IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he may well be involved Tues if only off the bench

Had occurred to me Bob, but LJ may want to give the squad who have got City this far in the Cup priority.

Doesn't look like it would faze him though, and if not Tuesday it won't be long before he makes his debut imo.

13 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Not so sure he will be starting too many games and see him as another 'one for the future'...at the stated fee was well worth the punt..

We shall see...

Yeh,  Norwich next week will do.

In the position we are in at present and how vital it is to get players in to get us over the line, why would Lee piss about with 'ones for the future' 

I think Lee sees this lad as one for now who will improve our team immediately.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

In the position we are in at present and how vital it is to get players in to get us over the line, why would Lee piss about with 'ones for the future' 

From the comments about "hitting the ground running" and the way this was announced, think the intention is to improve immediately.

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Had occurred to me Bob, but LJ may want to give the squad who have got City this far in the Cup priority.

Doesn't look like it would faze him though, and if not Tuesday it won't be long before he makes his debut imo.

Have absolutely no reason to justify it 

But just have a feeling , a pure footballing hunch that the stage could be set for him 

:thumbsup:

;)

and growing up where he did you can bet that he can look after himself ;)

He is here to compete for a 1st team place, no question. Good little signing this, we were a midfielder short as a minimum. Gives us cover and could actually give LJ some selection problems. Also young, energetic, likes a tackle, can pass with both feet and talks on the pitch. Sounds like the perfect addition.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

If you pick out the Everton fans' comments from within the hilarious Villa nonsense, there's a whole load of disappointment that they've sold him:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcfctweets/status/949336113126273025

Really good vibes for us when a Prem team are disappointed to lose a 20 year old.

Never mind that I fooking hate all Villa, someone remind them what a bunch of bottlers they are, Oh and that brilliant away win back in the 70's when they came for us in the ground and then ran away, 

AND

A good signing that sticks with the plan to sign quality young talent.

The worst kept secret about our transfer dealings this Jan - think it’s been obvious to everyone this one has been coming for a while and I’m really excited about this guy.

Sounds like he will fit right into our style of play and offer us something else we don’t have.

Could be our very own Barry Bannan, hopefully. Welcome Liam!

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have absolutely no reason to justify it 

But just have a feeling , a pure footballing hunch that the stage could be set for him 

:thumbsup:

;)

and growing up where he did you can bet that he can look after himself ;)

Wouldn't rule it out - he certainly didn't look like he had when AdamB asked him about it - so perhaps he already knows it's very much on the cards?

Or maybe he'll settle in against Norwich and the stage will be truly set for him at AG in the 2nd leg?

Welcome Liam! As I said in my post about 6 pages ago, having watched him for half a season at Yeovil when he was 18 it was clear he was a class 2 footed box to box midfielder who likes a tackle.

You only have to read the Everton comments to see how good he is and how highly rated. He is definitely not 'one for the future', he is ready now. IMO he will become an instant crowd favourite. We are all in for a treat, a great signing.

31 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Well,Seing as he has zero experience im not digging it..at least he's 'fresh outa' the box!

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Without wanting to put a downer on what could potentially be a good signing, but does anyone know why he didn’t play more for Birmingham given their situation if he has such great qualities?

Perhaps their manager doesn't like playing loan players, has he got previous, anyone know? :whistle:

Archived