IGNORED

TV Studio Ashton Gate

tinman85

For Saturday games, presentation tends to be back in London. 

For Friday matches they like to use the Heineken Lounge balcony for presentation. 

However, for the United match they are building a giant studio on the players lounge balcony. 

35 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Couldn't that be put somewhere else and replaced with seating?

The Lansdown stand extends to the goal line in front of the Atyeo. Any stand built where the media centre is would be behind the goal line and have the view across the pitch looking at the Atyeo / Dolman corner obstructed by the roof of the Atyeo. Unless the Atyeo is redeveloped, we’re stuck with the grey blob 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

It only looks odd because the Atyeo stand hasn't been redeveloped. Once it has it will look better and hardly noticeable. 

And it's the wrong colour.

When I posted about about the Atyeo being redeveloped I was told it was "fake news".............:facepalm:

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

For Friday matches they like to use the Heineken Lounge balcony for presentation. 

However, for the United match they are building a giant studio on the players lounge balcony. 

Out of interest, wasn't a dedicated TV studio within the original plans for part of the media centre?

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Thanks Adam. Why was the media centre not replaced by extra seating during the build? As well I would have thought a TV studio would be created. What happens if we get to the Premier League? Souness and Henry standing on the pitch at HT?

Just now, AdamB said:

If we go up we would have to provide two TV studios, which we have scope to do.

Sky actually like standing pitchside though, for all their insistence on studios.

Why's that? Doesn't make logical sense really to have two studios. 

21 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Thanks Adam. Why was the media centre not replaced by extra seating during the build? As well I would have thought a TV studio would be created. What happens if we get to the Premier League? Souness and Henry standing on the pitch at HT?

Thought the media centre was constructed DURING the rebuild.

To replace it with seats as you were building it would be the actions of a madman! Mad I tells thee.

19 minutes ago, AdamB said:

If we go up we would have to provide two TV studios, which we have scope to do.

Sky actually like standing pitchside though, for all their insistence on studios.

That's great I know it sounds crazy but I really want the club to look good on tv on Wednesday night. The thought of no TV studio wouldn't have shown the stadium in the right light. Let's hope it looks part of the furniture. 

The list of demands requirements from the PL is very extensive .... 

I was lucky to briefly see a copy of what the club were sent in GJ play off season ....  some heavy demands regarding World media access and permanent TV camera positions for a start.... (if any of you have been to Barnsley you would have seen the large concrete plinths at the rear of the away end)

I fully expect things like this have all been considered in the expansive redevelopment of AG.....and we are therefore PL ready..... off the pitch at least ..

5 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

I was lucky to briefly see a copy of what the club were sent in GJ play off season ....  some heavy demands regarding World media access and permanent TV camera positions for a start.... (if any of you have been to Barnsley you would have seen the large concrete plinths at the rear of the away end)

I fully expect things like this have all been considered in the expansive redevelopment of AG.....and we are therefore PL ready..... off the pitch at least ..

That was 2008, it’s even greater and more extensive now. 

25 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

That's great I know it sounds crazy but I really want the club to look good on tv on Wednesday night. The thought of no TV studio wouldn't have shown the stadium in the right light. Let's hope it looks part of the furniture. 

The stadium will look fantastic. It will be full and Sky will have the most cameras they’ve ever had at the place to cover it. 

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Out of interest, did the list of commands from the PL make any sort of comment regarding sprinklers?

Asking for a third party.

Archived