IGNORED

Winning ugly again

Robbored

It's an excellent sign when City don't play particularly well but still win the game as happened this afternoon. City never really got out of third gear and Forest were disappointing but you can only beat what's in front of you and  a win is a win.

Pack was excellent and my MoM and his goal topped an terrific performance.

I missed Bryans goal as I'd gone for a piss..........:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's an excellent sign when City don't play particularly well but still win the game as happened this afternoon. City never really got out of third gear and Forest were disappointing but you can only beat what's in front of you and  a win is a win.

I missed Bryan's goal as I'd gone for a piss..........:facepalm:

Not being there at the right time is becoming a regular occurrence.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At least you had the tannoy to let you know who scored

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm not sure it was that ugly. Forest have won a lot of games, they are no mugs... and credit to them for playing football. Great game btw, really good game.

Absolutely, no idea what was ugly about it at all.

We played well, Forest at least came and made a game of it and the ref, who was so bad against Burton, had a decent afternoon.

Considering how short of numbers we are, the run we are on has been just exceptional.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I actually thought Pack was our weak link .

Good goal though and one shit stopping tackle.

I quite enjoyed today TBH. As said, considering we are missing loads of players, we're going well. did Frankie have that much to do at 2-1? I don't remember anything too worrying TBH.

Fair play to Forest for making the game a good watch and take a bow Dowell, that was some strike! 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The scary thing is when we start playing well we will be flying!!! Last 4 have battled through. One or two quality additions in Jan. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely, no idea what was ugly about it at all.

We played well, Forest at least came and made a game of it and the ref, who was so bad against Burton, had a decent afternoon.

Considering how short of numbers we are, the run we are on has been just exceptional.

I certainly agree with your last sentence and great credit has to go to LJ for creating such a deep squad.

I didn't think City played well at all. Several periods of ragged play and the usual flow of our football under LJ wasn't in great supply but Forest deserve some credit for that. They certainly weren't an easy team to play against but at the same time never really threatened FF in goal. Their goal was a long deflected effort.

But we all see the same game differently I guess.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Winning again is great. The fact that you are ugly is just one of those things .............................. :wub:

I thought first half we were pretty good actually. 

Their goal gave them a lift and they were much better second half but never felt like they were really going to hurt us much.

Personally I think accumulating points is more important than performances at this time of the season. 

We could really do with a couple of weeks break though!!

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Our passing and movement was sublime in the first half and it was surprising that both our goals were long range efforts. Second half we were heading for 2-2 until Taylor came on to partner Bobby up front, from then on we were more of a presence on the pitch and it looked more likely that we would score a third rather than concede a second. Great substitution, showed tactical nous.

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Pack our weak link? An absolutely outrageous shout 

Why do people find it so hard to recognise his ability... technically he's our best football, can see things and play balls that no one else can in this team 

Archived