IGNORED

Red'N'White Night

CTIDhc

Back when we won the JPT at Wembley i bought a large city flag from the stadium, wondering whether there would be any objections with it being bought to the Man United game for the Red'N'White night as i have never previously seen one of these flags at the gate and just thinking whether it would be a bit odd or not. 

32 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Back when we won the JPT at Wembley i bought a large city flag from the stadium, wondering whether there would be any objections with it being bought to the Man United game for the Red'N'White night as i have never previously seen one of these flags at the gate and just thinking whether it would be a bit odd or not. 

You’ll have to write to the SAG first 

35 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Just bring it, apparently SAG and Storr don't check S82 for fire labels and shit, just take it with you.

Website says this, so it all depends what constitutes large (no smutty comments please and thank you people :P )

Wave your flag – Wood and metal poles aren’t allowed but flags on short plastic sticks are. Small or medium size flags can be hung on the perimeter fence, providing they don’t cover pitchside gates, advertising boards or contain offensive messages – please follow the instructions of stewards. Large flags require a kite-mark, if you intend to bring one please email david.storr@ashtongate.co.uk by Monday, December 18th.

Isn't the club post making this a red n white night and asking us in effect to join in, a bit naff?

For pity's sake, this is an EFL Cup quarter final, against, love em or loathe em, three times European champions. If we can't get some singing, chanting and atmosphere, without being told to, we shouldn't be at the game.

It's our first cup tie against Manchester since our only FA Cup Final in 1909. Over a hundred years to go some way to righting the wrong they did to us then.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Isn't the club post making this a red n white night and asking us in effect to join in, a bit naff?

For pity's sake, this is an EFL Cup quarter final, against, love em or loathe em, three times European champions. If we can't get some singing, chanting and atmosphere, without being told to, we shouldn't be at the game.

It's our first cup tie against Manchester since our only FA Cup Final in 1909. Over a hundred years to go some way to righting the wrong they did to us then.

Does someone always have to find a negative angle?

They’re not asking us to sing, chant and create atmosphere. That goes without saying. They’re asking us to wear something red - which is not necessarily the norm, especially at this time of year. It will add to the occasion and look good on the telly. Nothing wrong with that at all.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They’re not asking us to sing, chant and create atmosphere. That goes without saying. They’re asking us to wear something red - which is not necessarily the norm, especially at this time of year. It will add to the occasion and look good on the telly. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But it is a bit non league S'pose they could hand out those clacker things, and a  'either way I couldn't give a toss scarf,for the whole ensemble   :shifty:

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Imo the actions of the club generally do very little to promote atmosphere. This time, because they are on the telly, they want to promote the brand to the max. 

Plastic. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd like to wear a home shirt as I usually wear the away one but the club don't have any for sale in my size. To be fair, who stocks medium these days anyway :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ha. There is a certain irony in the club encouraging us to wear red whilst having no stock of replica shirts.

I think It's ironic because we are playing the most famous reds in the world. Most of the audience tuning in will think that Old Trafford has shrunk. :)

39 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Imo the actions of the club generally do very little to promote atmosphere. This time, because they are on the telly, they want to promote the brand to the max. 

Plastic. 

I fail to see what is wrong with encouraging supporters to wear club colours.

Every time any one of us wears a City shirt, or a cap, or a lapel pin, or a car sticker, or a scarf, or waves a flag...we are “promoting the brand”. Why would we not want to promote the club we are so proud to support?

A shame everything must be treated with such cynicism.

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Plastic. 

I love all this " it's not a big game, league more important, not bothered about the result" bravado.

It was a slightly different story for many before they had a ticket in their possession mind.

Just man up, be honest, and admit it's a big game and we want to impress on and off the pitch. No shame in that, honest.

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'd like to wear a home shirt as I usually wear the away one but the club don't have any for sale in my size. To be fair, who stocks medium these days anyway :laugh: 

To be fair, it is gonna be freezing, so they’ve actually planned it perfectly for everyone to buy a massive one that’ll fit over any number of layers or thick coats.

The only thing they missed was getting #ShirtsOnTop on every goal GIF.

2 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

To be fair, it is gonna be freezing, so they’ve actually planned it perfectly for everyone to buy a massive one that’ll fit over any number of layers or thick coats.

The only thing they missed was getting #ShirtsOnTop on every goal GIF.

My coat is bright red. What do I win? ;) 

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

sI fail to see what is wrong with encouraging supporters to wear club colours.

Every time any one of us wears a City shirt, or a cap, or a lapel pin, or a car sticker, or a scarf, or waves a flag...we are “promoting the brand”. Why would we not want to promote the club we are so proud to support?

A shame everything must be treated with such cynicism.

Bristol Sport City obviously encourage fans to wear branded colours but they do not encourage fan culture quite frequently fella. They often clamp down on it and have very recently. Some of that is only allowed when they say and in the designated flag waving and singing area. Your question would be better aimed at BS why do they not want to promote fan culture at all times. its a shame that BS have treated parts of fan culture with cynicism and at times so little respect.

35 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Bristol Sport City obviously encourage fans to wear branded colours but they do not encourage fan culture quite frequently fella. They often clamp down on it and have very recently. Some of that is only allowed when they say and in the designated flag waving and singing area. Your question would be better aimed at BS why do they not want to promote fan culture at all times. its a shame that BS have treated parts of fan culture with cynicism and at times so little respect.

Fan culture means different things to different people. Some people just want to go and watch the game, some want to sing, some want to stand, some want to sit. Some want to bring their kids into a kid-friendly environment. Every type of fan should be considered and accommodated.

Bristol Sport has provided an area for our most vociferous support to gather, at the heart of the stadium, where standing is tolerated and flag waving is permitted. Not everyone wants to wave a flag but for those that do, the opportunity is there. They have also built a stadium that not only respects our heritage but actively celebrates it.

The atmosphere in stadiums might not be what it once was. But that is a broader issue reflecting the changing demographic of football supporters, and the blame for that does not lie at Bristol Sport’s door. I simply don’t buy into this anti-BS rhetoric.

Archived