IGNORED

Informative 30 min interview with LJ

spudski

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Obviously LJ is a chi[ off the old block.

Think I am right in saying that when at Cambridge GJ used to get the grass left longer at each end of the pitch. They had quick strikers/wingers so that way, when the ball was played over the top and behind the defence, it would hold up in the longer grass for his forwards to pick up.

That's bloody clever that is.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Amazing that a man who cares so deeply about the little 1% margins would believe in horoscopes. 

Can confirm that I regularly give LJ his horoscope reading.

On Saturday, he will witness men kicking a ball and on Wednesday, he will have a Sky camera trained on his face during the evening.

I'm that good. 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Noble was a class act and one of the most naturally gifted footballers I've ever seen. 

Chatted to him several times at various events and he was almost embarrassed when I told him that. 

Agreed. Also chatted to him at various events. Typically bars and clubs during the early hours of the weekend.

Seemed a nice bloke. I even held his phone as he pissed against a wall.

As for the podcast, I must say it was really good and found it interesting.

Lots of good points above.

I like the fact LJ is always respectful toward the interviewer and the questions asked. Always gives an honest reply without getting defensive or angry - even when things were going badly wrong laat season.

Cotts gave us a great year but the contempt he seemed to have to journalists just trying to do their job was embarrassing at times and downright rude.   

3 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Lots of good points above.

I like the fact LJ is always respectful toward the interviewer and the questions asked. Always gives an honest reply without getting defensive or angry - even when things were going badly wrong laat season.

Cotts gave us a great year but the contempt he seemed to have to journalists just trying to do their job was embarrassing at times and downright rude.   

At least he didn`t get asked a `stupid question`

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Agreed. Also chatted to him at various events. Typically bars and clubs during the early hours of the weekend.

Seemed a nice bloke. I even held his phone as he pissed against a wall.

As for the podcast, I must say it was really good and found it interesting.

Are you sure it was his phone?

Not come across Michelle Owen before, but compared to Gregor McBoatyface, she was Premier League to his Downs league.

Very informed, some quite leading questions and not frightened to ask them.

Also fair play to LJ for spending 20 minutes of his valuable time to answer questions from someone who has an audience of hundreds or maybe a couple of thousand at best.

Shame the mass market channels can’t provide us with such incisive and informative interviews.

6 hours ago, zippycar said:

Not come across Michelle Owen before, but compared to Gregor McBoatyface, she was Premier League to his Downs league.

Very informed, some quite leading questions and not frightened to ask them.

Michelle :wub:

Oh, sorry, slightly distracted (again)...

I'll be listening on the way to work to distract me from the England batting collapse I just witnessed.

What I like about LJ is he makes me see the game in a completely different way.

I know he has said he has simplified things but to me it all sounds quite complicated. Or was it that he had to simplify it for the players and then gradually increase the complexity of things as the players become adjusted?

The guy even gives himself a certain about of time to think about certain things. That is just crazy.

I sometimes feel LJ does give to much away in these interviews. Whilst it's great to hear about him measuring grass and the reasons for doing so then surely other clubs are able to now copy these things and maybe cut their grass to a length that doesn't suit us?

Finally I must add that the Podcast was of extreme high quality. It was almost as of the BBC etc had produced it rather than the post.

Archived