Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BCFC Richard

Leko

Recommended Posts

Been thinking about his performances etc. and I've come to the conclusion maybe he needs to start a game.

Two things I think most of us would agree on. 1. Leko has bags of talent and more than enough technical ability to be a success at this level - In fact with the tricks he has he could be sensational. 2. The flip side of that. He wasn't working hard enough early in the season and he seems to make poor decisions - tries his tricks too often and sometimes plays us into trouble. 

However, since he came here he has mostly been limited to cameo appearances late in games. He is a young lad who will have come to us hoping to play regularly (maybe even expecting too). I think by coming on late he will feel he needs to make an impression and show what he can do to force his way into contention for a starting place. If he comes on + makes a few sensible passes etc. he might not make mistakes but it's hard for him to impress. I'd argue that he should be given a start and told explicitly to think about the team, remember to track back and don't be afraid to take the simple option sometimes. He has definitely improved on tracking back from early season and could be a huge asset if he comes good - I think he might actually stand more chance of doing that if he started.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Been thinking about his performances etc. and I've come to the conclusion maybe he needs to start a game.

Two things I think most of us would agree on. 1. Leko has bags of talent and more than enough technical ability to be a success at this level - In fact with the tricks he has he could be sensational. 2. The flip side of that. He wasn't working hard enough early in the season and he seems to make poor decisions - tries his tricks too often and sometimes plays us into trouble. 

However, since he came here he has mostly been limited to cameo appearances late in games. He is a young lad who will have come to us hoping to play regularly (maybe even expecting too). I think by coming on late he will feel he needs to make an impression and show what he can do to force his way into contention for a starting place. If he comes on + makes a few sensible passes etc. he might not make mistakes but it's hard for him to impress. I'd argue that he should be given a start and told explicitly to think about the team, remember to track back and don't be afraid to take the simple option sometimes. He has definitely improved on tracking back from early season and could be a huge asset if he comes good - I think he might actually stand more chance of doing that if he started.

 

I think he’ll be used a bit more in the second half of the season and could prove vital as on his day I think he has the potential to be a match winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said in a recent interview that he's still learning a lot while not in the side, I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature more after christmas, LJ has had a few months to work with him and get him more adept to our style. I think if we were mid table he'd have played a lot more but given our position LJ is sticking with the ones getting results, perhaps some fear that change in personal could see a change in results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for me. He doesn't work hard enough at all. Again nearly cost us in last two games when coming on and don't get me started on Fulham away. Was like having 10 men. Undoubtedly has talent but needs to work harder. One decent game v Derby.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen his only start at Norwich , pulled off at half time ,  Just may have been the wrong match for him  narrow pitch  and well marked ,   But yes I would like to think he will be given another go  Maybe Watford away    he wont be FACUP tied !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

I seen his only start at Norwich , pulled off at half time ,  Just may have been the wrong match for him  narrow pitch  and well marked ,   But yes I would like to think he will be given another go  Maybe Watford away    he wont be FACUP tied !

He started against Derby and looked decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong I'm definitely not a fanboy. In fact, I'd say he's contributed very little so far but he has undoubted potential is probably actually costing us a fair bit and could definitely be doing more. 

I just thought that maybe only being given a run out at the end of games is leading him to try and show off rather than relax and play. No doubt he could have cost us in the Sheffield game, but again it was the end of the game he came on for. He last started a game back in September maybe with all the injuries we have its worth risking him at the start of a match. Or as @City Exile suggests Watford in the cup could be a good shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time we bring him on, it’s like going down to ten men. Granted, the occasional 15 seconds of wizardry - followed by being too slow, out of position defensively and no idea what he should be doing. IMO, not a good fit for us. We are a team of workers that are joined in tactical awareness as our strength. It is obvious that Leko is very much an individual who has shown little signs of development as yet. 

 As for a starting berth.....please LJ, no! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that many games and he returns, I would rather see one of our own players given a chance - how about giving Taylor, Eliason and Engvall a few more games ?

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

I seen his only start at Norwich , pulled off at half time ,  Just may have been the wrong match for him  narrow pitch  and well marked ,   But yes I would like to think he will be given another go  Maybe Watford away    he wont be FACUP tied !

Probably why he was substituted.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cityred exile said:

yeah  he did  (won our only penalty this season )

....except for our pen away at Wolves?! 

You’ve had a ‘Weston Super’ on this thread so far Chief!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he made a positive impact v Sheff Utd on Friday.

I thought he made the difference between us winning and drawing tbh.

Not saying he changed the game with his performance but it just gave us that little bit extra and caused Sheff a bit of a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undoubtably has the talent. I wouldn't say he doesn't work hard, feel that's a bit of a harsh criticism. 

When he's lost the ball the last couple of games he's chased back and tried to win it again. 

Just his decision making isn't quite there, honestly believe he's like a young Bolasie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A young lad learning his trade, some of the negative comments on this thread could have been, and were, levelled at our other young players when they first arrived.

If some people haven't learned yet that it takes time to get some of these youngsters up to speed, it's a bit of a surprise considering this years development.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no i don't think he's good enough for the first team, he's a bit of a headless chicken all pace no end product,

He's better coming on against tired legs, he isn't good enough to get in front of Brownhill Bryan and pato for the wide midfield birth

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no i don't think he's good enough for the first team, he's a bit of a headless chicken all pace no end product,

He's better coming on against tired legs, he isn't good enough to get in front of Brownhill Bryan and pato for the wide midfield birth

We gave O'Dowda a chance, so why not Leko?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is 3 months younger than Freddie Hinds, 6 months younger than Lloyd Kelly and over 2 years younger than Shawn McCoulskey to put it into perspective. 

I know he is frustrating at times and is only here on a loan but he has ability no one else in the teams has. We have seen his ability benefit us a few times. I agree with those that say he is better off the bench. I feel the work rate and where to be defensively is still being worked on and personally I think his last few appearances have shown that. 

I think he could start from time to time especially during this holiday period. Think he is better wide right in a front 3 where he has a bit more cover. Think he will come good for us during the second half of the season. LJ and co are very good at developing players and I think we will see that with every time we see him play. I know he is not the best decision maker but that is why he is on loan. That only gets better with more minutes and different situations. He has always been able to beat players with his agility and strength. He still can but the risk is greater in senior football and he needs to learn when to try it and when to be safe. I am a big fan and he is one I would hope we pursue if we go up. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Not for me. He doesn't work hard enough at all. Again nearly cost us in last two games when coming on and don't get me started on Fulham away. Was like having 10 men. Undoubtedly has talent but needs to work harder. One decent game v Derby.  

And away at Wolves.....though he really was terrible against Fulham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Been thinking about his performances etc. and I've come to the conclusion maybe he needs to start a game.

Two things I think most of us would agree on. 1. Leko has bags of talent and more than enough technical ability to be a success at this level - In fact with the tricks he has he could be sensational. 2. The flip side of that. He wasn't working hard enough early in the season and he seems to make poor decisions - tries his tricks too often and sometimes plays us into trouble. 

However, since he came here he has mostly been limited to cameo appearances late in games. He is a young lad who will have come to us hoping to play regularly (maybe even expecting too). I think by coming on late he will feel he needs to make an impression and show what he can do to force his way into contention for a starting place. If he comes on + makes a few sensible passes etc. he might not make mistakes but it's hard for him to impress. I'd argue that he should be given a start and told explicitly to think about the team, remember to track back and don't be afraid to take the simple option sometimes. He has definitely improved on tracking back from early season and could be a huge asset if he comes good - I think he might actually stand more chance of doing that if he started.

 

I think there is a big case for him to start against Forest, with him being cup tied for next Wednesday!! As much as I don't like the idea of doing it, we're gunna have to start switching things up game to game this month, otherwise the boys are gunna be f*cked... our bench for united is not going to have a lot on it! 

I think Johnson this year has been very good at utilising his squad and making changes when they suit.. I trust him to get it right.. but even if he does get it right.. I fear for us this month... especially the genes after the United one (QPR, READING, WOLVES) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a turn of pace and feet like lightening and an ability to beat your man is fantastic...but if you haven't got a football brain, it's pointless.

It's a bit like those people that can keep a football up forever, with fantastic tricks...but does that make them good footballers?

I haven't seen one positive in him as a footballer yet.

Some fans seem to think that  having what I highlighted in my first sentence is 'exciting'. It's purely physical.

What you want at 17/18 yo, is players that already have good brains and understand football.

Imo...he's been one of those lucky kids that some scout has seen his physical attributes and ignored the rest. He's lucked out imo.

So many talented footballers of young age with brains go unnoticed because of their lack of physical ability...which can be developed through their teenage years.

There are far more 'Paul Scholes' types that don't get given a chance...and many more 'Leko' types picked up when young. They see purely their physical attributes at a young age.

Leko frustrates the hell out of me...it's not because he's young...there are many kids his age and younger that have football brains. He's miles behind in his development mentally imo.

Like someone else pointed out...for every moment of 'wizardry' it more often than not ends up with him losing the ball, us under pressure again, out of shape, and on the back foot.

Harsh...maybe...but I see nothing I like in him as a footballer. He can kick, run and drop his shoulder at pace...unless he has some kind of mental eureka moment, he'll end up at somewhere like Peterborough imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having a turn of pace and feet like lightening and an ability to beat your man is fantastic...but if you haven't got a football brain, it's pointless.

It's a bit like those people that can keep a football up forever, with fantastic tricks...but does that make them good footballers?

I haven't seen one positive in him as a footballer yet.

Some fans seem to think that  having what I highlighted in my first sentence is 'exciting'. It's purely physical.

What you want at 17/18 yo, is players that already have good brains and understand football.

Imo...he's been one of those lucky kids that some scout has seen his physical attributes and ignored the rest. He's lucked out imo.

So many talented footballers of young age with brains go unnoticed because of their lack of physical ability...which can be developed through their teenage years.

There are far more 'Paul Scholes' types that don't get given a chance...and many more 'Leko' types picked up when young. They see purely their physical attributes at a young age.

Leko frustrates the hell out of me...it's not because he's young...there are many kids his age and younger that have football brains. He's miles behind in his development mentally imo.

Like someone else pointed out...for every moment of 'wizardry' it more often than not ends up with him losing the ball, us under pressure again, out of shape, and on the back foot.

Harsh...maybe...but I see nothing I like in him as a footballer. He can kick, run and drop his shoulder at pace...unless he has some kind of mental eureka moment, he'll end up at somewhere like Peterborough imo.

he reminds me of a better Jordan Wynter Spud, his talent is undoubted but I don't think he will ever for-fill it, I think at te end of his contract he will make a good living as a league two conference player, I've seen nothing from him to change my mind or thats he's good enough for the championship,

thats not to say he can't learn,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having a turn of pace and feet like lightening and an ability to beat your man is fantastic...but if you haven't got a football brain, it's pointless.

It's a bit like those people that can keep a football up forever, with fantastic tricks...but does that make them good footballers?

I haven't seen one positive in him as a footballer yet.

Some fans seem to think that  having what I highlighted in my first sentence is 'exciting'. It's purely physical.

What you want at 17/18 yo, is players that already have good brains and understand football.

Imo...he's been one of those lucky kids that some scout has seen his physical attributes and ignored the rest. He's lucked out imo.

So many talented footballers of young age with brains go unnoticed because of their lack of physical ability...which can be developed through their teenage years.

There are far more 'Paul Scholes' types that don't get given a chance...and many more 'Leko' types picked up when young. They see purely their physical attributes at a young age.

Leko frustrates the hell out of me...it's not because he's young...there are many kids his age and younger that have football brains. He's miles behind in his development mentally imo.

Like someone else pointed out...for every moment of 'wizardry' it more often than not ends up with him losing the ball, us under pressure again, out of shape, and on the back foot.

Harsh...maybe...but I see nothing I like in him as a footballer. He can kick, run and drop his shoulder at pace...unless he has some kind of mental eureka moment, he'll end up at somewhere like Peterborough imo.

Decision making can be taught though.....talent can't.

Writing him off at this stage of his career is very premature, with the right coaching I think this boy will go a long way, and like others have said I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature a lot more for us in the second half of the season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

He is 3 months younger than Freddie Hinds, 6 months younger than Lloyd Kelly and over 2 years younger than Shawn McCoulskey to put it into perspective. 

I know he is frustrating at times and is only here on a loan but he has ability no one else in the teams has. We have seen his ability benefit us a few times. I agree with those that say he is better off the bench. I feel the work rate and where to be defensively is still being worked on and personally I think his last few appearances have shown that. 

I think he could start from time to time especially during this holiday period. Think he is better wide right in a front 3 where he has a bit more cover. Think he will come good for us during the second half of the season. LJ and co are very good at developing players and I think we will see that with every time we see him play. I know he is not the best decision maker but that is why he is on loan. That only gets better with more minutes and different situations. He has always been able to beat players with his agility and strength. He still can but the risk is greater in senior football and he needs to learn when to try it and when to be safe. I am a big fan and he is one I would hope we pursue if we go up. 

Especially if the Baggies drop ( figuratively speaking )  .

:blush:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having a turn of pace and feet like lightening and an ability to beat your man is fantastic...but if you haven't got a football brain, it's pointless.

It's a bit like those people that can keep a football up forever, with fantastic tricks...but does that make them good footballers?

I haven't seen one positive in him as a footballer yet.

Some fans seem to think that  having what I highlighted in my first sentence is 'exciting'. It's purely physical.

What you want at 17/18 yo, is players that already have good brains and understand football.

Imo...he's been one of those lucky kids that some scout has seen his physical attributes and ignored the rest. He's lucked out imo.

So many talented footballers of young age with brains go unnoticed because of their lack of physical ability...which can be developed through their teenage years.

There are far more 'Paul Scholes' types that don't get given a chance...and many more 'Leko' types picked up when young. They see purely their physical attributes at a young age.

Leko frustrates the hell out of me...it's not because he's young...there are many kids his age and younger that have football brains. He's miles behind in his development mentally imo.

Like someone else pointed out...for every moment of 'wizardry' it more often than not ends up with him losing the ball, us under pressure again, out of shape, and on the back foot.

Harsh...maybe...but I see nothing I like in him as a footballer. He can kick, run and drop his shoulder at pace...unless he has some kind of mental eureka moment, he'll end up at somewhere like Peterborough imo.

He be a sort of modern day Junior Bent . 

" It's Bent . He must score " 

:doh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Beat his man a few times which is great, zero delivery after.

The delivery bit for all players is the low percentage bit,it’s the hardest bit

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I thought he made the difference between us winning and drawing tbh.

Not saying he changed the game with his performance but it just gave us that little bit extra and caused Sheff a bit of a problem.

He got us forward. His dribbling dragged them out of position and created space for out midfielders to knock it about and tire a Utd side full of energy. I’m not saying he was brilliant, but equally on that cameo doesn’t deserve the criticism!

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

A young lad learning his trade, some of the negative comments on this thread could have been, and were, levelled at our other young players when they first arrived.

If some people haven't learned yet that it takes time to get some of these youngsters up to speed, it's a bit of a surprise considering this years development.

Yep. He’s 18 too. He is a bit “press his head down and watch him run”, and I can imagine he’s dominated junior football. You must question WBA too. Have they just let his physical prowess compensate too much for his technical deficiencies. Still got chance to right these, maybe coming here was part of that?

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having a turn of pace and feet like lightening and an ability to beat your man is fantastic...but if you haven't got a football brain, it's pointless.

It's a bit like those people that can keep a football up forever, with fantastic tricks...but does that make them good footballers?

I haven't seen one positive in him as a footballer yet.

Some fans seem to think that  having what I highlighted in my first sentence is 'exciting'. It's purely physical.

What you want at 17/18 yo, is players that already have good brains and understand football.

Imo...he's been one of those lucky kids that some scout has seen his physical attributes and ignored the rest. He's lucked out imo.

So many talented footballers of young age with brains go unnoticed because of their lack of physical ability...which can be developed through their teenage years.

There are far more 'Paul Scholes' types that don't get given a chance...and many more 'Leko' types picked up when young. They see purely their physical attributes at a young age.

Leko frustrates the hell out of me...it's not because he's young...there are many kids his age and younger that have football brains. He's miles behind in his development mentally imo.

Like someone else pointed out...for every moment of 'wizardry' it more often than not ends up with him losing the ball, us under pressure again, out of shape, and on the back foot.

Harsh...maybe...but I see nothing I like in him as a footballer. He can kick, run and drop his shoulder at pace...unless he has some kind of mental eureka moment, he'll end up at somewhere like Peterborough imo.

I don’t think you’re off mark with a lot of your post, but I think he’s showed a few flashes, typical of the type of footballer he is. As per above I think he’s been let down by WBA and even himself. 

Spoke to him yesterday, certainly doesn’t come across as arrogant, that City are beneath him, totally the opposite in fact. Just need to accept he’s young, but at 18 he has time, if inclined to, to remedy some of the thinks he lacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Decision making can be taught though.....talent can't.

Writing him off at this stage of his career is very premature, with the right coaching I think this boy will go a long way, and like others have said I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature a lot more for us in the second half of the season.

I agree...but you have to have an understanding to start with. He's not a 'natural' footballer imo. He's miles behind in his footballing understanding.

What do you call 'talent'? Pace, fast feet, dropping of shoulder? Many can do that.

Look at Adomah and Boalaise we we had them...miles ahead of Leko, and they came from Barnet not WBA. Raw physical talent, but at least they understood to a degree.

I can't remember seeing a player in the Championship who runs with his head down so much. And when losing the ball...getting frustrated, stopping, then catching his thought and sprinting like a mad man to get back...head back like road runner...it's bloody comical.

He's no footballer imo.

Watch our academy kids and they all have a better understanding than him.

It frustrates the hell out of me, that someone with such physical attributes at such a young age is seen as positive over a footballing brain.

You can teach as much as you like...if they haven't got a brain that understands, then it's like talking to a brick wall. His understanding is miles off....even at his age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Not for me. He doesn't work hard enough at all. Again nearly cost us in last two games when coming on and don't get me started on Fulham away. Was like having 10 men. Undoubtedly has talent but needs to work harder. One decent game v Derby.  

He was brilliant at Wolves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree...but you have to have an understanding to start with. He's not a 'natural' footballer imo. He's miles behind in his footballing understanding.

What do you call 'talent'? Pace, fast feet, dropping of shoulder? Many can do that.

Look at Adomah and Boalaise we we had them...miles ahead of Leko, and they came from Barnet not WBA. Raw physical talent, but at least they understood to a degree.

I can't remember seeing a player in the Championship who runs with his head down so much. And when losing the ball...getting frustrated, stopping, then catching his thought and sprinting like a mad man to get back...head back like road runner...it's bloody comical.

He's no footballer imo.

Watch our academy kids and they all have a better understanding than him.

It frustrates the hell out of me, that someone with such physical attributes at such a young age is seen as positive over a footballing brain.

You can teach as much as you like...if they haven't got a brain that understands, then it's like talking to a brick wall. His understanding is miles off....even at his age.

Traore?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Probably why he was substituted.

We have to make do with a pie and a pint. :(

That's what being in the premier league does for clubs I guess!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are forgetting he's not our player. He's raw now, and he will be raw at the end of the season albeit slightly more accomplished, when he returns to his parent club.

Right now, he's not ready and he's far too inconsistent. Next season he won't be here, so there's not really any point in us playing/developing him. As selfish as it sounds, it's a business and only W. Brom/Leko would be benefiting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I think people are forgetting he's not our player. He's raw now, and he will be raw at the end of the season albeit slightly more accomplished, when he returns to his parent club.

Right now, he's not ready and he's far too inconsistent. Next season he won't be here, so there's not really any point in us playing/developing him. As selfish as it sounds, it's a business and only W. Brom/Leko would be benefiting. 

Can't say I disagree with much of that, which begs the question, as I have mentioned previously, why did we take him on loan?

I am sure there will be a loan fee to pay and a % of his wages which, despite his youth, will not be insignificant.

This is a strange one in my opinion OR is there a bigger picture to all of this, which may now be obsolete given the change of management at WBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is raw but West Brom regard him very highly. What people do not realise is that they have an excellent academy; it's actually right next to the ground and is a very modern Cat A.

In places, I think Leko has showed some excellent technical ability. He is eighteen years old and has a long way to go, but even a couple of seasons ago he had some excellent games in the first team, including against a relatively strong Liverpool side. I was really excited when he came here, although obviously some performances have been disappointing. He is only with us now as West Brom took the last minute opportunity to sign Oliver Burke. As he gets drilled into how we operate (and there are already a few elements of this apparent in the last few games), I think he can be very effective and will develop his footballing mind. He really affected the United game when he came on; even if it didn't come off a few times he stretched the tired defenders out of position which was crucial in the moments leading up to the winner.

I can't help but feel that writing him off now is a bit silly, to be honest. I would have been instantly envious had any other team in this league landed him on loan. I happen to think he has the potential to be a Premier League level player, and I have seen him a few times when watching games with my Baggie mate. We were spoiled last year with probably one of the best loan signings made in English football in recent times; sadly not everyone will be like God.

Edited by Newquay-Red
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

He is raw but West Brom regard him very highly. What people do not realise is that they have an excellent academy; it's actually right next to the ground and is a very modern Cat A.

In places, I think Leko has showed some excellent technical ability. He is eighteen years old and has a long way to go, but even a couple of seasons ago he had some excellent games in the first team, including against a relatively strong Liverpool side. I was really excited when he came here, although obviously some performances have been disappointing. He is only with us now as West Brom took the last minute opportunity to sign Oliver Burke. As he gets drilled into how we operate (and there are already a few elements of this apparent in the last few games), I think he can be very effective and will develop his footballing mind. He really affected the United game when he came on; even if it didn't come off a few times he stretched the tired defenders out of position which was crucial in the moments leading up to the winner.

I can't help but feel that writing him off now is a bit silly, to be honest. I would have been instantly envious had any other team in this league landed him on loan. I happen to think he has the potential to be a Premier League level player, and I have seen him a few times when watching games with my Baggie mate. We were spoiled last year with probably one of the best loan signings made in English football in recent times; sadly not everyone will be like God.

most people haven't written him off, most are saying he isn't good enough for a start,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With our (many, many) important injuries I’d start him on Saturday. I know about his faults but I struggle to look past his raw ability. If he lost us the game I’d happily hold my hands up and say I’m wrong but I think he’d do more good than bad. I’d go: 

                           FF

Wright       Flint      Baker     Bryan

Leko       Pack     Brownhill    Pato 

              Reid       Woodrow

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×