IGNORED

The Good and The Bad of 2017

One Team In Keynsham

This topic might go down like a Led Zeppelin, but I was pondering this past year today, working out the best and worst things on a non-football front. So, to pick 3:

Good:

1. Still seem to be in reasonable health despite getting to an age that things start to go wrong.

2. Been blessed with a number of great trips away, notably a fabulous weekend in NYC with my wife, niece and nephew, to celebrate their 21st birthdays (niece and nephew that is, I have not been cradle snatching)

3. After a year of lethargy, getting motivated to getting back out running and looking to some races for 2018.

Bad

1. We had to put our beloved dog to sleep: took 3 hours from a routine check-up, to finding a huge tumour, to holding her paw one last time.

2. 2 close friends each lost their dad in recent months, and my own father-in-law is in declining health.

3. Continuing to despair at the ability of large swathes of the human race to be heartless bastards.

Over to you lot.

15 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

This topic might go down like a Led Zeppelin, but I was pondering this past year today, working out the best and worst things on a non-football front. So, to pick 3:

Good:

1. Still seem to be in reasonable health despite getting to an age that things start to go wrong.

2. Been blessed with a number of great trips away, notably a fabulous weekend in NYC with my wife, niece and nephew, to celebrate their 21st birthdays (niece and nephew that is, I have not been cradle snatching)

3. After a year of lethargy, getting motivated to getting back out running and looking to some races for 2018.

Bad

1. We had to put our beloved dog to sleep: took 3 hours from a routine check-up, to finding a huge tumour, to holding her paw one last time.

2. 2 close friends each lost their dad in recent months, and my own father-in-law is in declining health.

3. Continuing to despair at the ability of large swathes of the human race to be heartless bastards.

Over to you lot.

Good:

1. City are winning

Bad:

1. Developed Insomnia. Miserable

2. Hate my job with every inch of my soul

3. Health problems all year

4. Drifting farther and farther away from my already distant family

5. Tories in government

6. Lifes largely lost any sort of excitement, just steadily ambling through it til I collapse in a big heap of bones, fat and gristle

Good

House extension finished 

7 year old son has become obsessed with Bristol City and cricket. (The next Joe Bryan?)

4 year old daughter has become obsessed with horse riding  (the next Josephine Gordon?)

Promotion at work 

My wife continues to be amazing 

Bad

Mortgaged to the hilt now

Horse riding lessons are expensive

Work stresses giving me stomach pains 

Brexit is a nightmare

Tories in Power

Mild depression has crept into my life.  

Good:

1. Got an internship in the field I want to work in

2. Finishing my masters degree is in sight

3. No regrets of archery having become my main sport (to participate in..) 2017 was the first year I didn't play any cricket since I was 8.

Bad:

1. The internship is unpaid 

2. Still single as hell 

Archived