IGNORED

Two more TV dates

westred1

• Admin
18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Doesn`t the game need to be an away sell out before it`s allowed? No way PNE will be if so.

It`s normally the reverse fixtures of any we`ve beamed back from AG too - did we do that with Leeds this season?

No - just in agreement between the two sides

1 hour ago, kevthered said:

It was not long ago that people were moaning that we was not on enough..... Understand the away supporters who go regulary and had made plans but personally I can't make either of those games so glad its on the telly even if it is on Friday night.

What bugs is the fact that I bought a subscription to BCTV which I thought would let me watch the matches live from my humble abode in France .

Every time Sky decide to show a live City match that is one more that I have paid for that I will not see. 

The better and more interesting this season becomes the less I can watch their progress.

I find this unjust and believe that something should be done .

For example, there could be a minimum number of matches guaranteed and if that number is not achieved a partial refund or a period free . 

Audio commentary by Radio Bristol is nowhere near close to the reality of the game as it unfolds and is only useful for the goals or incidents.

I will try to find streams for these matches but the quality is often dubious and the risk of importing a virus or other nastiness from the internet is real .

I'm delighted that we're doing well and getting national attention for all our efforts but this injustice takes the shine off it a bit.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What bugs is the fact that I bought a subscription to BCTV which I thought would let me watch the matches live from my humble abode in France .

Every time Sky decide to show a live City match that is one more that I have paid for that I will not see. 

The better and more interesting this season becomes the less I can watch their progress.

For example, there could be a minimum number of matches guaranteed and if that number is not achieved a partial refund or a period free . 

Audio commentary by Radio Bristol is nowhere near close to the reality of the game as it unfolds and is only useful for the goals or incidents.

I will try to find streams for these matches but the quality is often dubious and the risk of importing a virus or other nastiness from the internet is real .

I'm delighted that we're doing well and getting national attention for all our efforts but this injustice takes the shine off it a bit.

Major,  I have been streaming football and especially City games,  when on,  for years now and have never imported,  as you put it,  any virus or nastiness on my laptop. I was considering a subscription to BCTV,  but thought I would wait until there were reviews by forum members and from what i hear about problems,  I think I will stick with streaming for the time being.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Did not know that ..can see why it bugs you I would be annoyed as well ...Might as well come home Major also there are a lot of frogs in wheelchairs

12 hours ago, kevthered said:

It was not long ago that people were moaning that we was not on enough..... Understand the away supporters who go regulary and had made plans but personally I can't make either of those games so glad its on the telly even if it is on Friday night.

I would have gone to both on the train so it's saved me a pretty penny (lucklly hadn't quite bought advance tickets) part of me is disappointed as the Derby game could have been a big following for a top 6 clash, but there again personally always quite happy watching it from my sofa too. 

The fixtures should be locked at the start of the season, so when you buy a season ticket you know what you are paying for and you know when to book annual leave if needed.

Or get rid of the 3pm Saturday rule, so Sky can show more games then, rather than increasingly obscure days and times.

On 13/12/2017 at 13:10, ForeverRes said:

Shocking.... no one is going to go to these games!! How do they expect away fans to travel those distances when most finish work around 5! 

They don’t expect or want you to. They want you to watch on the tele, which is kinda their reason for existing.

On 13/12/2017 at 15:34, Red Right Hand said:

Still not as shite as 5:30 on a Saturday. It bollixes up the whole day if you live a fair way away like I do. At least a 3pm KO I`m home by 7.

This is only one I really don’t like. Buggers up your afternoon and your evening.  :grr:

As to these I don’t really mind. I would’ve have gone to Derby so that’s a shame but I wouldn’t have gone to Bolton so that’s another game I get to see. 

The other point is Friday night can be a real advantage as the season goes on. Win on Friday night and it really ramps the pressure on everyone else playing Saturday. 

Even if you lose there is still pressure on other teams to take advantage.

generally better than playing after everyone else when the pressure is more likely on us not to lose ground. 

Archived