IGNORED

Priority Poll - Forest or Manchester?

And Its Smith

Priority Poll - Forest or Man Utd?  

478 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Respect your view but one question... was the Liverpool win meaningless?

It wasn't meaningless, it was a nice cup win, but the fact is has a giant mural in the SS Concourse just shows us as slightly tinpot.

I would prefer to progress in the league and as a club to the point where it's the matches that win the league and/or cups that are the ones being commemorated, as opposed to a win in the 3rd round of the FA Cup 25 years ago.

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Which is exactly why 3 points towards promotion would be a lot better for us than a win against Man U!

If we dont go up it wont

Nobody is considering the huge belief a win against United would give the team. More so than three points against Forest.

Cannot understand 70% of this forum it seems. Loads more reasons to prefer a win on Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Respect your view but one question... was the Liverpool win meaningless?

I genuinely can’t remember if we were in 3rd place/promotion contenders at the time. No it wasn’t meaningless at all but if we stuffed up promotion as we were following cup dreams I’d say stop dreaming.

promotion, promotion, promotion. If we did lose to ManU I wouldn’t be shocked, but if we stuff up against Forest I would be shocked and annoyed. 

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I genuinely can’t remember if we were in 3rd place/promotion contenders at the time. No it wasn’t meaningless at all but if we stuffed up promotion as we were following cup dreams I’d say stop dreaming.

promotion, promotion, promotion. If we did lose to ManU I wouldn’t be shocked, but if we stuff up against Forest I would be shocked and annoyed. 

Would you be shocked if we lost to Forest? I wouldnt. Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Surely it cannot be all about getting to the Premier League...

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If we dont go up it wont

Nobody is considering the huge belief a win against United would give the team. More so than three points against Forest.

Cannot understand 70% of this forum it seems. Loads more reasons to prefer a win on Wednesday. 

Exactly, it’s all complete guesswork. Most people are probably voting as if voting for Man U means no points against Forest. 

I’m sure if the question was ‘assuming no impact on our final league placing....’ you’d get a different story.

Potentially 3 points against forest could have a significantly greater impact on our destiny than a win again United which is why I suspect the majority have voted that way. 

I voted earlier and I voted WRONG. Just thinking again and i'm saying I'd take beating MAN UTD, and we get to the semi-finals ffs + the glory of knocking 'em out. Voted without thinking it through.

If it were March or April, my choice could well be different. But with more than half a season to go, nah.. let's do Man U

Had a re-think, I'd vote the other way now. As important as the league is, the pure satisfaction of knocking the Surrey dwelling plastic ***** out would be too much. Other sides will drop points over the course of the season, and we've proven we can bounce back under LJ.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Rather win league cup than go up .

I was asked that by a Birmingham fan in work last night. He said when they won the league cup a few years ago they went down the same season, but he'd rather win it again than go up for the memories. I'll be greedy and say let's do another double!!!

What are you lot on?!!?!!

Got to be Man Utd. Massive TV audience and thousands of casual supporters at the ground. With a decent winning performance could add hundreds, if not thousands, of extra paying supporters to future games. Additionally, a chance of a semi-final - just remember the Spurs one, but Florest away was a belter of an event -ranking up there in top 5 away matches ever following City. Add loads of £££££'s plus outside chance of a final and - we can dream - Europe. 

Forest in the league, pales into insignificance. 

No contest.

While the chance is slim at best, beating Manchester gets us a semi final and potentially a chance of playing in Europe.

There is only one shot at this, one defeat and the whole lot is gone (other than the semi final with 2 legs).

After the Forest game there are 24 more league games, that is 24 more attempts to make up for the points dropped (or, more likely knowing City, drop the points gained).

Why throw away your (slim) chances at one thing when they have no great impact on the other one? 

Cup all day long.

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

If you had to choose to win one game but the other one then had to be a loss, which one would you choose to win?

Easy one for me.  Rather progress in the cup.  Got many more games left to make up for a Forest defeat.  Makes me sad to see some say to play the reserves on Wednesday.  Massive game for us and huge opportunity.  

If we lose out on the biggest pay day in world sport because we lose to Nottingham Forest would you still feel the same?

After all, if we beat Man U what is the prize money? Probably a year's supply of that toxic drink sponsor and perhaps 50k, if we are lucky. I do not see how, in any way, shape or form, how anyone in their right mind could possibly prefer a win over Man U than Forest. It is a total no brainer.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If we lose out on the biggest pay day in world sport because we lose to Nottingham Forest would you still feel the same?

After all, if we beat Man U what is the prize money? Probably a year's supply of that toxic drink sponsor and perhaps 50k, if we are lucky. I do not see how, in any way, shape or form, how anyone in their right mind could possibly prefer a win over Man U than Forest. It is a total no brainer.

Read the thread and you will see reasons.

Plenty

12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If we missed out on promotion by less than 3 points I'd say draws against Burton and Millwall cost us, not a defeat to a team aiming for the playoffs.

Losing one game doesn't mean we won't go up either, and nor does winning against Forest mean we will.

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

If you had to choose to win one game but the other one then had to be a loss, which one would you choose to win?

Easy one for me.  Rather progress in the cup.  Got many more games left to make up for a Forest defeat.  Makes me sad to see some say to play the reserves on Wednesday.  Massive game for us and huge opportunity.  

Not even up for debate.

3 points v Forest far more important 

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Read the thread and you will see reasons.

Plenty

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If we missed out on promotion by less than 3 points I'd say draws against Burton and Millwall cost us, not a defeat to a team aiming for the playoffs.

Losing one game doesn't mean we won't go up either, and nor does winning against Forest mean we will.

Hang on.. The thread title is pretty unequivocal. Then the first sentence of your opening RedDave is also pretty clear.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It doesn't have to. Its a black and white question. I am merely painting the picture of consequence. I thought that was the point.

So back to my previously quoted post

32 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Archived