IGNORED

Touting Man Utd tickets - No, no, no!

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

An OTIB user has today tried to tout a Man Utd ticket on here for £100.

The mods rightly stopped this from appearing in public view. The user then tried again and the mods blocked the post again.

Touting is against the law and I'm sure we'd all agree that trying to extract more than 3 times face value from a fellow fan is not acceptable.

For the avoidance of doubt, please be clear that to the extent allowed by data protection legisaltion we reserve the right to report - to the  club and/or police - anyone found trying to make a profit on here from touting Man Utd tickets.

To the user who has already tried this: desist and we'll overlook your two attempts so far. Try again, and face the consequences.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but touting tickets at extortionate prices is just not on.

• The topic was pinned

Just for a laugh, went onto the first listed ticket site on Google. Amusingly Away fan tickets are up there en mass from £140 to an eye watering £592. Although the £592 tickets include free shipping, which is a bonus. 

Is this the most expensive Bristol City ticket ever? 

Just for comparison. You can fly to New York on Tuesday, stay three nights in a 4 star hotel , watch the game in a bar and fly back Friday for £564. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Just for a laugh, went onto the first listed ticket site on Google. Amusingly Away fan tickets are up there en mass from £140 to an eye watering £592. Although the £592 tickets include free shipping, which is a bonus. 

Just for comparison. You can fly to New York on Tuesday, stay three nights in a 4 star hotel , watch the game in a bar and fly back Friday for £564. 

Think this just shows how far we have come in the last couple of seasons, it wasn’t long ago that cotts saved us from ending up in League 2, now Manchester fans are willing to pay eye watering prices to see Joey, Bobby, Flinty & co batter their team and bring about the beginning of the end for Jose.

45 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Well it’s nice to know an enterprising travel agent has set up a package including our match!

2 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

I doubt the £592 one actually exists. It`s just been put on the site to make all the knobs paying £140 think they`re getting a good deal.

`Oooh look, I only had to pay £140, it could have been nearly £600 if I hadn`t got in sharpish`

Idiots.

To be fair, a lot of condemnation on here and the truth is nobody actually knows why this ticket is being sold for so much.

Yes - could be a Clarke Kent wannabe tout **** trying to cash in.

Could also be somebody who has to live hand to mouth and suddenly desperate for cash - car broke down, heating packed up etc and using the only asset he/she can think of to try and resolve even though this is a game they would love to go too.

Just saying - probably the former but if it was the latter then no problem with me - people buy and sell shit on eBay at a profit everyday.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

To be fair, a lot of condemnation on here and the truth is nobody actually knows why this ticket is being sold for so much.

Yes - could be a Clarke Kent wannabe tout **** trying to cash in.

Could also be somebody who has to live hand to mouth and suddenly desperate for cash - car broke down, heating packed up etc and using the only asset he/she can think of to try and resolve even though this is a game they would love to go too.

Just saying - probably the former but if it was the latter then no problem with me - people buy and sell shit on eBay at a profit everyday.

While ticketing touting at football matches is, I believe, illegal and therefore I don't condone it, it's fair to say that everyone rips people off these days. Football clubs are up there with the worst of them. A teabag in a cup of hot water for £2 - what's that all about? Or a football shirt for £70 or £80 quid? Singling out one person for abuse seems a bit unreasonable.

13 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

I bet that’s @TETBURY MASSIVE selling tickets again.....

Archived