Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Port Said Red

Famara returning

According to this, LJ thinks Famara will be back by the 3rd game in January.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee-johnson-delivers-positive-bristol-city-player-update/

I should imagine that COD will not be far behind him and Pisano by the end of Jan. Having these players back could be almost like having a good transfer window in terms of freshening up the squad.

• Like 1

I always think these sort of predictions on fitness are a bit optimistic. He may be back by the third match in January, but that doesn’t mean he will be fully match fit and capable of lasting 90 minutes. He looked a bit unfit at the start of the season and it took him a few games to get up to speed, so perhaps a few sub appearances towards the end of Janauy and a start mid February? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee-johnson-delivers-positive-bristol-city-player-update/

I should imagine that COD will not be far behind him and Pisano by the end of Jan. Having these players back could be almost like having a good transfer window in terms of freshening up the squad.

The only issue with players returning from a long injury break is how long it takes to regain proper match fitness, as opposed to just being fit enough for selection.

Fingers crossed, with the expert physio and conditioning training now available there will not be too much of a gap and they are up to speed quickly.

Edit. Hadn't read Pongo's post at time of writing, so said much the same as him.

Edited by downendcity

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I always think these sort of predictions on fitness are a bit optimistic. He may be back by the third match in January, but that doesn’t mean he will be fully match fit and capable of lasting 90 minutes. He looked a bit unfit at the start of the season and it took him a few games to get up to speed, so perhaps a few sub appearances towards the end of Janauy and a start mid February? 

he's back now, resting he should be fully fit by then 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Imagine how good we'll be with a 'full strength' team! :clapping:

47 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

We’ve missed him hugely imo, I know we’re 3rd but he’ll be such a boost when he’s back fully fit. 

If we've missed him, our results haven't suffered.

Edited by RedLionLad

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Pisano will struggle to feature again this season....and O'Dowda will be out until end of February 

• Thanks 1
  • Rubbish 1

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

If we've missed him, our results haven't suffered.

I think we were fortunate in that almost immediately Fammy was injured Duric was able to temporarily step into the breach and in the run in to January we may now find how well we can cope without both players.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I think we were fortunate in that almost immediately Fammy was injured Duric was able to temporarily step into the breach and in the run in to January we may now find how well we can cope without both players.

Aden the striker!