IGNORED

Young Tyreeq

TammyAB

Despite the understandable comments from LJ about Korey wanting to be involved against Forest, his injury makes it a real risk, so we are then left with either Lloyd Kelly or Bakinson for a place in the squad.

Seeing as Kelly is a LB and a squad with Bryan & Magnússon already in it has 2 of them, whereas Pack & Brownhill are our only 2 central midfielders left who are fit, I'd say he is very likely to be on the bench.

32 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Last seen at Harlow Town but released last month

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-bristol-city-aston-villa-876504

I know it's the post but another weird one is Kodi Lyons-Foster, who's fallen off the face of the earth a bit. 

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-bristol-city-aston-villa-876504

I know it's the post but another weird one is Kodi Lyons-Foster, who's fallen off the face of the earth a bit. 

I am sure Aldershot will be only too delighted to be described in that way. :) To me he sounds like a player who has realised he needs to take a step down to work his back up. Good luck to him.

I have got Bakinson starting tomorrow. Don’t think Korey should be risked and we can still beat Forest while changing a few front players around. I wouldn’t put Bakinson in a midfield 2 but if we go 4141we can play him ahead of Pack with Brownhill where he will have a bit of extra cover. Need to start utilising the sqaud to get through the rest of this month. 

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Pack

Leko Brownhill Bakinson Pato

Woodrow

Steele, Taylor, Reid, Eliasson, Bryan, Vyner, Kelly

52 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have got Bakinson starting tomorrow. Don’t think Korey should be risked and we can still beat Forest while changing a few front players around. I wouldn’t put Bakinson in a midfield 2 but if we go 4141we can play him ahead of Pack with Brownhill where he will have a bit of extra cover. Need to start utilising the sqaud to get through the rest of this month. 

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Pack

Woodrow

Kelly over Mags and Eliasson over Leko and I'd be happy with that.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Pack

Woodrow

Reid and Bryan have no reason to be rested. They haven’t got injuries to my knowledge so we should be starting our strongest team against Forest. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Pack

Woodrow

Stamina-wise, Joey is one of the fittest guys in the squad.  He really doesn't need to be rested.  And you need your best available players in the bread and butter...I'm not sure that Cauley Woodrow will ever take that honour, to be honest. Bobby and Joe must start.

No need to rest players for the Forest match, they have had over a week since the last game, as to Man Utd, everyone one will want to play, and should. The QPR game is the one to consider resting key players, so that they will be fresh for Reading. Wolves will then be the normal mid week gap in days terms that they are use to, leaving Villa to consider freshening up if needed.

Sorted 

35 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'll be very disappointed with either of those line ups!

13 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Stamina-wise, Joey is one of the fittest guys in the squad.  He really doesn't need to be rested.  And you need your best available players in the bread and butter...I'm not sure that Cauley Woodrow will ever take that honour, to be honest. Bobby and Joe must start.

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

Reid and Bryan have no reason to be rested. They haven’t got injuries to my knowledge so we should be starting our strongest team against Forest. 

It isn’t ideal but we start a run of 6 games in about 18 days. Leko and Woodrow can’t play against Man U and are part of the squad. Reid and Bryan are fit but it doesn’t mean they can’t get tired. I have said this about Bobby before that he can he likened to a foreign signing because he has never had a run of games like this in his career. With Bryan we have capable cover to rest him with a brutal schedule coming up. Remember all other championship clubs have Wednesday free and we will be playing a side in the champions league. It will be tiring and we only have so many available to play in that match. 

Like I said it is not ideal but it is reality. We are short on numbers at the moment and we may need to utilise a few fringe players over this period of matches. Forest are a good side but one we are capable of beating at home with a few changes. With that back 4 and Pack we should be fairly solid so the only risk is that we may struggle to score a few. The rest of the matches during that time are higher risk to make changes imo. QPR is away and they are tough there. Reading have spells where they look a promotion contender amd everyone has to be switched on. Wolves and Villa are self explanitory and Man U we are down another two players with them being cup tied. Just feel this game is the more natural to rotate a bit. 

Just now, Grey Fox said:

No need to rest players for the Forest match, they have had over a week since the last game, as to Man Utd, everyone one will want to play, and should. The QPR game is the one to consider resting key players, so that they will be fresh for Reading. Wolves will then be the normal mid week gap in days terms that they are use to, leaving Villa to consider freshening up if needed.

Sorted 

It is the alternative just think it would be easier for the younger players at home than away. We will see and I am not envious of the job LJ has over the next two weeks 

We are not good enough to beat Forest and still "rest" players, Leko and Woodrow may well come into contention tomorrow because Brownhill will probably play in centre mid as I cannot see Korey being involved, but that is completely different from a scenario where Bryan and Reid (2 of our best players) are deliberately left out.

As for the likes of Bakinson and Kelly, they are gaining experience simply by making the bench but I'd be absolutely amazed if either of them got a start.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We are not good enough to beat Forest and still "rest" players, Leko and Woodrow may well come into contention tomorrow because Brownhill will probably play in centre mid as I cannot see Korey being involved, but that is completely different from a scenario where Bryan and Reid (2 of our best players) are deliberately left out.

As for the likes of Bakinson and Kelly, they are gaining experience simply by making the bench but I'd be absolutely amazed if either of them got a start.

I think we are good enough to beat Forest. We have shown that in the cup games where not only were the results great but the performances were. Not saying I am right. Just think it is the easiest match to rest a few with QPR next. 

7 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Forest are a decent side and Warburton has done a decent job so far. Away form seems to be their Achilles heal but no way can we take them lightly enough to disrupt the core of the side to the extent some are suggesting.

Don't think we can take anyone lightly in this division.

Also we don't have quite the depth of squad that other major teams in the championship have, so that makes it more difficult for LJ to "rotate" players as he might like, especially when he is already having to cover for injuries to key players. 

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Indeed. If Bakinson was to start any of the games this week, I'd imagine it would more likely be against Manchester if Smith hasn't made it.

I reckon we'll be looking at something like...

Saturday - Fielding, Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Eliasson, Brownhill, Pack, Pato, Reid, Woodrow.

Weds - Steele, Wright, Flint, Mags, Bryan, Brownhill, Smith*, Pack, Eliasson, Pato, Reid. *Bakinson if Smith not ready.

Strong as possible for both games is a must.

LJ may gamble with a slightly weakened squad against Forest and hopes it works, or at least hope were still in at with 20 mins left to make subs.

I don't buy into we should play a second string side against United , we could easily get done 5-0 if we don't go full strength.

Maybe players like Steele & Magnússon, but no disrespect to the lad but Bakinson has played what once for us and once for Luton.

I dont see how he's ready to be thrown in against Man Untied of all teams even if he is training very well. 

I would hope that Korey plays tomorrow but only if the club are 99% sure it would not interrupt the recovery of his gashed leg.

I also think that Duric will play some part as he's off to surgery on 18th. Unless of course, the surgeon prefers him fully rested.

From what I've seen of Bakinson, I don't consider him ready for a start although I've only seen him in one and a bit games in last two months. Clearly a talent for the future though so if he gets a start, why hasn't Lee J given a league debut yet to Lloyd Kelly who appears to be streets ahead of the Academy boys yet to make a league debut?

Whoever plays, I'm confident that we'll get a win against former European champions Forest. With Man U to follow and Villa on New Years Day, both having achieved the same, does it not show how far we have come at this time and how far we still have to go to be regarded as a club at the same level. One day maybe and if so, please make it sooner rather than later for us old wrinklies to see it.

51 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Indeed. If Bakinson was to start any of the games this week, I'd imagine it would more likely be against Manchester if Smith hasn't made it.

I reckon we'll be looking at something like...

Saturday - Fielding, Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Eliasson, Brownhill, Pack, Pato, Reid, Woodrow.

Weds - Steele, Wright, Flint, Mags, Bryan, Brownhill, Smith*, Pack, Eliasson, Pato, Reid. *Bakinson if Smith not ready.

:facepalm: Forgot about Taylor! Would start him against Manc.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure Aldershot will be only too delighted to be described in that way. :) To me he sounds like a player who has realised he needs to take a step down to work his back up. Good luck to him.

I just mean for a player many were quite excited about, he seems to have fallen a long old way down the league. Fair play to him though, mentality is more than half the battle in football.

Archived