IGNORED

TV Studio Ashton Gate

tinman85

2 hours ago, AdamB said:

The stadium will look fantastic. It will be full and Sky will have the most cameras they’ve ever had at the place to cover it. 

I'm sure it will look fantastic but so what. I mean that as a reminder that some consider it a far, far higher priority to beat Forest on Saturday and stuff Hollowhead 7 days later; a reminder there are some who are not falling over themselves to fawn at the arrival of a glitzy Premier League team.

Cup ties provide ephemeral glamour; the substance of a team, the worth of a club, these things are proven over a season's worth of games year in year out. So some of us aren't going giddy with excitement just because Jose f'kin Mourinho is in town.

That said, if he should lose the look on his face will be priceless. Here's hoping!

PS. And by the way, as head of media you might want to do better with the programme for this tie than the last one, for instance not knowing the difference between Carl Shutt and Ralph Milne is beyond amateurish. 

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Couldn't that be put somewhere else and replaced with seating?

I love this beautifully simplistic question Wendy. Really, I am not being sarcastic but it is funny. 

4 hours ago, AdamB said:

For Saturday games, presentation tends to be back in London. 

For Friday matches they like to use the Heineken Lounge balcony for presentation. 

However, for the United match they are building a giant studio on the players lounge balcony. 

Crikey; AG already not future proof. Exciting times.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Now Disney own a significant stake in Sky can we look forward to Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck commentating alongside the likes of G Nev & Carra? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42353545

I thought Gary Neville was Mickey Mouse and I can usually understand Donald Duck far better than Carragher.

41 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm sure it will look fantastic but so what. I mean that as a reminder that some consider it a far, far higher priority to beat Forest on Saturday and stuff Hollowhead 7 days later; a reminder there are some who are not falling over themselves to fawn at the arrival of a glitzy Premier League team.

Cup ties provide ephemeral glamour; the substance of a team, the worth of a club, these things are proven over a season's worth of games year in year out. So some of us aren't going giddy with excitement just because Jose f'kin Mourinho is in town.

That said, if he should lose the look on his face will be priceless. Here's hoping!

PS. And by the way, as head of media you might want to do better with the programme for this tie than the last one, for instance not knowing the difference between Carl Shutt and Ralph Milne is beyond amateurish. 

Very passive/aggressive MM. I agree that the league is far more important but I'm also looking forward to Wednesday's game; further proof if t'were needed that, maybe, our star is in it's ascendancy once more. As for the Milne/Shutt horlicks that is awful. 

2 hours ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

The list of demands requirements from the PL is very extensive .... 

I was lucky to briefly see a copy of what the club were sent in GJ play off season ....  some heavy demands regarding World media access and permanent TV camera positions for a start.... (if any of you have been to Barnsley you would have seen the large concrete plinths at the rear of the away end)

I fully expect things like this have all been considered in the expansive redevelopment of AG.....and we are therefore PL ready..... off the pitch at least ..

But do we have Premier League ready sprinklers?!?

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Very passive/aggressive MM. I agree that the league is far more important but I'm also looking forward to Wednesday's game; further proof if t'were needed that, maybe, our star is in it's ascendancy once more. As for the Milne/Shutt horlicks that is awful. 

If we were middle fer diddle in the league and going nowhere I'd be more enthusiastic about such a game.

But we've got ourselves in such a great position I think we have to grab the shot at promotion with both hands, go all out for it, and so cup ties are a distraction. (Plus I have no time for ManUre and even less for f'kin Mourinho.)

PS. I can do aggressive/aggressive if you'd prefer! 

If we WIN on Wednesday we are in very close touching distance of Europe. 

Whilst I would also like to get promoted (though with reservations) it is a huge If, with 75+ points to play for, possible play offs and years of consolidation before getting to Europe via league- only success 

Losen up man and go with Lj's desire to win everything! 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

If we WIN on Wednesday we are in very close touching distance of Europe. 

Whilst I would also like to get promoted (though with reservations) it is a huge If, with 75+ points to play for, possible play offs and years of consolidation before getting to Europe via league- only success 

Losen up man and go with Lj's desire to win everything! 

I'm not sure that still having to beat two of (probably) Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester counts as "very close touching distance" of Europe. But I suppose it'll be as close as we've ever been!

After Don Goodman's "contribution" as the analyst in the commentary box for the Wolves game on Sky last week, I assume it is safe to expect that Sky will have Scott Murray alongside Martin Tyler, working himself into a series of orgasms about the most mundane of City passes or tackles?

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

After Don Goodman's "contribution" as the analyst in the commentary box for the Wolves game on Sky last week, I assume it is safe to expect that Sky will have Scott Murray alongside Martin Tyler, working himself into a series of orgasms about the most mundane of City passes or tackles?

Oh for ***** sake Olé no one wants to think about Scotty working himself into a series of orgasms. 

Having built a new press room for post match interviews, never sure why we didn’t go the whole hog and have a proper desk type thing for the manager and others to sit behind. 

We just seem to have a table with a cloth on it. Does the job, but looks more like the top table at a wedding at a Travel Lodge.

Trying to think of the right word to describe the underwhelmingness.

It’s a bit you know.... Rovers. 

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest, did the list of commands from the PL make any sort of comment regarding sprinklers?

Asking for a third party.

Yes, the pipework is not allowed to burst, causing flooding to the corner of the pitch and match postponement, the morning of a match against your local rivals, when you have a couple of injuries and they are riding high.

Secondly, they must not be turned on, the day of a match against Stockport County, or supplemented with a hose pipe after heavy rain and, only in the corner of the pitch, causing postponement of that game, three days before playing your local rivals in your most important match for many years.

These two clauses are written into the fair play football guide 1976 but, not yet adopted by teams in the lower echelons of the football pyramid, especially those with less than three years membership.

Archived