IGNORED

Wales football chief to ask about his comments about wales job

Never to the dark side

I'm married to a welshie and have Welsh family so am well used to a bit of friendly anti England stick, but this did annoy me a bit. At best it's just reeks of crap populism by pandering to the Neanderthal English 'hating' element. Got no problem with saying Welsh only as boss but it's really made him look rather stupid I think.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

The ***** doesn't mind all those English representing his passionate nation over the years or his main clubs enjoying life because of the English league though does he.

What percentage of the current Welsh national team are English?? What a moron.

6 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

hes stupid for stating this in public but fair play to him for his thoughts. I wouldn' ever want a taff or jock in charge of england or to be honest any non english person.

im not racist but i just want England to be all about England and nothing else.

I agree that the manager of all national sides should be from that country. TBH how could you want another country to do well at the possible expense of your own?

Can you imagine the meltdown if Sir Alex had ever been appointed to the England job, we then drew Scotland in a qualifying group and (going into the realms of fantasy here) they somehow beat us and qualified instead?

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree that the manager of all national sides should be from that country. TBH how could you want another country to do well at the possible expense of your own?

Can you imagine the meltdown if Sir Alex had ever been appointed to the England job, we then drew Scotland in a qualifying group and (going into the realms of fantasy here) they somehow beat us and qualified instead?

If you're in charge and held fully responsible for that country's results, I'd imagine it's pretty easy, as your job as a professional is more or less on the line.

2 minutes ago, Distortia said:

If you're in charge and held fully responsible for that country's results, I'd imagine it's pretty easy, as your job as a professional is more or less on the line.

But how could you take the job if there was the possibility that the country you manage could have to beat the one of your birth in a World Cup Final?

I don`t think I could do it personally.

59 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sven managed us versus Sweden in a World Cup game...he didn’t seem to have split loyalties, or if he did he hid it well...and remember Jack Charlton celebrating a goal by his Ireland side against England at Wembley? He had no problem being up against the country of his birth...

Racism isn't clear cut. The public have tiers of racism and this is a case in point.

The Aussies can call us Poms, apparently. But we can't call the Spanish Dagos. Who decided that's acceptable? 

We can take the piss out of other parts of Britain, in general. 

This one has surprised me. Maybe all racism will have to be treated as equal in future. 

Archived