IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

I may be completely wrong, wouldn't be the first time or the last, but I have to say.
I am more excited by this signing ( the reaction from Everton fans helps too) than the prospect of paying £12m for Hugill.
This sort of signing has been the cornerstone of our recent success. Would have loved him to have been available for tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Without wanting to put a downer on what could potentially be a good signing, but does anyone know why he didn’t play more for Birmingham given their situation if he has such great qualities?

Rumours of some bust up between some players but couldn’t track down anything in their Forum 

5 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Only one question whitch bothers me, why didnt he get in to the Birmingham team?

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Without wanting to put a downer on what could potentially be a good signing, but does anyone know why he didn’t play more for Birmingham given their situation if he has such great qualities?

Funnily enough Birmingham fans gutted about it too on Twitter. Reckon he’ll fit right in with the way we play and are ‘excited’ about seeing his goal gif when he inevitably scores against them. A ‘proper talent’ apparently. 

19 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-transfers-liam-walsh-1014714

Cotterill explained the reasoning: “He wasn't going to be ahead of the players already in there (central midfield).

We'd had a chat after the first week or two and I'd said just give me a little bit of time to look at it.

And then when I think he wasn't going to get a game there were probably a few more conversations on whether he should go back or not.

I've got nothing but good things to say about him. He's a great kid who had a lovely smile on his face every day he came in.

There was no animosity either way, but I didn't see him getting in ahead of what we had, so it was a clean decision.”

I fear Steve may live to regret this but then Harry did leave him with a bloated squad.

Good posts on Everton Forum

( I havnt left any negative posts out - there wasn’t a single negative one about him - some lovely comment from the Everton fans including about us)

:city:

smashing player for us at U23 level, you won’t hear bad stories about him on here. Talented in possession but gets stuck in. Strikes a ball well from set pieces. He was a big hit at Yeovil but picked up a nasty injury after he got picked for the young England squad that won the World Cup.

Lots of us thought he was next cab on the rank to join the first team but it hasn’t happened and others are ahead of him in the queue. His loan spell at Birmingham was a surprise, but the change in Manager didn’t help. You won’t find the lad wanting for attitude despite his diminutive size. The big unknown is whether he can consistently perform at Championship level. We all wish him well, he’s a goodun.

Undisclosed, word is around £1m. Good luck to the lad, he's joined a good club.

Fair enough. Decent team Bristol City.

Was going to say this myself. We have lost a genuine gem I think. Hope that there is a buyback clause but that would mean someone with transfer acumen at the club....

this lad is better than Davies, Baningime etc and should have got a chance in the First Team in the second half of the season. Meanwhile we’ve still got Schneiderlin, Klaasen, Besic & McCarthy all wasting places in our First Team squad.

I hope this is similar to the Deulofeu deal in that we can bring him back over the next couple of years if he pushes on.

Good that he has gone to a good footballing team like Bristol City

Seemed to be on the cards, but still taken aback and genuinely sad. @ZiderEyed you're lucky - check out ciderspace too to see what Yeovil fans used to say about him - I know it was a couple of levels down, but it was also a couple of years ago and the way a slight looking teenager helped turn around the season for a club that looked like falling out of the football league was impressive.
Hopefully we'll get him back some day!

Very disappointed in this,this lad is far more likely to succeed in the PL than Dowell. Like Dowell he has the talent but he also has tenacity which Dowell very very much lacks. We’ve sold the wrong youngster in my opinion.

Im gutted mate. Really am.

Good thing I didn't buy that shirt with Walsh on the back.. my grand idea to bolster his reputation within the club.. Bristol City are definitely my second club now. I truly hope he delivers in his potential.

:clapping:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

What a bizarre post.

Think the Everton fans reactions speak louder than the fact Cotts binned him off so soon, especially in the position they are in.

We have signed a 20 year old, who is undoubtedly one for the future rather than now, but who comes with a very decent pedigree.

Looks a very good fit for the way LJ plays the game to me.

Deliberately so. As I said in another post, exactly the right signing for the future, and deliberately over-stating the negative to try and keep immediate expectations realistic. 

And let's not forget that loan spells are always an accurate indication, just wonder what happened to Danny Rose and Lewis Dunk, two of our less than inspiring loanees. And yes, that is irony, not serious!

6 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Not sure where you've gotten that from, but it's certainly not true. 

Welcome, Liam. 

6 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Not sure where you've gotten that from, but it's certainly not true. 

Welcome, Liam. 

Popcorn at the ready 

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Theres that photo of Gerrard in a full Everton kit isn't there?

There is, I remember reading his uncle took him to take a picture alongside some EFC silverware, think he was six or something.

3 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Maybe confused with Carragher, who was an Everton supporter.

Quite possibly. 

37 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Probably because theyre a shower of shite and are using their high earners to completely wreck their season!

I would suggest Harry Redknapp has a well trained eye as to talented footballers and hence getting Walsh in on loan. Unfortunately the rest of the team were shite and the three games he played in ended in defeat for the blues

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Looks like @ZiderEyed went the other way on a free transfer.

We were lucky to get that much for him :thumbsup:

Screenshot_2018-01-05-20-56-46.png

This is a big step for me, I want to continue talking shite at the highest level possible, and when I heard grandoldteam were in for me, I felt I had to make that jump.

Archived