IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

3 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Walsh is a good prospect but I can't see him marching in and taking a place in the first team yet  but this time next tear I can see him being a first team player, bit like Brownhills

Who knows, he might just wow us and turn into the first name on the teamsheet 

3 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

A mate is a bluenose ST states Walsh is only decent player he has seen in a blue shirt all season. However at training it allegedly kicked off between Brammal (sp) Walsh and Stockdale. One has a broken arm and the other two haven’t been seen since. Posted about this early in the thread

so he is a bit fiery then...Hope he has the right DNA and all that nonsense

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I’m genuinely interested to answers? Know nothing about him.

Another young, promising player for the future. Creative midfielder, seemed to impress at Yeovil when he was there last season. From the little I've seen he looks to have great ball control. Not "the answer", but a good young talent by all accounts. 

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Another young, promising player for the future. Creative midfielder, seemed to impress at Yeovil when he was there last season. From the little I've seen he looks to have great ball control. Not "the answer", but a good young talent by all accounts. 

Some great vision there, thanks for posting. Looks both footed too!

36 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

A bit worrying. Hope for more statement signings. 

Why do you keep going on about big signings. The philosophy of the club in the main is to find young un’s , coach them well, make them better then either sell for a profit or they’ll help take us up . You seem to live in the world of fifa 

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

A mate is a bluenose ST states Walsh is only decent player he has seen in a blue shirt all season. However at training it allegedly kicked off between Brammal (sp) Walsh and Stockdale. One has a broken arm and the other two haven’t been seen since. Posted about this early in the thread

Just out of interest, as Stockdake has been playing, does that mean he’s been playing with a broken arm?

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Statement signings like Brownhill, Paterson, Flint etc? You talk like you expect us to be bringing in the league’s best players left right and centre. This isn’t championship manager. 

Absolutely...we are being run incredibly prudently from what I can see and doing very well with it

9 hours ago, tinman85 said:

A bit worrying. Hope for more statement signings. 

I still struggle to see why people expect the club to change their transfer policy in the short term, when they have a very clear long term plan. There may be a bigger signing in the pipeline, it's only 5 days in to the window after all, but I really don't see it being anyone that the average fan knows of.

8 hours ago, kevthered said:

so he is a bit fiery then...Hope he has the right DNA and all that nonsense

Yes, because worrying about their DNA has proven to be nonsense so far hasn't It? 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I still struggle to see why people expect the club to change their transfer policy in the short term, when they have a very clear long term plan. There may be a bigger signing in the pipeline, it's only 5 days in to the window after all, but I really don't see it being anyone that the average fan knows of.

Yes, because worrying about their DNA has proven to be nonsense so far hasn't It? 

We have our best opportunity in ten years to achieve the promised land. To do this we need experience and proven quality to supplement the young talent we have. That is my view and I won't change that. Respect others opinions as we are all entitled to them. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We have our best opportunity in ten years to achieve the promised land. To do this we need experience and proven quality to supplement the young talent we have. That is my view and I won't change that. Respect others opinions as we are all entitled to them. 

I am not disrespecting anyone's opinions,  I am just questioning why someone should want to break what is working. My opinion is that the club will continue with their current policies and nothing has been said by the management team, that would suggest that. 

I believe their opinion is that they just need a couple of young, hungry and talented players to rotate the squad and give the current successful group, some much needed rest because of our playing style. 

Also, and this has been said before, don't underestimate the effect on the group that signing a big name on big wages can have.

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

So you expect the club to rip up what SL has wanted to implement for years ? We ended up with a £18m wage bill after chasing the dream last time and it set us back years. It’s not just the fee for the player , you have to pay wages relavant to the price paid. Yes you have your opinion but it ain’t going to happen . It’s been great seeing the progress made by josh, Callum , joe , bobby and going down the so called proven route doesn’t always work . Tomlin ? 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am not disrespecting anyone's opinions,  I am just questioning why someone should want to break what is working. My opinion is that the club will continue with their current policies and nothing has been said by the management team, that would suggest that. 

I believe their opinion is that they just need a couple of young, hungry and talented players to rotate the squad and give the current successful group, some much needed rest because of our playing style. 

Also, and this has been said before, don't underestimate the effect on the group that signing a big name on big wages can have.

Agree. 

The key is that for where we are now they need to have the talent to come in and play at the level we are at now.

For example, COD, Brownhill, Maggers, Pato have all improved immensely this season, but it seemed to take a year for LJ to get them to the level. So agree I'd prefer (as most on here seem to do also), that we stick with the current recruitment model, but it would seem a real shame if we only buy players that we know might need a loan or a few months to be ready for top level Champ football. 

41 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

And who says it’s one or the other and that we’re not looking to bring in some proven talent too? The window’s only been open a couple of days. 

Also as for the last ‘been there and done it’ player we brought in....he can now barely get off the bench at Cardiff (literally if he keeps packing the pies in)

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And who says it’s one or the other and that we’re not looking to bring in some proven talent too? The window’s only been open a couple of days. 

Also as for the last ‘been there and done it’ player we brought in....he can now barely get off the bench at Cardiff (literally if he keeps packing the pies in)

And let’s not get started on Gary O’Neill. The only “proven” top player that has worked out for us recently is Baker, the rest were either bit part players in their own team or from a lower / foreign league. 

52 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Would you be happy if we signed Jordan Rhodes? He has Championship experience and proven quality. Just what you're advocating.

I wouldn't be at all happy. Sheffield Wednesday would no doubt be delighted.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

So it's a deal because some bloke called John says he's signed and Wiki backs up the loan date .:yes:

I have something even less scientific to add...... the main website has gone very quiet, which I feel it always does approaching a signing or some other big announcement. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have something even less scientific to add...... the main website has gone very quiet, which I feel it always does approaching a signing or some other big announcement. :ph34r:

Expecting something today given that JM said there may be 1 or 2 in before Watford. You’d think that wouldn’t be said unless there was something concrete. 

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

There is enough experience here already.  We just need good players that's all..

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

What we need is a midfielder who does not run out of ideas in around the opponents box, that is what we are lacking in midfield.

Archived