IGNORED

Bristol City on BBC1 Football Focus (merged)

hantsred

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Imagine them doing a big review of us, our ambitions and a profile on our billionaire owner, getting all the fans excited. Only to find out out, a year down the line that he’s actually got no money, it’s all been a big misunderstanding, and we’re very likely to be heading into administration during the coming new year. 

That would be harsh, but very amusing for our local rivals..! 

For everything else there’s MasterCard 

Lawrenson is a grizzled old dinosaur who should be be put out to pasture ..............he is well past his sell by date, and should be given his pension and ushered away.  Why is he still employed?  He is a grumpy old C***    who  should retire.  Bitter and Pointless?

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

My comment was tongue in cheek dao, in view of comments on the Man U thread.

Thought the item painted us in a decent light, apart from Lawro's ludicrous take on the motto on LJ's wall - probably says a lot about why he never made it as a manager! 

Understood where you were coming from fella. This week will see an increase in the club and Johnson. Regarding lawro what a **** 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Understood where you were coming from fella. This week will see an increase in the club and Johnson. Regarding lawro what a **** 

As Lawro would say " and raightly so!"

15 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Should be available here after broadcast.  (Doesn't mention us in preview though).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jvhkc

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Can't watch on iplayer for some stupid reason. Anybody know why? Had to leave home at 12:30pm so couldn't watch it FFS 

Don't know the reasoning behind it, but the BBC can only show the program from midnight after the broadcast. It is also only available for 7 days rather than the usual 30 days.

I like Lawro, but I thought he was harsh on LJ.  My take would be that he recognises his responsibility to the players to:

• analyse the opposition to understand their weaknesses,
  • prepare the players in terms a game plan and tactics to exploit them, and 
  • rehearse the game plan so the players can execute it on the day. 

Its a shared responsibility to get the job done.

He still "owes" Bristol a walk around in his underpants or nude (can't quite remember and really don't want to) as he said  when he was a local HTV pundit that he would do that if Richard Dryden (who we sold to Southampton around 94/95) was still playing in the premiership by the end of that season, which he was, and did quite well for the Saints.

Not particularly perturbed by what he said on FF as he has always been a footballing dinosaur, and I would actually have been more irritated if he had actually "got" what our club is all about.  He is totally out of his depth in the modern game and it makes me wonder what he has got over the BBC that they still employ him...

Ince got it easily enough, it's saying the rest of the club needs to do their jobs effectively to allow the players to be at their best. Lawro's just a **** who slates it either because he disagrees (without justified reasoning) or doesn't understand it.

6 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I like Lawro, but I thought he was harsh on LJ.  My take would be that he recognises his responsibility to the players to:

• analyse the opposition to understand their weaknesses,
  • prepare the players in terms a game plan and tactics to exploit them, and 
  • rehearse the game plan so the players can execute it on the day. 

Its a shared responsibility to get the job done.

Exactly. Lawrenson is a dinosaur who doesn't realise that the game he represents died years ago. He thinks it's still about pints with mates and cutting down to 10 fags a day during preseason.

watched this morning. I lost all respect for the bloke when he got very snotty with the studio pre a Republic of Ireland game. I can't find the clip on You Tube but I did find a clip about Bride of Chucky (which probably says something about him). I remember the studio (can't remember who) just shook their head and said "wow. Where did that come from". With respect to yesterdays Football Focus, Lawrenson reminded me of a squealing kid in a class who didn't understand the lesson and tried his best to disrupt it. Paul Ince's face was a giveaway. Other people on this thread have called him a dinosaur. He is, and should be retired asap

Just watched it this morning. Good considerate article on City, recognising this seasons achievements, right up until Lawro "got involved". Thought he'd take the floor with a good old pro rant about how the game has changed, but made himself look incompetent, utterly disrespectful and an idiot.

Would imagine the programmes producers have marked his card after that. 

Shame he had to spoil it. 

Lawrenson is and always has been a prize idiot, his monotonous boredom whilst being paid to  watch England (someone who despite being English chose to pretend to be Irish) just summed him up.

He is part of the North West pundit mafia though, Phil Neville, Kilbane, Savage, Murphy, Trevor Sinclair, all of them employed by the BBC because of their proximity to Salford rather than actually being any good at their job.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Lawrenson is and always has been a prize idiot, his monotonous boredom whilst being paid to  watch England (someone who despite being English chose to pretend to be Irish) just summed him up.

He is part of the North West pundit mafia though, Phil Neville, Kilbane, Savage, Murphy, Trevor Sinclair, all of them employed by the BBC because of their proximity to Salford rather than actually being any good at their job.

From when I've watched I don't find Murphy or Kilbane that bad tbh.

Archived