IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

Heard a few times that he's very highly rated at Everton. Hasn't worked for him at Birmingham but that's what happens when panic loans/signings occur on deadline day.

I like these types of signings from Premier League U23 squads. We did it with Pearson (350k from MUFC) and Johnson (50k from Villa and now they're 2 of the best in this league. It's an affordable way of signing young talent.

11 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Nixon a bit further down the trail also says he has heard we are going in big for a striker in January!!! Sure someone else mentioned that on here recently as well

I take it going in big is a reference to a big fee so £10m+ striker?

Could well be an indication as to our intent, just hope it works out well and we push on to a top two place and automatic promotion!

Just now, Monkeh said:

Alan Nixon = bullshit he's got nothing right for the past 2 seasons and lost all credibility in the summer when he said we'd be selling flint

In all fairness we would have sold if someone came in with the right price, we rightly stood our ground when they didn’t.

no idea if he talks billshit or not in general

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Heard a few times that he's very highly rated at Everton. Hasn't worked for him at Birmingham but that's what happens when panic loans/signings occur on deadline day.

I like these types of signings from Premier League U23 squads. We did it with Pearson (350k from MUFC) and Johnson (50k from Villa and now they're 2 of the best in this league. It's an affordable way of signing young talent.

Me too....especially in the January window, unless one of your summer targets becomes available.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Looks class here. I think we spent close to a million on Bakinson, so maybe 1 million is the going rate for a quality young prospect.

Looks like he'd fit right into our system, good with the ball at his feet, composed in situations with people around him and a good range of passing. If he's available for £1m then it seems like a great move. 

4 hours ago, super slick said:

Linked with a £1m move early in January according to Alan Nixon from the sun.

Midfielder who was on loan at Birmingham but didn’t play at all under Cotterill and returned to Everton in November.

Meh. Need proven experienced quality to get us over the line

Just now, tinman85 said:

Not saying we won't. Just hope we don't make the same mistake as Jan 2008 

But that shouldn't make the potential signing of a player less interesting/exciting. Obviously if we're signing a striker or a CM then top level experience is ideal, but that shouldn't make the prospect of a decent young player worth less. It's kind of irrelevant right now, unless we didn't sign any other players, which I highly doubt.

29 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Meh. Need proven experienced quality to get us over the line

Johnson has always (and again recently in an interview) said if the right young player becomes available then we'll be interested, this guy looks like someone who could go for £5m plus in a few years time if he develops right. Fully expect Johnson to also be looking at the Bannan/Johnson type midfielder he's talked about in addition to this. Walsh to me looks like a potential combination of Pack and Brownhill. Will start moves from the back (Pack) but also moves up the pitch, composed passing in tight spaces (Brownhill). 

36 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If I had to guess I might say Nahki Wells

Wonder if Wells could be available on loan, would allow Burnley to see where they finish this season, they could finish high enough that a new striker could be on their radar through money earned and Wells isn't good enough and looked to move on, or if they slide down the table could still be a squad player. 

Archived