IGNORED

Pitch Invasion against manchester

AshtonPark

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

A 3 year ban from (presumably) football for going on the pitch? Seems extremely harsh.

It will only seem harsh to those who want to try it and/or get caught.

.....and when you think about it, only when you run onto the pitch does a deterrent become a punishment.

6 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thanks all for tagging me in this thread.

lets not forget entering the playing surface during the game is unlawful and will lead to arrests, Be it on the night or at a later date. This is something that Avon and Somerset constabulary have made clear at all high profile games over the years.

should charges be made by us then banning orders will be applied for at court and it will be down for the magistrate to decide if a 3 year ban should be given.

the safety officer will very often also ban the person from home games until the case is heard.

With Bristol City doing very well on the pitch I do not see why any fan would take the gamble of being identified, arrested and given a ban causing him to miss the next three season at least. 

As pointed out at the rovers game 28 city fans received 3-5 year banning orders, most of them have hated every second of not watching city throughout this time .

Oh and for the record not on overtime, just another cancelled rest day !!!

Hi Julie. 

I'd like to confess to invading the pitch against Hartlepool and against Rotherham and also against Palace.

There was also a few end of season ones aswell usually due to Rovers failing.

It seems now I'm due a 20 year banning order along with a few thousand others.

The Law can be an ass at times.

7 hours ago, JulieH said:

lets not forget entering the playing surface during the game is unlawful and will lead to arrests, Be it on the night or at a later date. This is something that Avon and Somerset constabulary have made clear at all high profile games over the years.

should charges be made by us then banning orders will be applied for at court and it will be down for the magistrate to decide if a 3 year ban should be given.

the safety officer will very often also ban the person from home games until the case is heard.

With Bristol City doing very well on the pitch I do not see why any fan would take the gamble of being identified, arrested and given a ban causing him to miss the next three season at least. 

As pointed out at the rovers game 28 city fans received 3-5 year banning orders, most of them have hated every second of not watching city throughout this time .

Julie, I need to alert you to something.

Quiet recently a certain Hörður Magnússon has on occasion been entering the field of play during a game, causing a disruption. Normally he stands on the touchline and is effective throwing the ball to a player, but given everytime he invades the pitch he causes defensive issues, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to issue him a 3 year banning order.

(For anyone without a sense of humour, this is a light hearted piece of humour)

2 hours ago, palmerred said:

Julie, I need to alert you to something.

Quiet recently a certain Hörður Magnússon has on occasion been entering the field of play during a game, causing a disruption. Normally he stands on the touchline and is effective throwing the ball to a player, but given everytime he invades the pitch he causes defensive issues, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to issue him a 3 year banning order.

(For anyone without a sense of humour, this is a light hearted piece of humour)

I will allow him to continue to breach the law, if only for the marmite reaction he gets on this forum!!! 

Always keeps me entertained reading the threads on long journeys 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Hi Julie. 

I'd like to confess to invading the pitch against Hartlepool and against Rotherham and also against Palace.

There was also a few end of season ones aswell usually due to Rovers failing.

It seems now I'm due a 20 year banning order along with a few thousand others.

The Law can be an ass at times.

Thank you for this confession!!!

my detection rates are going to look amazing .

9 hours ago, JulieH said:

Someone needs diversity training.

10 hours ago, JulieH said:

Well don't invade it then @JulieH

46 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Someone needs diversity training.

You need a banning order and mouth washed out for falling in line with the media agenda...don't fall for it ;-)

Next they'll be banning players swearing and being aggressive towards one another, and jumping into the stands to celebrate with the fans...which always makes me chuckle...do it in the stands and onto the pitch and they chuck you out and ban you. :laughcont:

The world is so full of hypocrisy...

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

You need a banning order and mouth washed out for falling in line with the media agenda...don't fall for it ;-)

Next they'll be banning players swearing and being aggressive towards one another, and jumping into the stands to celebrate with the fans...which always makes me chuckle...do it in the stands and onto the pitch and they chuck you out and ban you. :laughcont:

The world is so full of hypocrisy...

After the scandal of llegally parked cars getting tickets i fear for the next generation.

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Funniest thing is being on the pitch with someone who then points out to me solicitors and other legal people he knows though his work doing the same, accompanied by off duty POLICE OFFICERS he recognised too!!! 

They would only deny it though......ahem.:whistle::clap:

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

Absolutely absurd and over the top bans for fans that were probably only guilty of getting a bit over excited. This surely is proof of how football fans are absolutely oppressed in comparison to other public and sporting events.

This is comes across as bat shit crazy when you consider this in the context of the whole society. In short, people are breaking the law on a daily basis for far more severe 'crimes' but go completely unnoticed due to lack of resources, or from sheer incompetence and lack of technology from the police service.

13 hours ago, JulieH said:

I bet they didn't hate it quite so much this time last season ! :shocking:

18 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

I think some people get confused between friendly/celebratory pitch invasions and aggressive/kicking off pitch invasions. No one gets fined or banned for peaceful ones when everyone’s celebrating.

That said having one for reaching a semi would be tinpot, if we make a final or get promoted I think it would be tinpot not to have one.

Hang on a minute.  So we're all agreed it would be "tinpot" to have a pitch invasion after a quarter final, but now you're saying it would be tinpot not to have one after a semi final?

I want to know where this tinpot club is that goes wild after a quarter final win but solemnly files out of the exits after a semi final win.

End of a promotion season is ok, anytime vs the Slags fine.

Just about acceptable to me with a couple on for a dramatic injury time winner. Anything else not just tinpot but ragbag as well. 

If we ain't careful we could end up with whole ground dressed up as postboxes. 

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

End of a promotion season is ok, anytime vs the Slags fine.

Just about acceptable to me with a couple on for a dramatic injury time winner. Anything else not just tinpot but ragbag as well. 

If we ain't careful we could end up with whole ground dressed up as postboxes. 

Not if we STICK to the LETTER of the law. This behaviour needs STAMPing out. Sorry for the LATE POST.

Anyone invading the pitch is a FIRST CLASS idiot.

Archived