IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just gone from happy to depressed in 5 seconds. Meh! :(

It's a worry isn't it. Can't say I expect him to go but always a worry when we bring in a player from the side he's been most linked with.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Grew up in the same part of Liverpool (Huyton) according to one on their forum so he`s always going to be his hero I guess.

Plus Gerrard has always been an Everton fan and Walsh's Dad is a Liverpool fan who used to take him to Anfield.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It is ZE but we can't stand in JB's way if it is him and he wants to go. 

Very true. Got to do right by the player as well, just said on their forums that he'll be playing PL football next season, with or without us.

Good interview @AdamB

:thumbsup:

Impressed with the lad - seems confident & assured and sounds like both himself and Lee think they’re a good match and a good match for Bristol City

Noticed he said he’d watched our TV appearances - our performances and the atmosphere appear to have impressed 

Have a feeling he’s just what we need style wise and looking forward to seeing him play - have a hunch he’s going to be a hit

He's a 20 year old who's been at Goodison since the age of 5.

Huge move for him, vitally important we make him welcome so he feels at home at AG from day 1, and stick with him.

Gut instinct says this is a great signing and the views of the disappointed Everton fans hopefully back that up.

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just watched his video, does he come with subtitles? :whistle:

Liam, we're Bristol CITY mate, Bristol are a rugby club. 

Yeah, but you'd think Adam Baker might give him the heads up on that before the interview....

Let's go glass half empty - We have just signed a midfielder not good enough for one of the Championship's relegation strugglers......

I really hope that it all works out, but he has only played 18 League games, 15 for Yeovil Town in League Two, the other 3 above.  I'm certainly not expecting him to make an immediate impact, keeping expectations realistic, but hopefully he will get a better chance to develop his career at City than at Everton, and become a great asset.

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Called us a little club in his first interview. He’s my new default scapegoat for whenever we lose a game. 

Also called us Bristol, said it’s heart wrenching to leave Everton.  Media training needed ASAP  :laugh:

Did he really? Haha ffs :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Let's go glass half empty - We have just signed a midfielder not good enough for one of the Championship's relegation strugglers......

I really hope that it all works out, but he has only played 18 League games, 15 for Yeovil Town in League Two, the other 3 above.  I'm certainly not expecting him to make an immediate impact, keeping expectations realistic, but hopefully he will get a better chance to develop his career at City than at Everton, and become a great asset.

You are worried about the fact that Cotterill, a man who was so against our youth players that he preferred to have spaces on the bench, didn't play him in a relegation struggle? I would have been shocked if he even spoke to him.

Is this our first Walsh since the legendary Alan? Will he be able to do the Walshy shuffle?

I know nothing about Liam Walsh other than what I've read on here and the official site. Sounds like we've signed a promising player who offers something a little different to our midfield.

Welcome to Bristol City, Liam.

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just watched his video, does he come with subtitles? :whistle:

Liam, we're Bristol CITY mate, Bristol are a rugby club. 

Swansea are Swansea City but everyone calls them Swansea.

Cardiff are Cardiff City but everyone calls them Cardiff.

Hull are Hull City but everyone calls them Hull.

Common theme? They’re all one-club cities. If anyone should be offended when people call us “Bristol”, it isn’t us!

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

You are worried about the fact that Cotterill, a man who was so against our youth players that he preferred to have spaces on the bench, didn't play him in a relegation struggle? I would have been shocked if he even spoke to him.

Before I get too much stick, I had better add that opening statement is tongue in cheek, and I actually think it's potentially a very good signing. Just need to keep expectations for this season realistic.

Archived