotion but this is our only shot at a major semi final and probably the biggest scalp in English football.

Started a poll to find out.  Depressing results already! 

Wonder if its the modern fan obsession with the premier league. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Started a poll to find out.  Depressing results already! 

Wonder if its the modern fan obsession with the premier league. 

More likely a desire for us to finally test ourselves at the very highest level, rather than achieve a solitary win in a competition that changes its name every 2 years.

Archived