IGNORED

Priority Poll - Forest or Manchester?

And Its Smith

Priority Poll - Forest or Man Utd?  

478 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you had to choose to win one game but the other one then had to be a loss, which one would you choose to win?

Easy one for me.  Rather progress in the cup.  Got many more games left to make up for a Forest defeat.  Makes me sad to see some say to play the reserves on Wednesday.  Massive game for us and huge opportunity.  

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

forest every day of the week, I want to play a beat untied to become the norm in the prem not a one off in a cup,

league every time

Football is about memories for me.  The Chelsea FA cup win, the Liverpool draw and then win.  Great moments.  We are a few days away from potentially another one and everyone would rather beat Forest at home. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is a tough one Dave. Good question. 

I really want to keep the momentum in the league going and the brother in law supports Forest, but a semi final would be so good...

Depressing results already for me.  I would rather win the cup than go up.  Most definitely in a minority on that one!! 

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Football is about memories for me.  The Chelsea FA cup win, the Liverpool draw and then win.  Great moments.  We are a few days away from potentially another one and everyone would rather beat Forest at home. 

Kind of agree. In 20 years we won't be talking about beating forest will we.

Very tough choice but when you are going so well in the league, it would be foolish to let anything distract you from giving 100%. Beating United and playing in a major semi final would feel awesome but how much better would pipping Warnock and the sheep botherers to automatic promotion feel? :P

In any case, I don't think that one game will affect the other too much. We are used to playing Saturday then again midweek. I think LJ will prioritise both and put out his strongest possible team for both games.

It's the QPR game I'm more worried about. Less than 72 hours later.. the lads are going to be utterly shattered and who knows what other knocks we may have picked up after 180 more minutes. Really think we could come unstuck there.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the Carabao Cup, and I genuinely don't understand the hype.

3 points gained v Florist will keep us closer to the top two Auto spots. If we manage to get an 'Auto Spot' we'll get to play the likes of Man U and bigger teams each & every week!

My head says Forest but I totally agree that football is about creating good memories. If we could beat Man Utd my son will remember it forever in the same way I'll never forget the night we beat Liverpool.

Although, even whilst writing this short post I've changed my mind a couple of times :laughcont:

It's just nice to be in a position in the league and cup where we can even ask a question like this.

24 minutes ago, RedDave said:

had plenty fo good memorys, i've been to wembley countless time I've sen us tumble down the league I've seen us win a league, I've never seen us in the prem

7 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the Carabao Cup, and I genuinely don't understand the hype.

3 points gained v Florist will keep us closer to the top two Auto spots. If we manage to get an 'Auto Spot' we'll get to play the likes of Man U and bigger teams each & every week!

A QF of a major cup competition against one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Forest all day,purely for points on the table. Let' be fair if by some chance we do beat Man Utd, we've still got another 2 Prem teams to beat to actually win the competition. League is the priority but the cup run is a nice distraction.

Let the Mancs have the result. Besides, we'll beat them twice next year anyway :whistle:

41 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

In any case, I don't think that one game will affect the other too much. We are used to playing Saturday then again midweek. I think LJ will prioritise both and put out his strongest possible team for both games.

It's the QPR game I'm more worried about. Less than 72 hours later.. the lads are going to be utterly shattered and who knows what other knocks we may have picked up after 180 more minutes. Really think we could come unstuck there.

Exactly this.

Personally I would love us to win at Queens Park *******, firstly because we never do, and secondly because I would love it if we got Hollowhead sacked.

Sadly, this game is likely to be the proverbial "cup hangover". 

40 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

My head says Forest but I totally agree that football is about creating good memories. If we could beat Man Utd my son will remember it forever in the same way I'll never forget the night we beat Liverpool.

Although, even whilst writing this short post I've changed my mind a couple of times :laughcont:

It's just nice to be in a position in the league and cup where we can even ask a question like this.

^^

This.

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Exactly this.

Personally I would love us to win at Queens Park *******, firstly because we never do, and secondly because I would love it if we got Hollowhead sacked.

Sadly, this game is likely to be the proverbial "cup hangover". 

Hoping not as I'm gonna be at that one..

Surprising that currently 21 votes would rather we lose to Forest!!....if we missed top six by a point that may be considered a pisser!!

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Depressing results already for me.  I would rather win the cup than go up.  Most definitely in a minority on that one!! 

That's another question entirely. Would you rather win the League Cup but miss out on promotion or lose in the cup but guarantee promotion to the Prem.

Europa League (and a first major trophy on our honour's list) or Premier League. 

To the original poll question I think I'd have chosen win against Man U if the Forest choice was then draw. 

Turning this thread on it's head. As Man C appear to be heading for the title this season, Man U may decide to play their reserves against WBA on Saturday so their best players are rested for the Cup QF against "lowly Bristol City" and progress to the semis.

I wonder which game will be the priority for Man U fans?

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

That's another question entirely. Would you rather win the League Cup but miss out on promotion or lose in the cup but guarantee promotion to the Prem.

Europa League (and a first major trophy on our honour's list) or Premier League. 

To the original poll question I think I'd have chosen win against Man U if the Forest choice was then draw. 

Rather win league cup than go up .

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Win league cup.

59 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

If we win Saturday, players will not want to miss Wednesday - Ray Wilkins said on TS this morning that when you’re winning you don’t feel tired. 

I don’t see LJ playing weak side in either game. 

Archived