IGNORED

Magnússon

ZiderEyed

One of his best performances today and thought the song was a belter; think it could be a common feature this season!

Must admit I could only sing the second half of the song for a good few minutes as I couldn't quite grasp what the first half was saying! My mate and I were convinced it was.. 'Here's to you Pork Mattesons...'

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I have to admit that I’m a critic of his (more than enough reasons for this imo)

however, today I didn’t feel scared whenever the play went near him. He seemed to ooze composure and confidence and may long it continue. It won’t be long until I no longer become a critic

Yep and they seemed to target him early in the second half with balls in behind him. Up against a promising young player in Walker and came to grips with it quickly. Very composed from him today and I would probably play the same team against Man U except with Steele in goal. 

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and they seemed to target him early in the second half with balls in behind him. Up against a promising young player in Walker and came to grips with it quickly. Very composed from him today and I would probably play the same team against Man U except with Steele in goal. 

Notice how he stopped taking long throws in the second and just held his position.

Very sensible. 

54 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Whys that pointing bloke not watching the game? 

Maybe he prefers pointing at large crowds of people singing?

Someone might like the artwork in the concourse - if they are happy to pay the admission price to look at it for 2 hours who is anyone else to stop them.

5 hours ago, westred1 said:

Didn't win a lot in the air

Not having that. Watch the game again.  He won most of his battles, even if he didn't win the ball clean, pressure meant they didn't win the ball or profit much either.  As you say game of opinions....but apart from one blip in the second half where he mugged himself, he played a very steady game.  Progress.

Stevo

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Maybe he prefers pointing at large crowds of people singing?

Someone might like the artwork in the concourse - if they are happy to pay the admission price to look at it for 2 hours who is anyone else to stop them.

New potential revenue stream there! Pay to access the concourse but no actual match ticket. Kerching. And you can point all you want. 

Thought he had a good game, improving in that position from looking a little uncomfortable. Strangely I thought he looked nervous or unsure , even yesterday. He still waits to be told when and where to go, whether it came from LJ shouting at him to take the throws from the opposite wing or positioning at attacking corners. Seemed to grow into the game and started bombing on, close with a shot too.

10 hours ago, SDBS36 said:

Perhaps we need the guy with the drum to beat it out as Motherwell do/did

Whilst the guy with the drum can help to get a song started - I don't think we the drum throughout the whole rendition of a song. The Magnússon song was fine but I must admit my head was thumping by the end!

On 12/16/2017 at 22:45, kiwicolin said:

When Maggs does his throw ins , can we not do the Nordic clap ! 

We can't get it right . :facepalm:

The Lansdown Stand are the worst for it, they don't join in with any other chants but from S82 it's easy to see that they bloody love the Nordic clap for some reason.

It could be good if done well, the main problem is that it's started before he's even picked the ball up and has turned into a full round of applause before he's started the run up.

I'm more than happy for his new chant to take over anyway - sorry Lansdown Stand.

Archived