IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What we need is a midfielder who does not run out of ideas in around the opponents box, that is what we are lacking in midfield.

Can I say that is *exactly* the kind of midfielder we need. And one not afraid to actually shoot. Amazing how Korey is so reluctant to take a shot when he's near the penalty area. Same for Pack. Ok, neither are any good (although Pack is possibly slightly better than he used to be. Slightly...).

A midfielder with a killer pass. Dare I say his name anymore on here, but someone with an eye like To*lin. 

2 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Can I say that is *exactly* the kind of midfielder we need. And one not afraid to actually shoot. Amazing how Korey is so reluctant to take a shot when he's near the penalty area. Same for Pack. Ok, neither are any good (although Pack is possibly slightly better than he used to be. Slightly...).

A midfielder with a killer pass. Dare I say his name anymore on here, but someone with an eye like To*lin. 

But a player who applies himself, is consistent, doesn't have an ego bigger than his talent and is fit.

18 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

:whistle:

korey-smith.jpg

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don’t think age is really too big a factor. Fielding, Bryan, Flint, Pack, Wright, Smith, Pato all very experienced at this level. 

I`ve been making this point on other threads. We have quite a few players now with 100+ championship games behind them so we can`t keep on using the `young and inexperienced` excuse any more.

If we haven`t got enough players with enough experience at this level now we never will have. If you`re good enough, you`re old enough. I`d much rather we signed someone who wants it more rather than some 30something just looking for a last payday.

There are exceptions though, players that would improve us IMO - Lasse Vibe for instance.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve been making this point on other threads. We have quite a few players now with 100+ championship games behind them so we can`t keep on using the `young and inexperienced` excuse any more.

If we haven`t got enough players with enough experience at this level now we never will have. If you`re good enough, you`re old enough. I`d much rather we signed someone who wants it more rather than some 30something just looking for a last payday.

There are exceptions though, players that would improve us IMO - Lasse Vibe for instance.

Absolutely. Not sure why everyone equates age to experience. Take Korey and GON - one is experienced and the other is old and experienced. Who would you rather have in the team?! 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. Not sure why everyone equates age to experience. Take Korey and GON - one is experienced and the other is old and experienced. Who would you rather have in the team?! 

Exactly this. When does a player qualify as `experienced`? After 100 games? 200? When they`re over 26? If they`re playing for a club that is traditionally a playoff contender?

If LJ/MA think a player will improve our squad and we sign them I don`t really care if they`ve played 50 championship games or 500, how old they are or who they play for.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly this. When does a player qualify as `experienced`? After 100 games? 200? When they`re over 26? If they`re playing for a club that is traditionally a playoff contender?

If LJ/MA think a player will improve our squad and we sign them I don`t really care if they`ve played 50 championship games or 500, how old they are or who they play for.

Indeed. Considerably more hits than misses on LJs track record so would be fully behind anyone that they deem fit to bring in.

And furthermore I’d be 100% confident that the player was a good character and was coming here for the right reasons, which is every bit as important as technical ability. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He got in the box first half only for Blind to make a great last ditch tackle :P

;)

He did not know where he was so looked up to see where the goal was, and that split second cost him. A bit of awareness and he just boots it and scores. Two goals in one game, maybe it's best it did not happen, not sure Korey's heart could cope.

On 13/12/2017 at 17:53, super slick said:

Linked with a £1m move early in January according to Alan Nixon from the sun.

Midfielder who was on loan at Birmingham but didn’t play at all under Cotterill and returned to Everton in November.

Six pages later people are still getting excited all on a rumour in the sun. Can you dig it! 

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I have to be honest - when we scored that goal "bloody hell- we've beaten United" was only my second thought. My immediate first reaction honestly was "bloody hell - Korey Smith scored..."

Where were you in Round one!!!!! :P

44 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He did not know where he was so looked up to see where the goal was, and that split second cost him. A bit of awareness and he just boots it and scores. Two goals in one game, maybe it's best it did not happen, not sure Korey's heart could cope.

Didn’t he score twice at Cheltenham in the Ppaint Pot Trophy

Thought we’d found a goal scoring midfielder !!!

Archived