Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ZiderEyed

Magnússon

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone else think he had a really good game tonight? Well done Hörður.

Personally, I thought he was poor. Didn't win a lot in the air, few sloppy passes, if he committed to an aerial battle he seemed to come second every time.

Catchy song though.

• Like 3
  • Snake 3
  • Rubbish 15

Best game he has had at left back imo. One great pass first half. They seemed to be targeting our left side second half and thought he did as well as can be expected. However I think wright was much better on the other side. Still feel that's a weak link I'm afraid.

• Like 3

I couldn't work out the words to the song. What were they?

Edited by Masala

I thought it was easily his best performance and that's building on his last game which I had been his best to that point. Looked far more composed, came forward well, personally if he had scored I would have had him as my man of the match.

• Like 1

I have to admit that I’m a critic of his (more than enough reasons for this imo)

however, today I didn’t feel scared whenever the play went near him. He seemed to ooze composure and confidence and may long it continue. It won’t be long until I no longer become a critic

• Like 1

Good game - won a lot of ball and no flapping - more assured than normal.

Obviously want to see Pisano back but lot to be said for our centre half’s back line - holding strong on the ground and rarely troubled in the air; score line clouded by a wonder strike from distance.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Personally, I thought he was poor. Didn't win a lot in the air, few sloppy passes, if he committed to an aerial battle he seemed to come second every time.

Catchy song though.

Could you hear the crowd on BBCRB. :P

Agree with the others, best performance of season.

• Like 2

I didn’t see this thread but I just wrote elsewhere how the song really lifted him, you could see the confidence it gave him. I’ve never seen a player visibly respond so much. Great song, well done and thank you whoever thought of it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I didn’t see this thread but I just wrote elsewhere how the song really lifted him, you could see the confidence it gave him. I’ve never seen a player visibly respond so much. Great song, well done and thank you whoever thought of it.

I thought it seemed quite continental, with the drumming pattern, the bouncing, and the claps, you could see him looking over every time the ball went out.

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Catchy song though.

5 "bin" reactions because you all disagree with this well-written critique? Personally I thought he was decent today but hate this reaction for disagreeing with an opinion, it's like shutting someone down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Rubbish 9

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Could you hear the crowd on BBCRB. :P

Agree with the others, best performance of season.

Ha, would've been a lot warmer!

I respect that others thought he played well. However, Forest got in behind him too easily on a few occasions and clearly targeted him. 

The start of his (excellent) second half run you can see he was tentative about striding forward but once he backed himself, it was really unlucky it didn't result in a goal. A confidence player if ever I saw one.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

5 "bin" reactions because you all disagree with this well-written critique? Personally I thought he was decent today but hate this reaction for disagreeing with an opinion, it's like shutting someone down.

It is what it is!

Someone on the radio said Marlon Pack was poor in the first half; I thought he was very good. Game of opinions, it's why we love it!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Surely that's the entire point of the 'reaction' system? If I disagree, it'll probably get a dustbin, if I agree it'll be something positive. It's nothing personal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Snake 2
  • Rubbish 1

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone else think he had a really good game tonight? Well done Hörður.

Not for me . Weak as Simmons bitter . Play Kelly 

• Haha 2

Thought he had a solid game. Didn't make any mistakes, covered well and got forward on occasions. Even his forward run down the left flank and strike was better than anything Leko does in that position...looking up constantly whilst running and looking for a pass, nothing was on, so gave it a shot.

Fair play to the lad...gets lots of unfair criticism imo, has spent time on the bench this season, never moaned, and gave 100% every time he's been called upon. Never easy when you don't get a run of games. Well done Mags...and good little song for his confidence.

• Like 19

Thought he was very decent today - his best so far and getting better. One of the good things about his getting into the side is that it releases Joe to get up the field to bit more...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Surely that's the entire point of the 'reaction' system? If I disagree, it'll probably get a dustbin, if I agree it'll be something positive. It's nothing personal.

Gave you the bin as a joke! Feel free to respond accordingly 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Snake 1
  • Rubbish 1

Thought he was okay. Also thought other players put in more of a shift.

However, if this is the template we are working with and a summer of coaching and conditioning benefits the player then we might have a player who can do more than me have previously seem

Love the guy. Getting more confident each game. His throw ins add excitement to the game and puts the opposition under pressure. Love the crowds chanting. Let’s get him bombing down the wing now. Pity he missed the target by a foot in the 2nd half. If we can get a couple of decent players in January plus our injured lads back then and the following months, we must have a great chance to get promoted not just in the play offs.

One of his best performances today and thought the song was a belter; think it could be a common feature this season!

Must admit I could only sing the second half of the song for a good few minutes as I couldn't quite grasp what the first half was saying! My mate and I were convinced it was.. 'Here's to you Pork Mattesons...'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

It is what it is!

Someone on the radio said Marlon Pack was poor in the first half; I thought he was very good. Game of opinions, it's why we love it!

I thought it was one if his best games, so what do I know

His goal was positively Gerrard-like

• Like 1

Hörður. Is alright and keeps the ship steady.

Let's just enjoy this season. In the off season there a a few inconvenient truths to discuss

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I have to admit that I’m a critic of his (more than enough reasons for this imo)

however, today I didn’t feel scared whenever the play went near him. He seemed to ooze composure and confidence and may long it continue. It won’t be long until I no longer become a critic

Yep and they seemed to target him early in the second half with balls in behind him. Up against a promising young player in Walker and came to grips with it quickly. Very composed from him today and I would probably play the same team against Man U except with Steele in goal. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and they seemed to target him early in the second half with balls in behind him. Up against a promising young player in Walker and came to grips with it quickly. Very composed from him today and I would probably play the same team against Man U except with Steele in goal. 

Notice how he stopped taking long throws in the second and just held his position.

Very sensible. 

Edited by 054123
Where did you go, Joe DiMaggio...
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Whys that pointing bloke not watching the game? 

Maybe he prefers pointing at large crowds of people singing?

Someone might like the artwork in the concourse - if they are happy to pay the admission price to look at it for 2 hours who is anyone else to stop them.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

When Maggs does his throw ins , can we not do the Nordic clap ! 

We can't get it right . :facepalm:

We have successfully turned it into a poor version of hospital clap.

5 hours ago, westred1 said:

Didn't win a lot in the air

Not having that. Watch the game again.  He won most of his battles, even if he didn't win the ball clean, pressure meant they didn't win the ball or profit much either.  As you say game of opinions....but apart from one blip in the second half where he mugged himself, he played a very steady game.  Progress.

Stevo

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

So here's to you Hörður Magnússon, City love you more than you will know, ooh, ooh, ooh.

Someone suggested tweaking it to "City love you and your gurt long throw oh oh oh"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

So here's to you Hörður Magnússon, City love you more than you will know, ooh, ooh, ooh.

What imaginative well thought out lyrics 

take a bow whovever came up with that one

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Maybe he prefers pointing at large crowds of people singing?

Someone might like the artwork in the concourse - if they are happy to pay the admission price to look at it for 2 hours who is anyone else to stop them.

New potential revenue stream there! Pay to access the concourse but no actual match ticket. Kerching. And you can point all you want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

New potential revenue stream there! Pay to access the concourse but no actual match ticket. Kerching. And you can point all you want. 

I remember back in the day when you could buy a platform ticket down Temple Meads.