IGNORED

Touting Man Utd tickets - No, no, no!

Blagdon red

5 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

While ticketing touting at football matches is, I believe, illegal and therefore I don't condone it, it's fair to say that everyone rips people off these days. Football clubs are up there with the worst of them. A teabag in a cup of hot water for £2 - what's that all about? Or a football shirt for £70 or £80 quid? Singling out one person for abuse seems a bit unreasonable.

no different from costa charging 4 quid for a cup of coffee

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Except, if I bought the coffee (gold price) then tried to resell it for three times the price... 

I think the point is that Costa are already doing that. Just as anyone selling a cup of tea for £2, or a bottle of water for £2.50, is. Last time I went to the cinema, I asked for a small coca-cola. They told me they only had one size (large) and that it was £4. Everywhere you look, we're being ripped off, so it's not just one person

13 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

While ticketing touting at football matches is, I believe, illegal and therefore I don't condone it, it's fair to say that everyone rips people off these days. Football clubs are up there with the worst of them. A teabag in a cup of hot water for £2 - what's that all about? Or a football shirt for £70 or £80 quid? Singling out one person for abuse seems a bit unreasonable.

How about £3650 for a pre match meal?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/you-can-enjoy-michelin-star-920659.amp

16 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think the point is that Costa are already doing that. Just as anyone selling a cup of tea for £2, or a bottle of water for £2.50, is. Last time I went to the cinema, I asked for a small coca-cola. They told me they only had one size (large) and that it was £4. Everywhere you look, we're being ripped off, so it's not just one person

It happens everywhere, a few years ago, I was awaiting a transfer at Helsinki Airport,  they wanted 4.40 euros for the smallest bottle of water,  a rip off. Needless to say I went without, I wasn't that thirsty.

3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It happens everywhere, a few years ago, I was awaiting a transfer at Helsinki Airport,  they wanted 4.40 euros for the smallest bottle of water,  a rip off. Needless to say I went without, I wasn't that thirsty.

There should be a law against charging too much for water. It's a basic human necessity

20 hours ago, Spoons said:

I've got my 4 normal season ticket seats for the game so I'm fine but Ive been looking for a mate of mine who's now free to go. Got lucky last night and bought a ticket for him for £60. In south stand face value £32. 

Your 4 normal season ticket seats? Do you lie across them?

On 14/12/2017 at 17:28, phantom said:

Except, if I bought the coffee (gold price) then tried to resell it for three times the price... 

Every catering establishment sells stuff for three times what the ingredients cost. That’s not all profit, it’s what pays the rent and the wages.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Oh I assure you the likes of Costa and Starbucks still make a massive profit

Of course. I’m just pointing out that a gross profit margin of 65% is perfectly normal in the sector and that involves a 200% markup on the raw materials. Naturally there is often a lot of added value in cooking them to make a meal!

3 minutes ago, Rule The Waves said:

And the whopper who put the second one up left his address on there. 

And phone number.

And email.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

And the whopper who put the second one up left his address on there. 

And phone number.

And email.

I love the first one, they've put in the description that buy it now price is £120 but the current price of the ticket is £26 which is probably a loss on the price they paid :laugh:

Archived