Team for Forest

BCFC_Josh

I would go with..

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Magnússon

Pack Brownhill

Leko Paterson Eliasson

Djuric 

Attacking lineup with someone for Eliasson to aim at with his crossing ability. Added to that the threat of Magnússon's long throw. Rest Reid and Bryan who have played a lot of games with more coming up thick and fast. Not taking the risk of playing Smith too early after his injury. Thoughts?

There are a lot of people saying they wouldn't 'risk' Korey Smith.

His injury was a gash on the leg, not a muscle problem, it was only a week ago and he was in the team consistently before that so he doesn't have a fitness issue.

What is the risk? If he's not in physical pain from the injury, play him!

Yep, if he’s fit, then he has to start. I couldn’t care less about the United game. Our main focus is tomorrow!

Fielding

Wright    Flint        Baker    Bryan

Pato     Smith     Brownhill  Eliasson 

Taylor

Reid

I’d go for 4-4-1-1 

1 hour ago, BCFC Josh said:

I would go with..

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Magnússon

Pack Brownhill

Leko Paterson Eliasson

Djuric 

Attacking lineup with someone for Eliasson to aim at with his crossing ability. Added to that the threat of Magnússon's long throw. Rest Reid and Bryan who have played a lot of games with more coming up thick and fast. Not taking the risk of playing Smith too early after his injury. Thoughts?

No way Leko starting...too much a liability-impact sub only.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, if he’s fit, then he has to start. I couldn’t care less about the United game. Our main focus is tomorrow!

Fielding

Wright    Flint        Baker    Bryan

Pato     Smith     Brownhill  Eliasson 

Taylor

Reid

I’d go for 4-4-1-1 

This would be mine too. 

Interestingly most people pick Magnússon - I’m sorry but I don’t rate him - apart from his throw; our very own Rory Delap. 

5 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

His injury was a gash on the leg, not a muscle problem, it was only a week ago and he was in the team consistently before that so he doesn't have a fitness issue.

That's fine for you to say, but have you ever played football or any contact sport with a gash on your leg (shin)?

I have: I played just a few days after several stitches and, even with an injection, I promise you it stings so much that you refrain from tackling for fear of the excruciating pain!

Well, I most certainly did.

By the way, an interesting article in the Nottingham Evening Post equivalent.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-boss-mark-warburton-929108

18 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

The risk is him opening up the gash again and infection.

23 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

The risk is him opening up the gash again and infection.

If it's a gash then it'll be covered and protected with extra padding and shouldn't inhibit him at all so hopefully he'll be able to start.

Even with such a long injury list City can still put out a strong side and credit to LJ For creating a squad of such strength and depth. He's certainly needed it this season.

19 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That's fine for you to say, but have you ever played football or any contact sport with a gash on your leg (shin)?

I have: I played just a few days after several stitches and, even with an injection, I promise you it stings so much that you refrain from tackling for fear of the excruciating pain!

Well, I most certainly did.

By the way, an interesting article in the Nottingham Evening Post equivalent.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-boss-mark-warburton-929108

That’s one of the best and most balanced view from an opposition manager I have read for a long time.  Clearly doing his homework and will be well prepared. 

Lets hope we are simply too strong for them. 

Our local Bristol Post's Gregor MacGregor tries his best, I am sure, and comes across as a thoroughly decent chap, but somehow I just feel he lacks the quality and depth of that Nottingham article, hindered I am convinced by the quality of his sub-editor (if there is one). 

I wonder what Chris Wilder's comments were, both before and after our match with Sheffield UTD last week.

Archived