IGNORED

Priority Poll - Forest or Manchester?

And Its Smith

Priority Poll - Forest or Man Utd?  

478 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man Utd.

Heres why.

If we do go up, and stay up, we will most likely be a lower to mid table side. Nothing wrong in that. But if we were, and we were in the last 8 of the cup with half the season to play, I’d imagine everyone on here would say give the cup priority.

Winning trophies - it’s what stays with you. Prioritising something else over that when we’re in the last eight of a national competition seems against why we’re all in the game 

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Man Utd.

Heres why.

If we do go up, and stay up, we will most likely be a lower to mid table side. Nothing wrong in that. But if we were, and we were in the last 8 of the cup with half the season to play, I’d imagine everyone on here would say give the cup priority.

Winning trophies - it’s what stays with you. Prioritising something else over that when we’re in the last eight of a national competition seems against why we’re all in the game 

This all day long. I am equvical about getting into the Prem and at the most being mid table. It would give us a better squad and transform the club entirely financially but surely (unless we did a Leicester) winning things is what it is all about. I guess Wigan fans will remember the cup win with more fondness than their prem stay which more often than not was a struggle to stay up.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If we lose out on the biggest pay day in world sport because we lose to Nottingham Forest would you still feel the same?

After all, if we beat Man U what is the prize money? Probably a year's supply of that toxic drink sponsor and perhaps 50k, if we are lucky. I do not see how, in any way, shape or form, how anyone in their right mind could possibly prefer a win over Man U than Forest. It is a total no brainer.

Arrogant posts like this annoy me. As if anyone who doesn’t agree with your view is somehow stupid.

It’s not a no brainer. If it was, the vote wouldn’t be split 70:30 and there wouldn’t be valid and reasonable arguments being offered on both sides of the debate.

It’s not hard to understand why some might be willing to concede one victory in a 46 game season (that may not prove crucial) for a famous victory against a footballing superpower, a cup semi final, and perhaps even more. Maybe some would even value an actual trophy over promotion. You don’t have to agree with that stance to appreciate the arguments on either side.

@RedDave I think we’re on the same page here.

If I thought we had a chance of winning the competition (and therefore qualifying for Europe) I would say the Manchester game.

But I'd say the chances of us beating Manchester, followed by beating two of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester (one of which being over two legs) are slim to none...

So, Forest it is! 

Actually, both. I choose both.

League cup for me.

I know 3 points could help towards making the play offs but a 1/4 final win against Manchester United is proper history stuff... and we could go on to win the league cup!!! 

Anyway I'd love to go to the Premiership but I'm loving the championhip too....

:yes:

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

If I thought we had a chance of winning the competition (and therefore qualifying for Europe) I would say the Manchester game.

But I'd say the chances of us beating Manchester, followed by beating two of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester (one of which being over two legs) are slim to none...

So, Forest it is! 

Actually, both. I choose both.

11 minutes ago, Judda said:

League cup for me.

I know 3 points could help towards making the play offs but a 1/4 final win against Manchester United is proper history stuff... and we could go on to win the league cup!!! 

Anyway I'd love to go to the Premiership but I'm loving the championhip too....

:yes:

These two posts sum it up perfectly for me. The league being more important in the long run imo. And more games in the cup could jeopardise our position with injuries, distractions etc. That’s why I voted forest. But........ That said, beating those mancs, all the plastics and Jose would be sooooooooo sweet. 

Manchester all the way.

People still talk about Forest (coincidentally) in 89 and Liverpool in 94. This would be a fantastic achievement, one of which my generation has not experienced and gives us a chance of winning a major trophy.

Forest in a bog standard league game I'm sorry but is insignificant in comparison no matter how well we are doing, plenty of games to make it up.

13 hours ago, kmpowell said:

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the Carabao Cup, and I genuinely don't understand the hype.

3 points gained v Florist will keep us closer to the top two Auto spots. If we manage to get an 'Auto Spot' we'll get to play the likes of Man U and bigger teams each & every week!

Bigger teams?

12 hours ago, Ian M said:

That's another question entirely. Would you rather win the League Cup but miss out on promotion or lose in the cup but guarantee promotion to the Prem.

Europa League (and a first major trophy on our honour's list) or Premier League. 

To the original poll question I think I'd have chosen win against Man U if the Forest choice was then draw. 

12 hours ago, RedDave said:

Rather win league cup than go up .

12 hours ago, Super said:

Win league cup.

11 hours ago, RumRed said:

Isn’t  the next stage of the Elk Cup 2 legged?  Can’t see us getting through that to the final.  League for me.

This is the point for me. I want to get promoted so that we have a better chance of winning trophies. 

If option is getting promoted or winning our first major trophy, I’ll take the trophy. 

If option is winning a quarter final or maintaining momentum in the league with a tough month to come, I’ll take the momentum. 

I say this is someone who spends a little bit of time most weeks reminding a Liverpool fan of Tinnion’s goal. 

18 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

This is the point for me. I want to get promoted so that we have a better chance of winning trophies. 

If option is getting promoted or winning our first major trophy, I’ll take the trophy. 

If option is winning a quarter final or maintaining momentum in the league with a tough month to come, I’ll take the momentum. 

I say this is someone who spends a little bit of time most weeks reminding a Liverpool fan of Tinnion’s goal. 

Dont you think a win against Man United would give the team incredible belief going into the new year and beyond?  

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Dont you think a win against Man United would give the team incredible belief going into the new year and beyond?  

In a lot of ways yes (albeit sometimes form can collapse after this sort of game). Plus there is the excellent point made above that if mid table in the Prem and a QF, I would prioritise the QF. 

Oh god, I don’t know. We’re talking Brexit margins here. 

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So back to my previously quoted post

This thread is about answering to Red Dave's question not to you, with all due respect. If you want start a thread with a bunch of caveats to what he is asking fair enough and go right ahead. I am shaking my head here because you keep labouring over a complete red herring . Anyway, i have made my point clear. I am not gonna flog a dead horse any more.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

This thread is about answering to Red Dave's question not to you, with all due respect. If you want start a thread with a bunch of caveats to what he is asking fair enough and go right ahead. I am shaking my head here because you keep labouring over a complete red herring . Anyway, i have made my point clear. I am not gonna flog a dead horse any more.

I didn't add any caveats, you added them yourself.

I pointed out that losing one league match wouldn't cost us promotion as there are 45 other ones, so with all due respect, don't bullshit to try and backtrack out of what was said.

So much an interesting thread! I came in to it thinking “it’s not even a worthy question. Best Forest all day long” however, I now agree with many who have changed their mind. It’s about how you look at it....

The League IS our priority, but one result won’t define any teams season. 

My proudest, fondest, moment supporting City has to be that night at Anfield. Of course beating Manchester would live far longer in the memory and become legend. 

Also, it’s not some lucky early round cup draw. We have earned the right to take on the country’s (possibly the world’s) biggest club by getting to the quarter finals. 

It’s got nothing to do with Forest, that just happens to be the preceding fixture. We will lose league games between now & May. 

I have despised Man United my whole life. Beating them would be SO sweet. 

I think people are forgetting how magical big cup wins are. 

Isn’t it just amazing to be competing at levels where this question even arises!

Truth is, we could lose both, finish 10th and it will have been a good season. The potential improvements on that are SO exciting!

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So much an interesting thread! I came in to it thinking “it’s not even a worthy question. Best Forest all day long” however, I now agree with many who have changed their mind. It’s about how you look at it....

The League IS our priority, but one result won’t define any teams season. 

My proudest, fondest, moment supporting City has to be that night at Anfield. Of course beating Manchester would live far longer in the memory and become legend. 

Also, it’s not some lucky early round cup draw. We have earned the right to take on the country’s (possibly the world’s) biggest club by getting to the quarter finals. 

It’s got nothing to do with Forest, that just happens to be the preceding fixture. We will lose league games between now & May. 

I have despised Man United my whole life. Beating them would be SO sweet. 

I think people are forgetting how magical big cup wins are. 

Isn’t it just amazing to be competing at levels where this question even arises!

Truth is, we could lose both, finish 10th and it will have been a good season. The potential improvements on that are SO exciting!

What if we finish 2 points behind 2nd? I know at the end of the season we won't be able to look back and say "if only we'd have beaten Forest" but the question is not in hindsight, it's the future... We have to surely choose league over anything right now. 

I change the question: if we had, say, Swansea in the cup and Forest in the league. Would it still be the same percentage, or do people just care because it's United?

League over everything. We have a genuine chance of playing United twice more in the next 18 months if we keep winning league games 

Archived