IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

2 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Have Everton got a sale on or something, because i mean Barkley has also just gone for a bargain and now Walsh for 1m? Can't say i've seen this fella play but by the comments he sounds like a starlet who should be more than the fee of 1m

Possibly doing whatever they can so finances work for Cenk Tosun.

Is it true that he is only 5 ft 6in? I know that doesn't mean you can't be a good ball player but is there a possibility at his age and size that he could get bullied out of the game in this league? It is quite physical and even bigger players can struggle until they fill out a bit - as LJ has mentioned with Bobby Reid. 

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is it true that he is only 5 ft 6in? I know that doesn't mean you can't be a good ball player but is there a possibility at his age and size that he could get bullied out of the game in this league? It is quite physical and even bigger players can struggle until they fill out a bit - as LJ has mentioned with Bobby Reid. 

Looks to have decent build and has a reputation for putting himself about

Growing up in Huyton I don’t think he will be bullied ;)

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Without wanting to put a downer on what could potentially be a good signing, but does anyone know why he didn’t play more for Birmingham given their situation if he has such great qualities?

Bluenose mate of mine said he was a light weight and a bit of a show pony.  Probably sour grapes cos they're rubbish but that was his view.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It shows how obscene modern football is if £15m is now a ‘bargain’....

I don't like it but when you take in the money in the prem yes its a bargain. Chelsea paid 35m for danny drinkwater ffs and when you put other recent transfer in the mix it doesn't exactly look good on Everton's part

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Apparently he’s hard as nails and likes a tackle also. Very hard to knock off the ball so say the Everton fans on their forum as well as experiencing League 2 with Yeovil - I don’t think he’s a shrinking violet 

Reading these comments sounds promising

Tragic. One of the most talented youngsters to come through the ranks leaves without so much as a run in the first team. On the same day as Barkley leaving too. Tells us where this club is heading. Big Sam has no interest in youngsters, developing potential or Everton's future.

Sad to see this transfer to be honest. Was hoping for big things from him. Good luck in your future career Liam. I hope we've inserted a clause with us being given 1st option if you ever move on. I wonder does this mean Joe Bryan moving in the oposite direction. He looks like a decent player.

Just posted on the Barkley thread. This is worse than RB leaving for me as this kid has talent in abundance that we never got to see, cause we always play two defensive midfielders. He'll probably be back in the Premier League next season, bossing our lot.

I was about to ask if we have inserted a buy back clause, but then I remembered this is the Everton board we're talking about.

Liam (3) just posted an almost identical letter on the Barkley thread, Absolutely gutted, what is going on at our club.

How much bad news can I take in one day? RB now Liam without so much as a sniff at the first team. A shambles and we still have the Derby game tonight! Ah well they say these things come in 3's!

I struggle to understand why Liam was never given a decent opportunity to prove himself in the first team. Further galls me that an often out-of-sorts Tom Davies is given chance after chance yet it's clear to those of us who've seen them both on the same pitch who is the vastly better playe

It's the hope that kills you. After RB left I thought at least we have Liam Walsh coming through...then bosh, another hope trampled... 

This is a worse blow than the Barkley move. Bad news comes in threes, more to follow.

Like many others I am not happy as I thought he was a cert to make it if given the chance.
One would have to think that Unsie would have been asked for an opinion as to whether to keep him or sell?

Absolutely gutted, but I wish him every success. Big mistake letting Liam go

- Skilful player? Check.
- Suited to building a team focused on fluid, attacking football? Check.
- Utility type players already available in the squad? Check.

We mustn't build him up too much, he hasn't much experience at senior football so imagine he'll only have bench appearances for a while (a bit like Brownhill, O'Dowda etc when they first joined). Needs to be given time to prove himself, will make some mistakes to start with but we seem to have the knack on taking these talented youngsters to the next level.

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'll try not to overreact but it's clear we've signed the next Scholes.

Well no because he’d definitely be in their side. Interesting to see plenty really rate him though , some thinking he’s better than Tom Davies . Having not seen him in the prem though I’m not sure how they can  say that. Very exciting signing all the same . Got 4 quality central midfielders now. 

Completely read your post wrong , so this doesn’t really make sense now :blink: 

2 hours ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Not sure where you've gotten that from, but it's certainly not true. 

Perhaps you could explain why you're so adamant about that - I'm sure I remember Gerrard openly 'admitting' to it.

Everton were his original Merseyside team of choice - having said that he may well have become immersed in Liverpool F.C.fairly quickly after joining them as a youngster.

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps you could explain why you're so adamant about that - I'm sure I remember Gerrard openly 'admitting' to it.

Everton were his original Merseyside team of choice - having said that he may well have become immersed in Liverpool F.C.fairly quickly after joining them as a youngster.

He didn't know who to support as a kid, he has never openly admitted to supporting Everton - I am sure you're getting mixed up with somebody else. He has family who are split between the two Merseyside teams, hence he was so unsure as a kid. 

33 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You sure you're not thinking of Carragher?

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

He didn't know who to support as a kid, he has never openly admitted to supporting Everton - I am sure you're getting mixed up with somebody else. He has family who are split between the two Merseyside teams, hence he was so unsure as a kid. 

I don't think I am Mike, I'm well aware of the others mentioned in this thread.

No matter, I was just stating what I was sure I could remember him saying.

In reality I couldn't give 2 hoots about Liverpool F.C.or Gerrard's footballing allegiance, so I'm certainly not getting further embroiled in a subject I have zero interest in!

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think I am Mike, I'm well aware of the others mentioned in this thread.

No matter, I was just stating what I was sure I could remember him saying.

In reality I couldn't give 2 hoots about Liverpool F.C.or Gerrard's footballing allegiance, so I'm certainly not getting further embroiled in a subject I have zero interest in!

A pity Jordan no longer posts, he would have been able to let you know :thumbsup:.

Archived