IGNORED

Pitch Invasion against manchester

AshtonPark

12 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Me too :fear:

Maybe you could undo rubbishing my post about how ridiculous it is to give banning orders and criminal records then?

I have only ever been on the pitch 2 or 3 times. All were very good natured joyous celebrations. The idea that I could face being banned for that is utterly mental.

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Maybe you could undo rubbishing my post about how ridiculous it is to give banning orders and criminal records then?

I have only ever been on the pitch 2 or 3 times. All were very good natured joyous celebrations. The idea that I could face being banned for that is utterly mental.

The difference is, we all know going onto the pitch is not allowed. If you run onto the pitch against Manchester, then you have to accept the club will come down heavy on you.....because they have already said they would. The club has to be seen to be doing the right thing. Whether you or I agree with that, doesn't matter.

The banning order and possible criminal record should be seen as a deterrent.......It only becomes a punishment if you ignore the club's request.

The promotion celebrations were totally different. Everyone went onto the pitch and the club (without admitting it) accepted it.......and for those occasions, I think that's right.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hang on a minute.  So we're all agreed it would be "tinpot" to have a pitch invasion after a quarter final, but now you're saying it would be tinpot not to have one after a semi final?

I want to know where this tinpot club is that goes wild after a quarter final win but solemnly files out of the exits after a semi final win.

I didn’t word it very well but what I was getting at is celebrating on the pitch is fine if we’ve just reached a final (cup or playoff) or just been promoted. It would make us look an incredibly boring and passionless fan base if we didn’t.

Doing it to celebrate getting into the next round of the cup on Wednesday seems the type of thing a lower league club would do.

All IMO of course.

16 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I didn’t word it very well but what I was getting at is celebrating on the pitch is fine if we’ve just reached a final (cup or playoff) or just been promoted. It would make us look an incredibly boring and passionless fan base if we didn’t.

Doing it to celebrate getting into the next round of the cup on Wednesday seems the type of thing a lower league club would do.

All IMO of course.

My opinion too

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for this confession!!!

my detection rates are going to look amazing .

3 hours ago, Collis1 said:

That's an awfully large amount of idiots you're talking about.

Image result for bristol city ashton gate pitch invasion

Image result for bristol city ashton gate pitch invasion

We are all fooked. Julie is in for one hell of a Xmas bonus.

To make it easier for you Julie, I'm the one in the red.

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

End of a promotion season is ok, anytime vs the Slags fine.

Just about acceptable to me with a couple on for a dramatic injury time winner. Anything else not just tinpot but ragbag as well. 

If we ain't careful we could end up with whole ground dressed up as postboxes. 

I can't get that image out of my head 

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

Hopefully not, only a bit of banter. 

Banning order for passion? That fan has done nothing but love the badge on the shirt. 

What passion?  Being a dick whilst your team are trying to get an equaliser in a mid season match?  Or am I being whooshed?

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Hopefully not, only a bit of banter. 

Banning order for passion? That fan has done nothing but love the badge on the shirt. 

I understand your point but if a prosecution and banning order isn't sought then thay just makes a mokery of the laws? 

If this doesn't happen then when@JulieH threatens all of us with banning orders for invading the pitch in good spirits then no is going to pay any attention. 

Archived