IGNORED

Two more TV dates

westred1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

The continued rise of the armchair (and international) fan v the season ticket holder

I'd be fine with no football being on the TV ever again. We're second priorty now, as far as Murdoch and the FA are concerned. 

Completely understand the frustration of those planning to attend these games, but for those of us not generally able to make away games, I have to say I look at it as another chance to watch my team on the telly for less than £7 with a Sky Sports day pass. 

It does have to be remembered that for all the bad things about television and football, which I'm not denying, ultimately it does enable more fans to enjoy watching their team play when they wouldn't otherwise be able to.

4 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I blame @Never to the dark side to be honest! 

And has anybody noticed that nobody blames Lee Johnson anymore. He just had to become manager for all that nonsense to end didn't he. 

25 minutes ago, Malago said:

Save the melodramy for the local Amdram Society,  Major.

I think he should be court martialled; we just want a straight answer for once you Corporal behaving drama queen.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Next year will be even worse ! 

Mrs Isewater is already confuddled over kick off times and days this year .

The poor love .

Sky have no heart .

Mrs Judda is confused. 

Judda is confused. 

Even Judda junior is confused and they'r not cider addled !

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd be fine with no football being on the TV ever again. We're second priorty now, as far as Murdoch and the FA are concerned. 

So that £100m+ we would receive for being in the Prem isn't compensation enough for a handful of awkward kick off times? 

Granted, it's slightly different in the Championship and below but the (circa) £50k we will receive for TV revenue is £50k more money than we would normally get for an away game.

3 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

So that £100m+ we would receive for being in the Prem isn't compensation enough for a handful of awkward kick off times? 

Granted, it's slightly different in the Championship and below but the (circa) £50k we will receive for TV revenue is £50k more money than we would normally get for an away game.

In a perfect world, for me, there wouldn't be a pot of gold for being in the Premiership, there wouldn't be a bombardment of adverts everywhere you look regarding football, and there wouldn't be footballers on 500k a week.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In a perfect world, for me, there wouldn't be a pot of gold for being in the Premiership, there wouldn't be a bombardment of adverts everywhere you look regarding football, and there wouldn't be footballers on 500k a week.

I agree with what you are saying but the reality is if we want to have the finances to be able to compete at the top level being in the Prem is the only way to achieve it in the long term.

If we didnt have the money sloshing around at the top level (as vulgar as it is) there would be no reason for anyone to invest in our clubs and the quality of football on show at all levels would be poorer for it.

19 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I agree with what you are saying but the reality is if we want to have the finances to be able to compete at the top level being in the Prem is the only way to achieve it in the long term.

If we didnt have the money sloshing around at the top level (as vulgar as it is) there would be no reason for anyone to invest in our clubs and the quality of football on show at all levels would be poorer for it.

Of course yeah, its the way it is and no amount of moaning on an online forum is going to change that.

10 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Not at the moment. When we reached the Championship Play-off Final in 08 we were on TV at least 9 times. These are the matches I recall from memory: Man C, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield United, Watford, Stoke, C Palace then C Palace twice in semis of play offs and then Hull City in final.

Watford away, what a game!

Archived